Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin custom Richter hack (V1.2a)  (Read 65798 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin custom Richter hack
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
That DXC Maria sprite looks nice :), I can't wait to see the full sprite sheet of it.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 11:33:55 PM »
You should see it some time soon. Considering for me, sprites take a long time to make, you'll see it sometime before this month is over, probably a little afterward. Depends on how much time I have. Just so you know, these are the things setting me back:
  • I still gotta play through Order of Shadows to see every subweapon and alchemy ability to finish spriting out Desmond for Serio.
  • I still gotta sprite out both CoD and SotN versions of Trevor, as well as Bloodletting Richter for the same game.
  • Still gotta arrange Awake and Fate to Despair, again for the same game.
  • I get bored during sprite work sometimes. So when I do get bored, I sprite something else. It's a weird way it works.

Don't let that list worry you too much. I work WAY better if I do multiple projects at once. Basically, if I'm getting tired or stressed from making sprites, I'll go sprite something easy to relieve said stress. It's a weird way I work. (:

On DXC Maria, I finished her idle and crouch poses, as I said earlier. I'm doing the running animation right now. Once they're done, I'll send them to Uzo, just like he said, to make those tweaks and fix any possible errors.

I may as well post a preview of what I got. I'll do it tomorrow since I don't have access to my actual computer at the moment. Just to show you I'm actually working on it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 12:34:35 AM »
Hey, Take it easy. I won't be able to update my hack so soon, because I've been sick for 3 months now (chest pain, back pain and occasional panic attack).

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
Ooh, collaboration work!  I like the unity in this thread. :)

I agree.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 01:24:51 AM »
Hey, Take it easy. I won't be able to update my hack so soon, because I've been sick for 3 months now (chest pain, back pain and occasional panic attack).

It's okay. I like working on sprites. (: All I really do lately when it comes to computers is sprite or frequent random forums. Besides, the sooner it gets done well... I'll actually have a full sheet of something to show off.
And that sicknessness doesn't sound too good. D:

EDIT: That's what I got so far. I'll try to take it a bit easier, instead of swarming you with updates.

And this is the other one I suggested to you before, recoloring Maria to her SotN outfit. I'm not working on this one at all, but basically showing you what I meant. I redid a lot on her suit and even gave her adult Maria's gloves. (:
I'll finish this one eventually, actually.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:01:37 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 06:40:32 AM »
That green one is pretty damn sweet so far. I'd do something different with the skirt though. I think the DXC one would look good in green too.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »
If anything, I'd just slim the skirt to make it... well, more attached to her legs. I'm not going to make it short like the SotN version, cuz that's just asking for Pedobear to come and destroy me. Plus, there'd be a metric ton of upskirt views due to the weird poses Maria gets in.

The DXC outfit looks kinda odd in green. I dunno what it is.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
It's okay. I like working on sprites. (: All I really do lately when it comes to computers is sprite or frequent random forums. Besides, the sooner it gets done well... I'll actually have a full sheet of something to show off.
And that sicknessness doesn't sound too good. D:

About my sickness, I've been to a doctor and he said my body is physically fine. So he said it might be psychologically related problem that causes the pain. It will heal eventually, but the process takes time.

EDIT: That's what I got so far. I'll try to take it a bit easier, instead of swarming you with updates.

Looks nice. :) that's a good progress there.

And this is the other one I suggested to you before, recoloring Maria to her SotN outfit. I'm not working on this one at all, but basically showing you what I meant. I redid a lot on her suit and even gave her adult Maria's gloves. (:
I'll finish this one eventually, actually.

Looks good, but I still think the DXC Maria is better.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »
I think this DXC Maria looks wierd because the dark color in her pink parts is shared on her face and I think there's a shade of yellow in there too. It would need a palette overhaul to work in green.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
@Pemburu
Alright, then I'll put aside the green Maria. I had plans to make a game with her anyway, so I'll use that sheet.
Hmm... So what caused that sicknessness? Psychological related problems are a pain (no pun intended).

@Inccubus
Her face colors are different from her outfit colors, though. The palette, like Uzo said, is taken directly from her Rondo version.
However, if I did recolor it to the SotN version (which I might do later just for fun), I'll give her the SotN palette for her skin. It's not too much work. But since I recolor everything manually (as in I color it pixel by pixel rather than using palette options), it's gonna be a pain. >.<

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
@Pemburu
Hmm... So what caused that sicknessness? Psychological related problems are a pain (no pun intended).

Depression. I've been in depression for over 7 years now. I have social anxiety disorder. So, l've been in my house 24/7. The pains might have been caused by the lack of physical exercise. It is painful, but I'll do my best to get back healthy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:51:40 PM by Pemburu Vampir »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »
Depression. I've been in depression for over 7 years now. I have social anxiety disorder. So, l've been in my house 24/7. The pains might have been caused by the lack of physical exercise. It is painful, but I'll do my best to get back healthy.
Oh wow. The doctor once told me that I was close to getting something similar like that. Close, though. I hope you get better, man.

I'll tell you one thing, though. You sure as hell made PoR way more interesting to play. (:
Any possible way to replace the in-game music with the arranged version of the OST? Sounds like a lot of work, but yeah.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »
Oh wow. The doctor once told me that I was close to getting something similar like that. Close, though. I hope you get better, man.

I'll tell you one thing, though. You sure as hell made PoR way more interesting to play. (:

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Any possible way to replace the in-game music with the arranged version of the OST? Sounds like a lot of work, but yeah.

I'm still an amateur at ROM hacking, so it's not possible for me to do that yet.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »
Thank you for your kind words. :)

I'm still an amateur at ROM hacking, so it's not possible for me to do that yet.

Your welcome. ^.^
Alright, it's no biggie. Was just a small hope, since the arranges sound really cool.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 04:20:16 PM »
I have a question.

Would it be posible to add Alucard and make him playable in POR?

Maybe a Castlevania Portrait of Ruin Alucard hack?

If so would any of you rom hackers consider doing it?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/