Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97949 times)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
Hoping for some news on a sequel to LoS

Ditto. Itching for at least some news on LoS2.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 04:14:19 AM »
Ditto. Itching for at least some news on LoS2.

Hell nah. That's the last thing I want to see.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 07:22:00 AM »
No news on LoS2 please. I'd like to hear news on a real Castlevania game, though.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 09:56:33 AM »
No news on LoS2 please. I'd like to hear news on a real Castlevania game, though.

Agreed. :)  LoS is a complete disgrace to the Castlevania name.  They couldn't even do the combat and level design right.  Weakest whip in history even.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 10:34:43 AM »
*sigh* more haters.... If you can accept Alucard, you can accept Dracula Belmont, its the same concept.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
yeah guys just wait till you see Alucard Belmont, it's gonna be awwwesommme

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
There's already been an Alucard Belmont. They called him Juste.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »
I hope it will be anounce of LOS2. Or at least LOS2 will be hinted.
I am interested in the Gabriel story and, besides it will piss off haters and fanboys.

Agreed.   LoS is a complete disgrace to the Castlevania name.  They couldn't even do the combat and level design right.  Weakest whip in history even.
And the copypaste game is infinitely better, than an attempt to give a new blood to the declining and confused in itself series. tsk.tsk....

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
I love the original Canon, but I'm not gonna Hate on the New Universe because they took a risk into a very interesting Plot twist.
Lords of Shadow was meant to be a Simon's Quest Remake, but they decided to make a few changes and ended up with LoS.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Its all about taste, I prefer the super CV IV combined with sotn style CV because I fell in love with it immediately and I consider it to be the best way for castlevania at all times...as long as it's done right... and not repeated again and again due company's loss of budget, imagination and motivation..

LoS was not the best thing ever if you ask me, there was nothing special about it...I rather wait for the new oblivion than a LoS game... 

dont think we will be seeing anything positive regarding the actual games for a long time.. just hope for some more ayami kojima art and great soundtracks=)!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »
And the copypaste game is infinitely better, than an attempt to give a new blood to the declining and confused in itself series. tsk.tsk....

Could you please stop pretending that if somebody doesn't link Lords of Shadow, he or she must automatically fully support the opposite side? I realise you are talking to Affinity here, but you make it sound like all we want is the same thing over and over. >:[     
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:30:29 PM by Nagumo »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »
Except I hear all this hardcore LoS hate, and yet the main franchise has far more problems than simply a few borrowed gameplay mechanics and a different story curve.

Its kinda pissin' me off actually.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 02:04:19 PM »
People are not complaining about just that though.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
I hope it will be anounce of LOS2. Or at least LOS2 will be hinted.
I am interested in the Gabriel story and, besides it will piss off haters and fanboys.

Oh right, you wouldn't even mind if Cox and friends kill the series further with their nonsense, even as an alternate timeline.  They couldn't even be inspired to design the main character and game better without Kojima's help and support (and they still failed on multiple levels)    And since you are soooo interested in that story (notice you don't mention ANYTHING about its gameplay, which is far worse than LoI and CoD.) ,  then Cox and company are better off making books, not Castlevania branded games.     Next thing you know, it will be Castlevania in New York, and you probably will only stick with it because it has new graphics and different story?     That isn't what Castlevania gaming is about.

Well I guess what some people said are right in some cases, 'a lot of fans don't know what's best for a franchise'.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »
People are not complaining about just that though.
Oh right, you wouldn't even mind if Cox and friends kill the series further with their nonsense, even as an alternate timeline.  They couldn't even be inspired to design the main character and game better without Kojima's help and support (and they still failed on multiple levels)    And since you are soooo interested in that story (notice you don't mention ANYTHING about its gameplay, which is far worse than LoI and CoD.) ,  then Cox and company are better off making books, not Castlevania branded games.     Next thing you know, it will be Castlevania in New York, and you probably will only stick with it because it has new graphics and different story?   

Well I guess what some people said are right in some cases, 'a lot of fans don't know what's best for a franchise'.

Case in point.

*points at Affinity*
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: