Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Time for good news. Brand new Castlevania 3DS rumor.  (Read 47645 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Time for good news. Brand new Castlevania 3DS rumor.
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
Yusyus. T'was recently confirmed at a event FromSoftware had a few days ago.
*Pre-orders especial edition*

Edit: Time for letting this topic have a nice and paceful death?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:50:27 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 10:58:13 PM »
If all else fails, just imagine Dark Souls is the next Castlevania game. It has whips as weapons, and a dark soundtrack!
That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!

Dark fantasy with a whip... that's how we got Lords of Shadow.

Interestingly enough, while I always love the medieval-set CVs, there's just something more about the 18th-19th century Enlightenment-Victorian era I like more. Like CV64, as far as 3D CVs are concerned, I'd love to see THAT ear tackled instead of medieval again. LoI, CoD, LoS, all fairly medieval worlds. Even though it might've been hoping for too much, when IGA started to talk about making a game that dealt with Quincy Morris and CV's version of Stoker's novel(how the events went down in the CV universe), to envision that setting, I kinda got giddy. We've had CotM, RoB, SotN, HoD, OoE and the CV64 games, but with the recent venture into 3D, it's a setting I'd love to see realized.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »
Even though it might've been hoping for too much, when IGA started to talk about making a game that dealt with Quincy Morris and CV's version of Stoker's novel(how the events went down in the CV universe), to envision that setting, I kinda got giddy.

I'd love to see this too. But I don't believe that IGA is the right person to tell this story.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »
If all else fails, just imagine Dark Souls is the next Castlevania game. It has whips as weapons, and a dark soundtrack!

Can't wait for dark souls. my special edition is pre-ordered.

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2011, 01:15:57 PM »
I want an actual Renaissance Castlevania. Well, we already kinda have LoI for that, costume design anyway. Area-wise, it kinda spans a number of different centuries. Walter was so fashionably ahead of his time.

Tags: