Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I have a problem...  (Read 3547 times)

Sex Thing

I have a problem...
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
...I'm addicted to Castlevania games. AA refused me. Rehab clinics just laugh when they read the admission form. The local bald priest told me he was addicted to vampire slaying while flexing his mysterious long hem rope. So he couldn't be of any help. But he directed me to this forum. Here's hoping that you guys know what to do about this addiction. On the other hand....does anyone know, besides the Konami, of another 2d Castlevania game in the production?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:54:24 PM »
The closest thing to a new 2D game is an amazing looking Simon's Quest hack with tons of new music, amazing graphics, more content/relics/bosses, being worked on by Optomon, Thaddeus, and some other guys (the only other one I've heard of is Silver X). It hasn't had a lot of recent updates but I've heard from Optomon that it's still in production.

Just as an example of a piece of its badassness, here's a new song in it (new to the game anyway).

Gears Go Awry

No new official games announced yet though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »
That is actually one of my favorite PoR songs. And hearing it in glorious 8-bit makes me drool for this game to be completed!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
Where can I find more info on that Simon's Quest hack? Sounds amazing!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »
...I'm addicted to Castlevania games. AA refused me. Rehab clinics just laugh when they read the admission form. The local bald priest told me he was addicted to vampire slaying while flexing his mysterious long hem rope. So he couldn't be of any help. But he directed me to this forum. Here's hoping that you guys know what to do about this addiction. On the other hand....does anyone know, besides the Konami, of another 2d Castlevania game in the production?

10/10
I nominate this guy for best fucking intro post ever.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
OH MY GOD.  I fangasmed.  Like... instantly.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 09:47:53 AM »
This is so awesome!!!! We need more music, like this one!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »
That is indeed an awesome remix 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 03:55:31 PM »
Where can I find more info on that Simon's Quest hack? Sounds amazing!

Teh youtubes. There isn't a whole lot of info outside of some basic stuff, but try Optomon's channel for the music, and for some gameplay stuff look up a user named spectredev.

Tags: