Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Epitaph of Blood  (Read 49914 times)

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »
As I said on my last topic:
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4748.0.html
I am going to start a new engine for my fangame. So I will post here any news about it or something like that :3

Sprites:
I still don't know what I'm going to use for the character sprites... I may use some richter that was already made or I will use this new one that I was working on, what you guys think?

A maria standing sprite I made just for testing purposes:

System:
I'm thinking about adding the familiars from the first version on this one... But the weapons menu I don't know if I will keep it, maybe only one special weapon...

Updated sprite:
Walking:

Just finished the first sprite totally to see how it was going to be like...

The Angel familiar from the old version:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:02:29 PM by Crimson_Curse »

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »
I'd actually enjoy seeing that Richter come to fruition; it'd be interesting to see a DS-esque spriteset of Richter, alongside being a nice change of pace from Rondo/Symphony Richter or Serio's Richter. Of course, it could use a bit of touching up, but I'd still love to see it completed!

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »
I'd actually enjoy seeing that Richter come to fruition; it'd be interesting to see a DS-esque spriteset of Richter, alongside being a nice change of pace from Rondo/Symphony Richter or Serio's Richter. Of course, it could use a bit of touching up, but I'd still love to see it completed!
Yeah I'm trying to make something out of it... I'm not a sprite artist LOL actually one could say that was my first character sprite. Super noob in this...

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
As I said on my last topic:
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4748.0.html
I am going to start a new engine for my fangame. So I will post here any news about it or something like that :3

Sprites:
I still don't know what I'm going to use for the character sprites... I may use some richter that was already made or I will use this new one that I was working on, what you guys think?

System:
I'm thinking about adding the familiars from the first version on this one... But the weapons menu I don't know if I will keep it, maybe only one special weapon...

I like. Could be alot of potential in this sprite if we get a full sheet.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
for not being a sprite artist that's preaty good for your first attempt  :o
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »
for not being a sprite artist that's preaty good for your first attempt  :o

Seriously? Thanks a lot man! That makes me want to end it up! I'm trying to do the walking sprites over the jonathan sheet... If any sprite artist wants to give me some advice I'll be glad D=

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »
Seriously? Thanks a lot man! That makes me want to end it up! I'm trying to do the walking sprites over the jonathan sheet... If any sprite artist wants to give me some advice I'll be glad D=

Oh lordy lord, your DXC Richter is probably one of the best ones I ever done see! D: It pays nice attention to the detail.

Although, Jonathan's running animation is kinda stupid (why does he run like that?) I think Julius' running anim from HD would be better (I posted the sprite sheet somewhere in the Sprite Request thread).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
Oh lordy lord, your DXC Richter is probably one of the best ones I ever done see! D: It pays nice attention to the detail.

Although, Jonathan's running animation is kinda stupid (why does he run like that?) I think Julius' running anim from HD would be better (I posted the sprite sheet somewhere in the Sprite Request thread).

DAMN! LOL! I already started the Jonathan one! =( sad forever... jk, but take a look at it and maybe I try to make it with Julius

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »
No, no. By all means, you may finish it. It's just by my personal preference. I hate the way a lot of the characters in CV run.

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
No, no. By all means, you may finish it. It's just by my personal preference. I hate the way a lot of the characters in CV run.
Okay! :3
And you are right, some of them do walk in strange ways... Don't know why but that Nes Simon in Harmony of Dissonance looks awkward when going down stairs LOL

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »
It's more specifically the 16-bit characters. Richter, Julius (in HD), Maria, Charlotte, and Yoko are the only ones who run normally. Soma's arms just look unnatural (and they get really big in AoS), Jonathan has his arms really close to his chest, Albus thrusts his body too much, Shanoa looks like she's running at 300 miles an hour, etc. You get the point. :P

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »
It's more specifically the 16-bit characters. Richter, Julius (in HD), Maria, Charlotte, and Yoko are the only ones who run normally. Soma's arms just look unnatural (and they get really big in AoS), Jonathan has his arms really close to his chest, Albus thrusts his body too much, Shanoa looks like she's running at 300 miles an hour, etc. You get the point. :P

I'm starting to get happy that I didn't had the chance to play Order of Ecclesia yet... LOL
I tested my animation a bit now on a simple plataform and it looks normal i guess. As soon as I make the full version of his walk I will post here :3

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 06:11:01 PM »
Jonathan's running animations do look kind of strange. Almost as if he's floating along the ground rather then running. Julius's sprite is more ground-heavy so it appears (and feels) more natural.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »
So you guys think i should go more on the Julius way ? hm

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
It's entirely up to you. Go with what you feel will work for the character.  :)

Tags: fan made game