Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820851 times)

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #720 on: May 22, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »
+2
Still, the comment on Cox twitter read "Wrong end of the stick" when asked about Mirror of Fate. One could argue that the "stick" is the Castlevania franchise as a whole, with Cox at one end and IGA on the other. But that's just my interpretation and I'm notorious for being wrong  ;)

No, I'm right there with you. It would actually make a lot of sense given what he said.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #721 on: May 22, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
I'm gone for a day and this explodes into 48 pages?  :o

Well, nice to at least see this is real. Like I said, I won't be making any judgements until after I see more. However...what is this about LoS2 being for PS3, Xbox360, Vita, and WiiU? Well, time for me to read through some of these posts.  :P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #722 on: May 22, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
no way in hell Im readin all these posts! a new cv? its legit? *goes off to google*

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #723 on: May 22, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »
How can you fuck up what was nonsensical standalone games in the first place? Previous to them they were just games with no connections.

What are you talking about? Iga got rid of the Belmonts, with NO explanation, made it possible for anybody, with any type of weapon, to defeat Dracula, "Japanised" the series, turned Dracula into a Japanese teenager, made pointless and lackluster sequels, reused sprites way too often, created Judgement, etc, etc.

And then you have Cox, who I can't really get too angry at, yet, since he only released one game in the series. However, almost everybody here whines and complains about how they  feel that he didn't make a proper Castlevania, yet they are now totally excited that he is returning ....and maybe even now working with Iga.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #724 on: May 22, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
+4
I think your 'almost everybody here' is vastly miscalculated.
Just because some people post more about something doesn't mean the entire forum populace feels as they do.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #725 on: May 22, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #726 on: May 22, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »
+2
What are you talking about? Iga got rid of the Belmonts, with NO explanation, made it possible for anybody, with any type of weapon, to defeat Dracula, "Japanised" the series, turned Dracula into a Japanese teenager, made pointless and lackluster sequels, reused sprites way too often, created Judgement, etc, etc.

"Random nobodies" means Hector and Shanoa- one guy whom Death states is imbued with the power of Dracula and fights a possessed man, and a woman who uses Dracula's own power to destroy him. Not exactly what I'd call nobodies.

Then there is PoR where you play as Jonathan, who is part Belmont. Not exactly without precedent, given Bloodlines. Gasp, you can even beat Dracula in that game as Eric LeCarde. That means fuckin' Tomikatsu Kirita not only shoehorned not-real Belmonts into the game, he even made it so that Eric could kill Dracula. I knew that Tomikatsu was the Castlevania producer who had it out for the Belmonts!

Then there are the Sorrow games, where you...play as Dracula and fight cultists.

So that leaves Leon Belmont and Juste Belmont.

Basically, the whole 'IGA hates Belmonts/whips/MEEEEEEEE' is unfiltered dumb filtered through a ton of dumb.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: May 22, 2012, 05:05:18 PM »
@beingthehero:

It's ridiculous that Hector, Shanoa, and Soma even exist. Why the hell would Dracula and Death need "Devil Forgemasters?" And why do they not need the Vampire Killer to kill Dracula? And what is the point of Shanoa, in a game filled with Belmonts? And if the Belmonts can't use the Vampire Killer, which is never even given a reason, then why wasn't the playable character a Morris? And don't even get me started on Soma.....a Japanese kid, who just so happens to be the reincarnated Dracula.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #728 on: May 22, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
+5
Also Castlevania has never been "Japanised prior to IGA? Really? Pray tell, what series have you been playing?

Also Devil Forgemasters created monsters for Dracula. Dracula only possessed Isaac, in which Dracula even conveniently states "THE TRANSFORMATION....WAS IT NOT COMPLETE?!" If you recall, Hector told Julia he felt it was suicide to go into Dracula's Castle without the VK, but succeeded anyways because it wasn't really Dracula.

Also OoE occurred prior to Bloodlines, when the Morrises had the whip instead of the Belmonts. The whole 'Morrises have taken over for the Belmonts' was established in 1994. Fuckin' Time-Travel IGA, am I right?

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #729 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »
is /vg/ the source that is saying potential screens friday? i think im about to start drooling with all of this new info.
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: May 22, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »
+1
It would be so funny and sad if the graphics ended up looking so awful and we were like.......

Son of a bbiiiiiiiiiiiiiyatchhh

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: May 22, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
is /vg/ the source that is saying potential screens friday? i think im about to start drooling with all of this new info.

I think so. I'm honestly psyched, whether it's 2D or 3D. I'd like to see it produced by IGA, directed by Alvarez, and using much darker enemy designs, and featuring Simon or Trevor.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
+2
Thomas,

The Belmonts' absence started with Bloodlines prior to IGA's involvement.  I agree the series got somewhat muddied with too many non-Belmont side-stories, but working within Castlevania's limited timeline was a legitimate challenge --that's why a reboot was simply inevitable.  At least half of the criticism toward IGA is just as easily directed at Konami itself --things like recycled code and graphic content has a great deal to do with limited budgets and resources...

As for Cox, I think his only real problem is pompous PR tact.  IGA was much more down to Earth and humble about his work and toward his audience.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #733 on: May 22, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
Also Castlevania has never been "Japanised prior to IGA? Really? Pray tell, what series have you been playing?

Also Devil Forgemasters created monsters for Dracula. Dracula only possessed Isaac, in which Dracula even conveniently states "THE TRANSFORMATION....WAS IT NOT COMPLETE?!" If you recall, Hector told Julia he felt it was suicide to go into Dracula's Castle without the VK, but succeeded anyways because it wasn't really Dracula.

Also OoE occurred prior to Bloodlines, when the Morrises had the whip instead of the Belmonts. The whole 'Morrises have taken over for the Belmonts' was established in 1994. Fuckin' Time-Travel IGA, am I right?

Why would Dracula, the "Dark Lord," and/or Death need anybody to create monsters for them in the first place? And if he wasn't really Dracula then who was he? He sure seemed like Dracula to me. He even transformed in to his "human" and monster forms. He returned by possessing Isaac.

What does Bloodlines releasing in 1994 have to do with anything? I asked why a Morris wasn't around for OoE. If OoE takes place before Bloodlines then why wasn't a Belmont a playable character? If they can't use the Vampire Killer then why was there never a reason given? Or better yet, why even make a game in that time period? Why make a game after the Belmonts but before the Morris'? It's not like this game progressed the story line at all. It just added more redundant characters.

And no, Iga is not a time traveler......he just introduced them to the series. :rollseyes:

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #734 on: May 22, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »
@beingthehero:

It's ridiculous that Hector, Shanoa, and Soma even exist. Why the hell would Dracula and Death need "Devil Forgemasters?" And why do they not need the Vampire Killer to kill Dracula? And what is the point of Shanoa, in a game filled with Belmonts? And if the Belmonts can't use the Vampire Killer, which is never even given a reason, then why wasn't the playable character a Morris? And don't even get me started on Soma.....a Japanese kid, who just so happens to be the reincarnated Dracula.

Why would Dracula, the "Dark Lord," and/or Death need anybody to create monsters for them in the first place? And if he wasn't really Dracula then who was he? He sure seemed like Dracula to me. He even transformed in to his "human" and monster forms. He returned by possessing Isaac.

What does Bloodlines releasing in 1994 have to do with anything? I asked why a Morris wasn't around for OoE. If OoE takes place before Bloodlines then why wasn't a Belmont a playable character? If they can't use the Vampire Killer then why was there never a reason given? Or better yet, why even make a game in that time period? Why make a game after the Belmonts but before the Morris'? It's not like this game progressed the story line at all. It just added more redundant characters.

And no, Iga is not a time traveler......he just introduced them to the series. :rollseyes:

Take a chill pill.

For good or ill, the characters are all explained in universe, so the question of "why?" becomes completely moot.

Signs point to a Belmont filled future on the Castlevania horizon, so instead of moaning about what has been, look forward to what is to come.

Tags: .....? 

anything