Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820766 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #795 on: May 23, 2012, 01:42:30 AM »
I think a Belmont sneaking in with missionaries would be the most likely scenario there. A monster hunter among monks lol.

Very true, how could I forget about the missionaries. Makes more sense than giving muskets to nobunaga ,but the ending could be very bloody with the persecutions of the japanese Christians and such would the fuma be an adversary or ally? Would there be bad blood between the Belmont clan and Fuma clan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirishitan
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:45:41 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #796 on: May 23, 2012, 01:46:21 AM »
too bad i asked michiru yamani and she said to me she doesn't know anything about CV:HOF

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/DENGO-ZERO/dammit.png

Now i'm so sure that we wont see her on castlevania never ... just dammit
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:50:36 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #797 on: May 23, 2012, 01:54:19 AM »
too bad i asked michiru yamani and she said to me she doesn't know anything about CV:HOF

If anything don't you think she needs a break from cv let her do something else that is how I see it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #798 on: May 23, 2012, 01:57:31 AM »
If anything don't you think she needs a break from cv let her do something else that is how I see it.

but i hope that break wont affect on her touches cuz skullgirls was her latest job and i bought the game just to listen to her songs but i got surprised the soundtracks wasn't that good .. it was just normal

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #799 on: May 23, 2012, 02:01:07 AM »
but i hope that break wont affect on her touches cuz skullgirls was her latest job and i bought the game just to listen to her songs but i got surprised the soundtracks wasn't that good .. it was just normal

Really I have not heard her skullgirls soundtracts yet.In fact I am surprised she did the music for it or maybe I just forgot about it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #800 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:58 AM »
Really I have not heard her skullgirls soundtracts yet.In fact I am surprised she did the music for it or maybe I just forgot about it.

Yep also she's the main composer to it and the soundtracks are nothing to Castlevania music

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #801 on: May 23, 2012, 02:17:44 AM »
The only thing at this stage worrying me with Mirror of Fate are these (very loose) rumours that it'll be cel-shaded (or amount to a cel-shaded intro).

I don’t know where I’m going with this, I could be worrying over nothing at all (and a false rumour).  What does anyone else thing of this, or care to speculate on which art style would be preferred for the game?

Castlevania games have had by nature bright, black-outlined and/or very cartoony or anime-like inspired sprites and backgrounds before, so what’s the problem?  I cannot shake my inner feeling that Castlevania should really try a less ‘perfected’ hand in the art stakes.  There’s too much work in some of the backgrounds of Ecclesia and Portrait, they appear too meticulous if you like, refined, polished, colourful.  Of course, it’s the nostalgia in me that secretly yearns something of a return to that palette of SCV4 or what even Belmont’s Revenge did from a creative point of view, really drab and at-times rough textures, rugged, crumbling terrains.

I’ve played the likes of Outland below, and the graphics feel fresh, modern and fantastic, but I cannot shake the feeling that it all becomes a bit bland and same-ish after a while.  Hard to put the finger on why exactly.  I'm just hard to please!

Order of Ecclesia

Outland

Super Meat Boy

Viewtiful Joe

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: May 23, 2012, 02:24:04 AM »

Never say never.  And a possible Mirror of Fate: Dream Team Castlevania could still feature the likes of "Souji" Taro (SCIV) or Kinuyo Yamashita (I/III)!

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #803 on: May 23, 2012, 03:53:18 AM »
I can't see cel-shading as an automatic negative Silverlord. Some of my very favorite games use it. Mainly the original Sly Cooper trilogy which I love to pieces, they were able to create a wonderful unashamedly cartoony neo-art deco world with that. Complete with deliciously moody, deep-blue and black night levels at times.
So I think if the devs do go with Cel-shading for a Castlevania as long as the rest of the art direction works with it it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #804 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »
Wow... Just wow? So, I haven't been around much and put myself in lurker status just to casually browse around and see whats new every once in awhile and I for one am honestly excited that two titles will be release of the franchise. Only one issue, why so much bitching over a Japanese man with a long shaggy beard who needs to wash his hair every once in awhile and a bald headed, beer drinking, tea sipping con-artist? Look - the point of a producer is to SELL the game, even if small little "Lies" are placed in to it. It's apart of the business, I assume some of you work or have worked in retail stales and marketing.

Secondly, why so much hatred for the game types? Screw you guys I'll stick to my good ol' NES classicvanias which more than stomp in the new age cycles of todays age :P (Jk!) Seriously, from what I've read - I look forward to seeing what Konami has plans to do with the series. Stop complaining about the "Hollywood" music score, I prefer to call it "New-age" classical. Stop screaming about the constant "Anime plot" and 'Cartoon' drawings, it was stated since day #1 of the art change from DoS's release is that IGA wanted to attract these two audience types -

A. Children/Teens
B.  Women

What is majority of the money making done via towards the entertainment industry?  What was stated above. Who cares if the plot was dumb downed and simplified - with a cheesy plot. Who cares if Zobek's narration for Gabriel's "Pain" is more based towards the original journal concept of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Wow, you guys scream too much, its worse than Final Fantasy 7 fanbois/girls....

It honestly embarrassed me to see this, for being a fan of the series since the 80s. Grow up and learn to see a series mature and take a new toll, its like people screaming about how metallica sold out after they simply cut their hair. -.-;

Either way, still love you dungeoneers <3

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #805 on: May 23, 2012, 04:23:10 AM »
Hey, bitching is guaranteed to happen in any given fandom. :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #806 on: May 23, 2012, 04:54:02 AM »
If both IGA and Cox are going to present this game I hope they are going to do a comedic duo act complete with eye poking and throwing pies.

The running gag would be that they both think of themselves as the producer of the Castlevania series while accusing the other of being a fraud.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:55:42 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #807 on: May 23, 2012, 04:58:35 AM »
If both IGA and Cox are going to present this game I hope they are going to do a comedic duo act complete with eye poking and throwing pies.

The running gag would be that they both think of themselves as the producer of the Castlevania series while accusing the other of being a fraud.

It will be like ooh i see two castlevanias at one game , some levels will feel like los in 2D and some levels will feel like Igavanias so it will win both los fans and cv

guys who would agree to see CV:los presented in 2d ?

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: May 23, 2012, 05:44:10 AM »
guys who would agree to see CV:los presented in 2d ?

I've always felt that LoI and CoD would've been MUCH better games if they were 2D. LoS is fine as a 3D game, but I could see it working as a 2D game as well.

Also, I don't know why, but I'm feeling REALLY optimistic about these rumors. They might not even be true. Maybe I'm just starving for some fun, 2D Castlevania. Either way, I'm just glad we *apparently* have something to look forward to.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #809 on: May 23, 2012, 05:46:09 AM »
Random comment from Paul Gale:

More Castlevania is always a good thing in my book and with Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadows 2 being spread out over 3DS, Wii U, and other platforms (for the latter of the two), it looks as though Konami is set out to please all of its different fans.

Or I'm just looking too much into this.

Tags: .....?