Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821476 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #915 on: May 23, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
+1
Since there are way too many pages here to read through, where did his info of Simon and Trevor and what they look like come from? Also are there any leaked pictures yet?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #916 on: May 23, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
+2
i heard Trevor is gonna have a doppleganger

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #917 on: May 23, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
I want to punch Alucard in the face if he is a villain/antihero, hell I just want to punch him regardless.  :P

Oh, yeah! I love Alucard but I want to see him get his ass handed to him by Trevor, or any Belmont for that matter.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #918 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
+1
Since there are way too many pages here to read through, where did his info of Simon and Trevor and what they look like come from? Also are there any leaked pictures yet?

Eurogamer posted artwork of Trevor Belmont but quickly took it down, the ones who were lucky enough to catch it(and didn't screencap it for some reason) described him wearing a longcoat like he one he wore in Dracula's Curse and under it was armor similar to Gabriel's armor with a lion face sculpted on his shoulder pad.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #919 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »
+2
Yeah. I'd prefer Trevor in the first game and Simon in the second. And I can't say that I'm happy about the rumor of them being father and son. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Remember, this is a reboot. Think of them as new Belmonts with names from characters we knew of in past games. Besides, didn't some parody games by Konami run with the idea that there were three Simon Belmonts, using it as a name passed down from the family? I do recall maybe in the Wai Wai World games that it had Simon Belmont III/the Third as the Belmont of the game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #920 on: May 23, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »

Oh, yeah! I love Alucard but I want to see him get his ass handed to him by Trevor, or any Belmont for that matter.

Yeah if it is true then I cannot wait to beat him again as Trevor. or my favorite belmont simon.

But how will these two play differently.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #921 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
+2
Remember, this is a reboot. Think of them as new Belmonts with names from characters we knew of in past games. Besides, didn't some parody games by Konami run with the idea that there were three Simon Belmonts, using it as a name passed down from the family? I do recall maybe in the Wai Wai World games that it had Simon Belmont III/the Third as the Belmont of the game.

I know. But just because it's a reboot doesn't mean they have to change EVERYTHING.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #922 on: May 23, 2012, 04:11:00 PM »
+2
either Trevor is gonna be in his late 40s or 50s for Simon to be grown up "with a beard"
or Trevor will be way younger & Simon will be a teenager

and which 1 will wield the Vampire Killer

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #923 on: May 23, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
+3
I know. But just because it's a reboot doesn't mean they have to change EVERYTHING.

Forget everything you know about Cast- yeah, you know.

And I do agree with you. If they're going to take major characters from the old games, I would expect the limitations of them from the old canon to be taken into account. Otherwise they should just make new characters. Particularly with the Belmont lineage.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #924 on: May 23, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
+2
either Trevor is gonna be in his late 40s or 50s for Simon to be grown up "with a beard"
or Trevor will be way younger & Simon will be a teenager

I hope they don't make Trevor die for Simon to inherit the Vampire Killer. That would suck. And man, I so wish I caught that Trevor pic.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #925 on: May 23, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
It may not be the best comparison but Trevor and Simon play differently in Judgment. Trevor does more punching and kicking moves and Simon is more involved with the whip. Just a thought.

Moreover, I'm aware of this being a reboot but isn't Trevor the Grandfather of Simon or something of the sort. Although I don't mind if he's the father as long as he's a Belmont.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #926 on: May 23, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »
The "Vampire Killer" doesn't exist anymore. Rinaldo probably made new whips for both of them.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #927 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
+1
Moreover, I'm aware of this being a reboot but isn't Trevor the Grandfather of Simon or something of the sort. Although I don't mind if he's the father as long as he's a Belmont.

cox does what he wants, when he wants

The "Vampire Killer" doesn't exist anymore. Rinaldo probably made them both new whips.

you right you right. so how long it'll be before you sell your copy?  :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #928 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »
I hope they don't make Trevor die for Simon to inherit the Vampire Killer. That would suck. And man, I so wish I caught that Trevor pic.

Dammit you beat me to it.

Fun thought then Sypha would be Simon mother, hey that could explain why Simon set that ghoul in a green flame in that tech demo gauntlet plus magic power  ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:21:02 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #929 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
+1
you right you right. so how long it'll be before you sell your copy?  :P
I'll play it, beat it, and then sell it if I really don't end up liking it.

Tags: .....?