Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378321 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Might get my copy tomorrow. Until then, I'll sleep in my coffin...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Is it weird that the more I hear those blood sfx and see Dracula eat hearts and shit, I get hungry?  :P

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
by tomorrow half the dungeon would have already beaten it cuz theyre playing on "Twilight Knight"

so i assume they also sparkle in daylight

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
by tomorrow half the dungeon would have already beaten it cuz theyre playing on "Twilight Knight"

so i assume they also sparkle in daylight

I'm not. :P

I never go for that easy mode crap at the beginning of the game unless I'm extremely interested in the story of the game rather than the gameplay which rarely happens.

I'm playing on Creature of the Night.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
decided the game felt too easy so i went Lord of Shadow difficulty.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
decided the game felt too easy so i went Lord of Shadow difficulty.

Are you enjoying it so far?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Are you enjoying it so far?
sure am. I like the castle bits. they feel like something i'd find in an older 3D CV game.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
*high five to Flame & DarkPrinceAlucard* word up

i am enjoying the game (so far) because its exactly what i expected it to be

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I m enjoying the game so far as well :) I only got to the part where I capture that ugly woman thing and bring it back to Patrick Steward :D
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
ppl flip flop on their opinions all the time, im not surprised

at least a few ppl here at the dungeon are consistent with their tastes (u know who u are)

Damn straight you know who you are.

*high five to Flame & DarkPrinceAlucard* word up

i am enjoying the game (so far) because its exactly what i expected it to be

You better not leave me out either Crisis!  >:(  I just came from school and I'm going to test play then do my homework and study

Also I tend to play on higher difficulties and if I beat dark souls how hard can this be heck I also beat Los(knight mode is hard and paladin is very hard iirc been awhile since I played it) and mof on hard mode with 100%(really not that hard to complete it sadly)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
I'm 3 hours into this game and I must say that I just HATE that shimmying is still the main focus here rather than actual platforming.

I mean good lord, didn't MS learn from all the fans complaints about them and how they wanted REAL platforming to return?

That being said there have been some bits of regular platforming, but in very small douses while shimmying has been dumped on us by the gallons. :-\

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
OK, so I go to Gamestop, and there is one guy at the counter. I wait 20 minutes for the customers at the counter to purchase the game. When I finally get to the counter, I find out that the game is already sold out!

You know Gamestop, there is such a thing as better service...

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Gamestop sucks dankey kang's balls. I had to remind the person at the counter that since I actually pre-ordered the game I get the bonus double sided poster. Nifty gift! Loving the game so far, exactly what I expected and wanted!

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Having a lot of fun with the game right now, I really don't want to put it down. Loving the interconnected world and the skill tree/weapon upgrade system in particular.

Gorgon is definitely this game's wake-up boss, if you're playing on hard anyways. I got my ass kicked pretty badly. Looking back, I probably should have remembered to use some of my relics.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So far, it's nothing special. The modern bits are so dull and boring... everything inside the castle was better so far.

Mastery system is useless so far, as you still stick to use the same combos you used in the first game. I can see me grinding because of it's presence later... ugh...