Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2379319 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm 3 hours into this game and I must say that I just HATE that shimmying is still the main focus here rather than actual platforming.

I mean good lord, didn't MS learn from all the fans complaints about them and how they wanted REAL platforming to return?

That being said there have been some bits of regular platforming, but in very small douses while shimmying has been dumped on us by the gallons. :-\

My best guess would be that its a way to make each room last longer, making the game longer, without having to spend extra making more rooms and backgrounds.

In that regard it makes sense, but it still sucks.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Yay, got the Dragon form...

It sucks.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
And Satan finally falls...

No, it's not LoS2's Satan -- I'm still stuck on my 110% playthrough of the original. The DLC will probably take a few more hours, which I might or might not have. At this point, I'm tired of waiting; I'll be grabbing LoS2 tomorrow, trial or no trial.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Anyone know if there are any video playthroughs going on right now using the Dark Dracula skin? I got the armored one and it looks way better than I expected, but I'm wondering what the the other looks like in motion.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Just beat the Gorgon

Right now I'd give the City parts a 7/10 and the castle parts a 8/10.

So if the darn story would just pick up the pace, which I'm sure it will, easy 9/10 in my book.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So if the darn story would just pick up the pace, which I'm sure it will, easy 9/10 in my book.
I'm very interested in what you'll think of the plot of this game when you're finished.

Offline KyleVoakes

• Hunter in Training
  • Suffering Like G Did?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Marathoned LoS2 to the End Today. My Thoughts. (Yes. Spoilers.)
« Reply #7371 on: February 25, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:23:25 AM by Nagumo »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I'm very interested in what you'll think of the plot of this game when you're finished.

Just tell me one thing:

Does the game ever let go of my hand? I'm assuming it does...but there's that nagging worry in the back of my skull.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:19:51 PM by e105beta »

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7373 on: February 26, 2014, 12:16:08 AM »
So since the sequel to lords of shadow just dropped yesterday, I was wondering if anyone picked a copy up and if it's any good. I had heard mixed reviews.  Some say it's pretty good while others say it's awful. I personally loved lords of shadow and mirror of fate so I'm hoping it's as promising.
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
My copy and my guide just arrived at my local shop. Gonna grab them after work (less than 4 hours). :)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Merged a few topics. Keep all the LoS2 discussion in this thread, guys.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Just tell me one thing:

Does the game ever let go of my hand? I'm assuming it does...but there's that nagging worry in the back of my skull.
5 hours in and it still treats me like a kid.

Offline REmaster

• EU SUNT DRACUL!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
5 hours in and it still treats me like a kid.

Yea, it's getting pretty old. I don't mind a hint about something new, but it keeps reminding me of shit I learned 8 hours ago lol. I'm just gonna turn the hints off completely.

As far as the game itself, I absolutely love the castle parts. The City is kind of meh for me so far. I feel like the
(click to show/hide)
and stealth sections with enemies that look like they belong in Quake or Unreal tournament are a little much, though I do like the nod to the Coppola film when he turns into rats. I saw an interview with Cox the other day where he said it was his favorite vampire film, so it doesn't surprise me.

It's pretty apparent that Mercury steam went with a "Arkham City" approach with this game.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:13:37 AM by REmaster »
Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7378 on: February 26, 2014, 07:27:52 AM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned or noticed before but theres a statue in Zobeks mansion that looks exactly like the mural at the entrance to the inverted castle in SOTN.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Marathoned LoS2 to the End Today. My Thoughts. (Yes. Spoilers.)
« Reply #7379 on: February 26, 2014, 07:30:49 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Sadly, for the info we got, Konami botched the ending. The original one was certainly more on line with the LoS1 type of ending we expected.

Everything comes full circle

anything