Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2398676 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Re: Marathoned LoS2 to the End Today. My Thoughts. (Yes. Spoilers.)
« Reply #7380 on: February 26, 2014, 07:46:13 AM »
Sadly, for the info we got, Konami botched the ending. The original one was certainly more on line with the LoS1 type of ending we expected.

Even if the ending is as lacking in closure as everyone is saying, the original one doesn't seem any better. IMO, it's worse.

(click to show/hide)

My 2 cents

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7381 on: February 26, 2014, 07:53:23 AM »
Even if the ending is as lacking in closure as everyone is saying, the original one doesn't seem any better. IMO, it's worse.

(click to show/hide)

My 2 cents
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7382 on: February 26, 2014, 07:59:28 AM »
Maybe if people complained enough, Konami will change the ending via patch like ME3. :P

(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #7383 on: February 26, 2014, 08:02:43 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

This just better not be a Konami decision to make more sequels. I would love to see another LoS game, but NOT AFTER 2. 2 IS THE END.

Just stick one somewhere in the 800 years of Dracula sleep to show what the Belmonts did for so long.

EDIT: Oh my god, I just thought of something...

That statue in Zobek's room looks like the teleport statue in SotN. What if that's a sign that there's a secret ending?

I can dream, can't I? I mean, Mirror of Fate had an unlockable final cutscene...no, kill the hype, kill the hype...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:15:43 AM by e105beta »

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I could guess that another DLC could be made, Victor, Alucard and ending DLC. I don't care. I want a real ending.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
the hand holding is pretty minimal IMO, i turned hints off, and there were points where I actually got lost or confused and had no idea what to do.

by the way, the castle segments give me a HEAVY LoI vibe for some reason.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline ryatwo

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Anyone know if there are any video playthroughs going on right now using the Dark Dracula skin? I got the armored one and it looks way better than I expected, but I'm wondering what the the other looks like in motion.

So the Dark Dracula skin is actually pretty cool. Its normal Dracula, except its a color palette swap, his hair is white and overall costume is swapped out with black.

I don't know if my version of the Armored Dracula is bugged or not, but it looks kinda underwhelming to be honest. All it has is armored boots, and weird straps that go around the back of Dracula's coat and overall the color scheme is exactly the same as well (kinda the look you get when wearing overalls). Can someone tell me how the Armored Dracula really looks, or is mine not bugged somehow?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:45:55 AM by ryatwo »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Why are there Terran Marines from Starcraft in this game?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Why are there Terran Marines from Starcraft in this game?

Starcraft II: Legacy of Dracula

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I could guess that another DLC could be made, Victor, Alucard and ending DLC. I don't care. I want a real ending.

This is Konami right now after reading your comment: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/magnum.gif

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Does someone know if it is possible to make the PC commands appear instead of the XBox ones? It's really annoying.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
So the agreus stealth segment... it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

That said, it IS terribly unclear and slightly confusing. but not nearly as game breaking as some people make it out to be. the atmosphere, area design and music totally make up for it.

EDIT: Okay, here's some reasons WHY the agreus thing feels more bullshit than it really should.

1. aiming daggers is not friendly.

2. sometimes he doesn't hear the bells, which ends with him running right into you despite it going off.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:26:17 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So in the Agreus section, if you hit that owl holding the Mirror of Fate with a chaos bomb...
(click to show/hide)

10/10 Mercury Steam

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
So in the Agreus section, if you hit that owl holding the Mirror of Fate with a chaos bomb...
(click to show/hide)

10/10 Mercury Steam

That's GOTY for me
not