Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378374 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
the detail & atmosphere is utterly amazing. i just slowly walk around & try to take everything in, as opposed to running thru the corridors. throw on some ambience music from symphony's soundtrack, and its just orgasmic

Someone should do a mod of the PC version and throw in some Yamane composed music.

(click to show/hide)

Maybe our speculations got spot on for Victor that they decided to
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Someone should do a mod of the PC version and throw in some Yamane composed music.

The ost for Lament of Innocence works surprisingly well in the castle area's.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
The ost for Lament of Innocence works surprisingly well in the castle area's.

Hey, is any way to do a similar stuff like that in the Xbox 360? Like put external music in the game, in sustitution of the in-game music?

EDIT: Maybe is a noob and absurb question, but I would like to know, please :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:06:03 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
only thing though is that even if one were to replace the music, you would basically have to, from scratch program triggers for the music, since the game has ambient tracks, and no area specific music. (though interestingly turning into a rat has it's own music)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Ok, I just have to say, that after seeing all the walkthrough via Youtube of LoS 2, my only words are: I WANT THAT GAME ! ! ! I want to play it for myself. I don´t care if I have seen all the story, I just want to fight that bosses. Now, my favorite one is, undoubtedly Death. Is the best Death fight in a 3D Castlevania game. The fights in LoI and CoD are cool too, but Death is not very free to move, like here in LoS 2. That scyte is amazing :o. The only thing that is missing are the little scytes. Well, I didn´t see in the Youtube walkthrough. Ashasverus said that they are there. Well, only when I play the game for myself, I will find if is true. Also,
(click to show/hide)

PS I know that, since my first post, I´ve been a little insulting in all related to the LoS saga. I acepted. But, some time ago I learn to see that games like they pretend to be in the beginning: a separate Castlevania history. And, in the end, that will be for me, a different story, the Dracula story. Really good game :D...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
anyone else feel that
(click to show/hide)

speaking of which,

(click to show/hide)

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Just beat the game. I thought it was about to get truly epic righht before the Zobek battle..but that final battle and ending were fucking lame. LAME!
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
^I thought that was the best fight in the game. or any game since MGRising.
anyone else feel that
(click to show/hide)

speaking of which,

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
The castle wasn't just in his head. He took Satan's 2nd acolyte with him before fighting him.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The castle wasn't just in his head. He took Satan's 2nd acolyte with him before fighting him.
Bingo.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Eärendil

• ♪♫ Bucketbot ♪♫
  • Hunter in Training
  • Aiya Eärendil elenion ancalima!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I've been busy as hell @ work and haven't been able to play LOS2 until tonight. I don't have any installs at work tomorrow, so I took the day off to Dracula it up. On my first play through and so far I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. I liked LOS1, but LOS2 is definitely an improvement. My first play-through of LOS1 and its DLC content was on the Xbox 360. For LOS2 I went with Steam to utilize my new gaming rig. The controls and game play feel so much more fluid than LOS1. Having camera freedom is also great. Everything is maxed out per the in-game config and the game looks gorgeous, but I do have a question for you other PC gamers...

For anyone playing with a Nvidia GPU: Have you forced any additional enhancements in the Nvidia control panel over the game's own config file? Any noticeable improvements or issues? I haven't played around with it yet. For those that have newer GPUs, are there any optimal settings over just going with the highest settings in the game's config? Thanks.
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
by far one of the most disappointing games i have ever played in my life, every bad review for this game has been spot on with the exception of the complaints about agreus.

besides the combat, everything is a major step down from los1. oscar araujo still can't handle making more than 3 new tracks per game, and even makes IGA blush with how many fucking tracks from mof and los1 he reused.

(click to show/hide)

jesus fucking christ even the graphics, with the exception of the castle areas, are worse than los1. i sure did love battling conveyer belts as the prince of darkness though!

i loved los1. loved mof. waited 3+ years for this game, didn't overly hype myself unless you consider thinking that more of the same of los1 with a story that would close everything out would be a good thing as hyping myself up.

sorry if this comes off as rambling, but i just beat it and i'm sitting here like what the fuck? is that it?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:15:35 PM by meanguyjones »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
makes IGA blush with how many fucking tracks from mof and los1 he reused.
wut, I still haven't heard any reused tracks from LoS1 or MoF, and I'm pretty far in.

jesus fucking christ even the graphics, with the exception of the castle areas, are worse than los1.

you're not baiting are you?

design =/= graphics

the graphphics are fine. it's some of the city environments which are kind of uninteresting unless they are of the kind that shove a castle spire in your face or give you a broad view of the city below and the moon.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
OK, so, I played the demo before. Wasn't too impressed as you know. I figure I'd start checking out some footage of people playing the game and see what the later sections of the game are like.

Wow.

There was some dudes in Starcraft marine robot armor suits in this evil science corporation lab warehouse place, and Dracula got one shotted by one of them. It was every bit as awful as that sounds. Dracula could do nothing but distract them with bats and hide in the corner. It did not look fun at all. This is not anywhere near Castlevania.

I have to take back the claim that I might at some point play the game. It's not going to happen. I feel sick now.

Offline REmaster

• EU SUNT DRACUL!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7424 on: February 26, 2014, 11:53:51 PM »
I could guess that another DLC could be made, Victor, Alucard and ending DLC. I don't care. I want a real ending.

lol just beat it, same here.
Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis

anything