Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378481 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
wut, I still haven't heard any reused tracks from LoS1 or MoF, and I'm pretty far in.
The battle theme from MoF, the Theatre/Carousel theme, the "LoS" theme/leitmotiv, the opening theme from LoS, the Daemon Lord battle track, etc. -- a lot of LoS/MoF tracks are actually reused.

--

Also, on my personal experience:
(click to show/hide)

I'm glad I didn't spoil myself so far, I really enjoy the game (I'm playing on LoS difficulty, with mouse/keyboard, and that's a good challenge).

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
OK, so, I played the demo before. Wasn't too impressed as you know. I figure I'd start checking out some footage of people playing the game and see what the later sections of the game are like.

Wow.

There was some dudes in Starcraft marine robot armor suits in this evil science corporation lab warehouse place, and Dracula got one shotted by one of them. It was every bit as awful as that sounds. Dracula could do nothing but distract them with bats and hide in the corner. It did not look fun at all. This is not anywhere near Castlevania.

I have to take back the claim that I might at some point play the game. It's not going to happen. I feel sick now.
There's some odd contradiction in this game. For one...
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Just a random thing but I think Victor has cool quotes

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

There was some dudes in Starcraft marine robot armor suits in this evil science corporation lab warehouse place, and Dracula got one shotted by one of them. It was every bit as awful as that sounds. Dracula could do nothing but distract them with bats and hide in the corner. It did not look fun at all. This is not anywhere near Castlevania.

I have to take back the claim that I might at some point play the game. It's not going to happen. I feel sick now.
Oh don't be such a drama queen. The segments are all VERY brief, and the early ones are actually kind of interesting. playing on the idea that Dracula is weakened it works, though having them later on is pretty inexcusable. What's MORE inexcusable isnt so much the stealth itself, but that you have no option to fight or defend yourself if you are spotted. You'd think they would have taken cues from MGS on stealth sections. while in them you can't use weapons. I have no idea if Golgoth Guards are even programmed to take damage. they DO have health bars, which deplete when you possess them, but as far as attacking them? i have no idea if it would even work, in the event someone unlocked weapons.

In total, the modern day stealth segments aren't even 5% of the game. probably even less, considering once you clear the areas, those stealth segments disappear.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Well it seemed to me like it might have to do with the leaves everywhere. like he has special power on them. I mean the failure is this weird thing where he like, sinks into the ground with you. I figure when you are above on that platform, he doesnt have that special ability.

Also, on falling, i was very upset that I cannot jump all the way down from the top of the gorgon's lair to the bottom bridge. but i suppose it's for a reason, considering it would break the game otherwise.

im kind of wishing for a mod to get rid of invisible walls
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:11:12 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Current average LoS2 metacritic score:

Harmony of Despair average metacritic score:

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Ouch.
Well at least it still isn't as low as Judgment.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

I never take pleasure at my favorite series suffering, but I did laugh darkly at that. I still have yet to play it - I was going to get it by the end of this week initially, but after the low scores I'm going to hold off until the inevitable Steam sale. : /

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

that sounds so wrong

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I never take pleasure at my favorite series suffering, but I did laugh darkly at that. I still have yet to play it - I was going to get it by the end of this week initially, but after the low scores I'm going to hold off until the inevitable Steam sale. : /

I know my opinion is bunk, but...it really isn't that bad.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

I don't see that as a contradiction, but more because...

(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i feel los2 is a fun game & im glad i bought it, however i def sympathize with those that dont wanna spend $65 for it. try n get a used copy for like $45 or something. the castle segments alone make it worth a purchase imo. like i said i knew what i was in for months ago, i knew how mercurysteam was approaching this game so my expectations were in check, and im not disappointed with false promises or whatever. expectation is the root of all heartache

if ur waiting for it to drop to like $2 on steam then i dunno what to tell you
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:54:50 AM by crisis »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Aside from my initial expression of dissappointment over the ending, overall the game was very good. The stealth was the weakest component, but the combat was fantastic. Storywise, everything made sense, though I really believe it's necessary to play the first 2 games to fully appreciate it.
I'll definitely play it again starting tonight on Prince of Darkness mode.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I've actually enjoyed the stealth sections. I must be insane but every time I got to throw bats, or possess rats or people I thought it was pretty fun sneaking around. No reason Dracula can't be subtle or clever from time to time.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Got it today, the tomb is crap, don't buy it, even as a hardcore Castlevania fan, is not worth it.

Got it on PS3, so far the game is super fun and the stealth sections are not that bad, combat system is great too. My only complain is how the game looks, there is something weird going on with the resolution, sometimes is fine and sometimes the resolution goes down like crazy.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I've actually enjoyed the stealth sections. I must be insane but every time I got to throw bats, or possess rats or people I thought it was pretty fun sneaking around. No reason Dracula can't be subtle or clever from time to time.
most of the people criticizing turning into rats and sneaking around like that have probably never read the book, or know anything about traditional vampire/Dracula lore. Mainly the fact that bats aren't the only thing he can turn into. traditionally, it's bats, mist, rats, and a large dog.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything