Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378230 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7471 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »
Here it is in full. due to popular demand (and Crisis yelling at me)

Part 1

(click to show/hide)

Part 2
(click to show/hide)

Part 3
(click to show/hide)

Finale
(click to show/hide)
Where did you get this from?

I had a little difficulty reading this, but it sounds like Alvarez is a huge cock bag and everyone at MS feels the LoS series is awful. The only one who is proud of it is Alvarez because he's got an ego the size of Jupiter because of the financial success behind LoS1, and Konami apparently being very content with that.
(click to show/hide)
I never believed it for a second. Konami doesn't like to invest money in anything Kojima doesn't have some kind of hand in, even if it's just a suggestion.

I'm surprised they haven't renamed the company "Kojima" at this point.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:30:36 AM by OSM »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Again, Rugal must be feeling so vindicated by now

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I don't understand what the big deal is from that. That could be any game development company. Lay offs after projects are especially common. Just sounds like typical office bureaucracy.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
To be fair, IMO, there is nothing wrong with the Agreus section. It took me like 5 minutes.
Calling everyone who had problems with it (read: almost everyone) for not using its brain is gross.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i can only imagine how the internal discussions at Capcom HQ must be like

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
i can only imagine how the internal discussions at Capcom HQ must be like
Your stereotypical fears of shady business practices and purposely pissing on the fans fully realized. Capcom is hands down the absolute worst of the bunch.

This post is probably sugarcoated with hyperbole, I apologize, I have some serious grudges against Capcom and how they do business and treat their IPs.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:34:35 AM by OSM »

Offline LordsofepicShadow420

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Its doing very well in user reviews on metacritic.
This is true, i saw the iga conspirators reviews falsely slamming the game and I made sure to rate it 10/10 and point out the bs of criticizing the steath (think it wen over people's heads) and rat things without aknowledging the fact that it is Traditional Vampire Lore from Bram Stroker's Dracula (but I doubt these people have read such a tome).

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
(click to show/hide)

I'm not. It was obvious from the start it was just a marketing gimmick.

Calling everyone who had problems with it (read: almost everyone) for not using its brain is gross.

Yeah, it's uncalled for. But then again, what do you say to the guy who was stuck on it for 4 hours because he forgot his powers?

Where did you get this from?

I had a little difficulty reading this, but it sounds like Alvarez is a huge cock bag and everyone at MS feels the LoS series is awful. The only one who is proud of it is Alvarez because he's got an ego the size of Jupiter because of the financial success behind LoS1, and Konami apparently being very content with that.I never believed it for a second. Konami doesn't like to invest money in anything Kojima doesn't have some kind of hand in, even if it's just a suggestion.

I'm surprised they haven't renamed the company "Kojima" at this point.

Kind of lame that MercurySteam thinks that LoS sucks, because I sure like it.

BETTER HOPE THAT COX ISN'T BRINGING MERCURYSTEAM ONTO HIS CONTRA PROJECT, BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE ALL THE TALENT IS LEAVING.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Guest numbers skyrocketed.

KingShango disturbed the hornet's nest.
BETTER HOPE THAT COX ISN'T BRINGING MERCURYSTEAM ONTO HIS CONTRA PROJECT, BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE ALL THE TALENT IS LEAVING.
Oh dear.

I would just can the idea altogether or use whatever they have now and make it a new IP.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7480 on: February 27, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
*See's my name on Gaf*

I made it ;D

Wait, Konami doesn't have ninja's do they? ???

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i dont mind Dracula turning into several rats for a few segments, but i wish they also gave him the ability to transform into a giant vicious wolf so we can at least maul those cyber-guards to death as opposed to crawling past their feet

@all the guests

hiiiiiii

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7482 on: February 27, 2014, 10:42:17 AM »
*See's my name on Gaf*

I made it ;D

Wait, Konami doesn't have ninja's do they? ???

A couple cybernetic ones, yeah.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
This post is probably sugarcoated with hyperbole, I apologize, I have some serious grudges against Capcom and how they do business and treat their IPs.

its a love/hate relationship with Capcom. cuz despite all their stupid decisions, they are still responsible for hundreds of iconic characters & series that we literally grew up with. if Capcom ever goes bankrupt, it will no doubt be devastating cuz they were such an awesome company and to see them reduced to this is just a terrible shame

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7484 on: February 27, 2014, 10:47:01 AM »
A couple cybernetic ones, yeah.

Well shit, Im going off the grid before the goons come through the door, blasting me and taking my grog, See y'all later.