Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2379291 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yeah, it's uncalled for. But then again, what do you say to the guy who was stuck on it for 4 hours because he forgot his powers?
That wasn't against him. it was against me. I didn't need 4 hours.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
its a love/hate relationship with Capcom. cuz despite all their stupid decisions, they are still responsible for hundreds of iconic characters & series that we literally grew up with. if Capcom ever goes bankrupt, it will no doubt be devastating cuz they were such an awesome company and to see them reduced to this is just a terrible shame

If that ever happened all of those IPs would go up for auction and someone would buy them. Hopefully Keiji Inafune's company could afford to purchase the Mega Man series.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
so guys i forget to show u all what i got with my copy of los2

Devil Mask coming soon!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
That wasn't against him. it was against me. I didn't need 4 hours.

What you say to him?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
And it's finally time for me to take LoS2 for a spin, with the complete LoS mileage under my belt. Not too shabby at all.

Although I wish the PC version didn't come with console prompts. It took me fifteen minutes to figure out that the right analog stick was controlled by the mouse.  :-\
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Devil Mask coming soon!

Crisis, what edition is that? Preorder bonus?
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

(click to show/hide)

Devil Mask coming soon!
why exactly is LoS2 coming with LoS1 materials?

----

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: I read a bit of that rant by that anonymous MS employee.

It's so sad. Though it DOES make A LOT of things much clearer. Suddenly Mirror of Fate being so strange and unpolished makes perfect sense. As well as the sudden change in art style for it, instead of the same one used in LoS. and the very strange hybrid of 2D and hack n slash.

willing to bet that was the MS team at their worst... and if it's true that MoF was developed by MS' "B" team, then it would make sense that they wouldn't be able to work well under the pressure, whereas the loS2 team was able to scrape by somehow.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:51:45 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yeah I concur. I liked this Alucard, very ballsy.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
why exactly is LoS2 coming with LoS1 materials?

----

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: I read a bit of that rant by that anonymous MS employee.

It's so sad. Though it DOES make A LOT of things much clearer. Suddenly Mirror of Fate being so strange and unpolished makes perfect sense. As well as the sudden change in art style for it, instead of the same one used in LoS. and the very strange hybrid of 2D and hack n slash.

willing to bet that was the MS team at their worst... and if it's true that MoF was developed by MS' "B" team, then it would make sense that they wouldn't be able to work well under the pressure, whereas the loS2 team was able to scrape by somehow.

I thought the stated Lords of Shadow Timeline was as follows.

1046 - Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Gabriel Belmont)
1047 - Lords of Shadow
1073 - Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Trevor Belmont)
1101 - Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Simon Belmont and Alucard)
1102-2014 - Lords of Shadow 2

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I thought the stated Lords of Shadow Timeline was as follows.

1046 - Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Gabriel Belmont)
1047 - Lords of Shadow
1073 - Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Trevor Belmont)
1101 - Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Simon Belmont and Alucard)
1102-2014 - Lords of Shadow 2
I don't know actually. now that i think about it, i may have misunderstood Alucard.

that said, there's still all of between the tutorial and LoS2 proper for an alucard game. :P

I just think it'd be a wasted opportunity not to do something more with Alucard besides just DLC and his MoF appearance. Mainly due to his sword skillz in LoS2 as opposed to his copypaste Trevor moveset from MoF.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:01:42 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Lord-Audie on GAF translated part of the MS employee's post:

Greetings, given the situation, I would like to shed some light about the development of this game. I work for mercury steam and i would like to share my story anonymously about the things people don't know, the frustrations and information about the day to day of working there. This is dedicated to those that have put sweat and tears (he used an idiom that basically means the same) in the development of this game, specifically those that worked until the disaster that is lords of shadows 2.

- Kojima had nothing to do with the development of the first game, he put his stamp, came to the studio, signed a few things and that's it... no one should think otherwise. He had less to do on the sequel.

- The majority of the people that worked on this game believes that this game is pure shit (he add some things about shit on shoe soles). No one should be surprised about reviews.

- Enric Alvares is the one to blame for this. Without a doubt he is responsable of messing up the development of this game based on his judgment that overrode the opinions of programmers, designers and the people in charge of art.

- In spite of the good appearance he gives to the press, this "visionary" has more in common with David cage and Molyneaux. All style and no substance. This guy is serious trouble.

- This guy is all over himself (I presume that's what he means with "Mezquina y Altiva". Since the "success of lords of shadow 1" his ego has grown over the edge to the point that he doesn't even greet you when you pass him by on the studio. He doesn't believe on his staff.

jett translated some other relevant bits:
-The entire team is aware that the game we made is a complete piece of shit, we wish it was fit to lick the boots of the original game.

-Enric Alvarez is to be blamed. Without a doubt he's the one who screwed up the development of this game, basing everything on his own personal criteria, ignoring programmers, desingers and artists.

- There's no corporate culture, just a handful of people working in the blind and at the mercy of the whims of an alleged visionary.

- Absolutely all design decisions are approved, appropriated and cut by Enric Alvarez.

- Future expectations are pretty much null. The publisher, Konami, isn't happy at all with the mediocre game we've made.

A lot of people in the staff think LoS2 is garbage, and Konami isn't happy about it either?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
As unfortunate as this insider story fiasco is, I'm still loving the game, and I still want my DLC. You better give me my DLC Konami.

Gib me dlcies plox.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
As unfortunate as this insider story fiasco is, I'm still loving the game, and I still want my DLC. You better give me my DLC Konami.

Gib me dlcies plox.
yeah, all things considered, despite a rocky development, it came out alright. I mean, with the horror story that is that dev story, it could have been MUCH worse.

Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Sad to say, but that post about MS is fairly common stuff for game developers.  The bigger the success, the bigger the egos get, coupled with the pressure of AAA game finances.  "Must be able to work with 'strong personalities'" is literally a requirement in the job applications for some of these places.

Be thankful they handed the property off to someone else to make the next game, because it might go a newer passionate and fresh studio in the way MS probably was before.

Still I am surprised that they refer to the game as 'everyone knew it was shit', is it really that bad?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Gib me dlcies plox.
I wonder how much of the staff is left to work on the DLC. I wouldn't be getting too excited about it now if Mercury Steam is in such shitty shape now.

Now I understand why there's a possibility Konami might be handling LoS3 internally.

anything