Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2379104 times)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well they weren't happy with his original ending at any rate. Which I'd have to agree with, it was super depressing and awfully dark.

I don't think the game is mediocre, the actual combat is much better than the first game but then again who knows, it could have been even better than what it is now, and is only at its current state because dude wouldn't listen to his staff.

Mechanically they still made a good game, but not knowing where the team could have/would have taken the setting, story, and ending, I'm sure being in the know of what might have been but wasn't would piss them off quite a bit if they had something better in mind but one mans ego vetoed the concepts.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Now I'm curious about the things we never got to see because of Enric. Perhaps lost concept art will surface over the years.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Quote from: MKKhanzo
Crisis, what edition is that? Preorder bonus?

it is just the lords of shadow press release kit, given only to members of the press. now its mine

Quote from: Flame
why exactly is LoS2 coming with LoS1 materials?

so do u think model A is just an homage to Axl

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder how much of the staff is left to work on the DLC. I wouldn't be getting too excited about it now if Mercury Steam is in such shitty shape now.

Now I understand why there's a possibility Konami might be handling LoS3 internally.

Lords of Shadow 3 featuring Swords and Alucard, and made for Konami by Platinum. Pre-Order now for your Raiden DLC Skin.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Lords of Shadow 3 featuring Swords and Alucard, and made for Konami by Platinum. Pre-Order now for your Raiden DLC Skin.
I can already see an Alucard skin happening in a Rising 2, if they do make it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I wonder how much of the staff is left to work on the DLC. I wouldn't be getting too excited about it now if Mercury Steam is in such shitty shape now.

Now I understand why there's a possibility Konami might be handling LoS3 internally.

I know, but...it's just not over yet!

I mean, Victor needs to be more fleshed out, and Alucard deserves some actual playtime.

And deep, deep down inside, I'm still hoping for a secret ending. At least until I get it disproven. I don't mind the positive nature of the ending like some people, but the last thing I want is a damn cliffhanger ending, especially if MS is going to shit.

I. Need. Closure. Dammit.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well

(click to show/hide)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
- Future expectations are pretty much null. The publisher, Konami, isn't happy at all with the mediocre game we've made.

Now I really wonder if this has any connection with IGA being trotted out again at GDC 2014.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
- Future expectations are pretty much null. The publisher, Konami, isn't happy at all with the mediocre game we've made.

Pfft, just a bunch of IGA conspirists. I bet he bought out all the suits. Let's go add more 10/10 reviews on Metacritic to spread the gospel truth.     

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Now I really wonder if this has any connection with IGA being trotted out again at GDC 2014.

IGA is said to be coming back at GDC?  When is that again?

Anywho...well that developer's whistle blowing probably explains a lot of the story and general direction of the game.  I said in another thread I felt LoS being a Castlevania game was second place...maybe I was right.

But overall, I'll say this:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Pfft, just a bunch of IGA conspirists. I bet he bought out all the suits. Let's go add more 10/10 reviews on Metacritic to spread the gospel truth.   
It's really weird IGA just suddenly appears again after, what, 4 years?

Leak guy did say something about the next game being directed toward the Japanese crowd, I can't remember the exact quote but it was along those lines.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Leak guy did say something about the next game being directed toward the Japanese crowd, I can't remember the exact quote but it was along those lines.

I welcome the return of IGA as long as he puts a little effort into mixing it up a bit. Just SOMETHING new.

If I see that damn skeleton sprite one more time...

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

It is a very conveniently odd that he just show up like this.  He could have done this years ago.

Should he make a comeback,  I want my 1999 game FINALLY.  Maybe in the style of CV III.  Or maybe that and a remake of CV III.  And new sprites if it's 2D damn it!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Another day and I could play 2 hours. Here's my review of where I am currently.

(click to show/hide)