Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2398660 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Didn't think I'd lose this much respect for a guy this fast. Hell Cox is looking like a saint compared to him.
Cox isn't a bad guy (I think), he just says more than he should and has an issue with lieing. A lot.

Or, perhaps, to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe some of the things he's said and promised were in the works but were shot down by Enric early on? Now I feel like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm gonna stop myself there.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:19:25 PM by OSM »

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Didn't think I'd lose this much respect for a guy this fast. Hell Cox is looking like a saint compared to him.

Are you serious?, he is retweeting positive reviews, that's all, he never said that he blame the fans. And about the employee stuff, I don't know if is true or false but is sad that some random guy said something like that with not proof and people believe like it is fact, I guess this is perfect for those who hate LoS.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
And so, according to our friend Enric Alvarez (and a CVG review):

https://twitter.com/Enric_Alvarez/status/439019647933759488

Of course. It's all our fault.

That review is highly critical and isn't exactly excusing MS for its divergence from the first game.

If you walked away from that review thinking "it's the fans' fault" I have to question whether you actually read anything other than the headline or the last paragraph.

Also, Did someone here just consider the idea that THIS review was bought out? This one? Really?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
WOW, that ending.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:31:37 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I'm not having fun anymore... I'm just going automatically on my "complete everything 100%" mode now.

Reggreting this a lot... I should have waited.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well, he IS the villain of the series for a reason. Besides, if it's gameplay-wise, mostly everything THIS Dracula can do, so can Alucard(original canon and LoS).

Besides, I love my Dracula to be evil. Maybe turn up the notch and have him extra sadistic in whatever new CV story/reboot they go with next. I want one where he's abducting villages and having them impaled in his courtyard or skinning them alive in his dungeon.

(click to show/hide)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Did Kurt or Jorge sign off on their thoughts about the game yet?

I'm not having fun anymore... I'm just going automatically on my "complete everything 100%" mode now.

Reggreting this a lot... I should have waited.

Sorry to hear this. I've been there before with games. The first time I recall feeling it with a Castlevania game was Curse of Darkness I believe (though it did introduce a fully functional 3D camera). I was afraid I'd get the same feeling with LoS2, so I just had to hold my ground after caving in on LoS1. What would you say is the biggest problem: Level design, combat, or the Lords of Shadows universe story?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
What DOES Jorge think?

WE SUMMON THEE, OH MIGHTY ADMINISTRATOR OF DARKNESS!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
There's NOTHING wrong for you on this game.

It's like every game is perfect for some people... good god,just admit that some games have problems. There's nothing wrong in stating negative things about a game, it won't make the game worse for you anyway. But saying that that POS design is good actually makes me pissed off!

Alright, let me give it a shot...

FUCK, THIS TOOK ME FIVE WHOLE FUCKING MINUTES! COME ON MERCURYSTEAM, GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM!

Seriously, your anger is amusing. What's my opinion to you? I honestly have no problem with the Agreus part. Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Cox isn't a bad guy (I think), he just says more than he should and has an issue with lieing. A lot.

Or, perhaps, to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe some of the things he's said and promised were in the works but were shot down by Enric early on? Now I feel like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm gonna stop myself there.

That's...exactly the thought I had early today.

It's all part of the twist: While Enric presented the whole nice guy face, and Cox took the heat for being the big bad producer, it turns out Cox only had the fans in mind while Enric was off playing MS Dictator.

He will die a martyr. He also confirmed that there IS a 100% reward. No idea what it is, but damn now I'm going to be hunting like crazy for artwork.

EDIT: AND THEN HE TWEETED "Oops gotta watch them spoilers!" GOD DAMMIT DAVE! GET YOUR CLAWS OUT OF MY EMOTIONS!

WOW, that ending.

(click to show/hide)

Let's hope it's DLC bait. I need some damn closure.

(click to show/hide)

I don't know how I feel right now. 6/10 at it's worst, 9/10 at it's best, averaging out to about a 8/10? I dunno.

I'm just really frustrated by that ending. MoF still holds the award for being my favorite Castlevania of all time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:44:46 PM by e105beta »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

That's...exactly the thought I had early today.

It's all part of the twist: While Enric presented the whole nice guy face, and Cox took the heat for being the big bad producer, it turns out Cox only had the fans in mind while Enric was off playing MS Dictator.
it is very possible. VERY possible, and i would believe it.

He will die a martyr. He also confirmed that there IS a 100% reward. No idea what it is, but damn now I'm going to be hunting like crazy for artwork.

EDIT: AND THEN HE TWEETED "Oops gotta watch them spoilers!" GOD DAMMIT DAVE! GET YOUR CLAWS OUT OF MY EMOTIONS!
Welp, time to go item hunting I guess. I only have 1 upgrade left to find for health, and 2 each for chaos and void... other than that, artwork time i guess. Time to star smashing things everywhere. I swear to IGA if they pulled a SoTN fake ending, I might just strangle someone. Then again, probably shouldnt get my hopes up. probably an unlockable or something.

speaking of smashing- barrels only take one hit!

Let's hope it's DLC bait. I need some damn closure.
i just need my alucard fix

(click to show/hide)

I don't know how I feel right now. 6/10 at it's worst, 9/10 at it's best, averaging out to about a 8/10? I dunno.

I'm just really frustrated by that ending. MoF still holds the award for being my favorite Castlevania of all time.
[/quote]
I'd say 6.5/10 is about right. 7/10 depending on the time of day and my mood at the moment. Also I liked the Second Acolyte battle. it was too easy, but it was cool and fun.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
i just need my alucard fix

My fiancee spent the whole game asking me "Is Alucard on yet? Has Alucard shown up yet?"
(click to show/hide)

I'd say 6.5/10 is about right. 7/10 depending on the time of day and my mood at the moment. Also I liked the Second Acolyte battle. it was too easy, but it was cool and fun.

6.5 is just too low for me. I just can't rate this game lower than Final Fantasy XIII.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder, what counts as 100%? Do achievements count? Do Kleidos challenges count? or just collectibles like in MoF?

I wonder because there's an achievement for completing 110% of the game. wheres that 10% come from?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder, what counts as 100%? Do achievements count? Do Kleidos challenges count? or just collectibles like in MoF?

I wonder because there's an achievement for completing 110% of the game. wheres that 10% come from?

Ideally 100% would unlock something, then 110% would be after completing the unlocked content.

I've got time. I'm just going to do everything, see what happens. If this turns out to be some secret boss leading to a real ending, I will be floored. I'm expecting a skin.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
They set the bar pretty high in MoF as far as 100% content goes. Just a skin unlockable would be the worst.

EDIT: question, where does the Konami code go? what part of the menu?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:46:33 PM by Flame »