Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2379027 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And so, according to our friend Enric Alvarez (and a CVG review):

https://twitter.com/Enric_Alvarez/status/439019647933759488

Of course. It's all our fault.

That review is kind of funny, because it doesn't actually link "fan pressure" with what they saw wrong with the game (namely, the automatic platforming, stealth sections, and modernity???).

Most of the reviews paint a similar picture - that it's at turns a great game, though one that assumes the player has some severe ADD that will dissuade them from doing any one action (combat, platforming, puzzle) for more than five minutes before writing it off as boring.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
(click to show/hide)
There's a difference between
(click to show/hide)

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Dracula gives out an audible chuckle before attacking the kid. Might be more noticeable with earphones or a headset, but it's unmistakable.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Dracula gives out an audible chuckle before attacking the kid. Might be more noticeable with earphones or a headset, but it's unmistakable.
He does.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:55:06 AM by thernz »

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
What a crock of shit. Why is everyone suddenly acting like LoS1 was a masterpiece?

To be fair, CVG awarded the original Lords of Shadow a 9.4/10 and highly praised it, saying 'this 24 year-old franchise centred squarely on the undead, has just been given an incredible new lease of life'

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/268667/reviews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-review/

The first game did rather well in UK press: GamesMaster 94, Xbox World 360 Magazine 92, OXM 90, IGN UK 85, GamesTM 8, Edge 8

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I think that the extra 10% comes from getting all 4 conditions on each Kleidos Challenge. The 4th condition always being that you get conditions 1, 2, and 3, in the same attempt.

Or I'm hoping that's the case because those optional conditions seem like they're going to be a huge pain in the ass, especially on Prince of Darkness. Whatever we get for 100% is definitely more than a Trophy or an Achievement because the game doesn't have one for getting just 100%. You get "The Outer Limits" for getting 110%.

I would love for it to be Draculas staple cape fireball move. I was really hoping that'd be one of the Chaos Claw attacks, but it was not.

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Cox isn't a bad guy (I think), he just says more than he should and has an issue with lieing. A lot.

Or, perhaps, to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe some of the things he's said and promised were in the works but were shot down by Enric early on? Now I feel like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm gonna stop myself there.

If only you knew how Cox handles some contracts with Konami Jpn...
Hint: Small letters on a contract prevented the game for being launched last year.
That's all I can say.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well if the development was as much of a mess as that leak says it was, the game being delayed was probably a good thing.

Offline jormungand

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
The game went gold last year, they delayed it for, let's say, rea$$ons.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7571 on: February 28, 2014, 07:01:03 AM »
The game was originally had a November release last I heard.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The game went gold last year, they delayed it for, let's say, rea$$ons.

Ah that's different then.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I think that the extra 10% comes from getting all 4 conditions on each Kleidos Challenge. The 4th condition always being that you get conditions 1, 2, and 3, in the same attempt.

Or I'm hoping that's the case because those optional conditions seem like they're going to be a huge pain in the ass, especially on Prince of Darkness. Whatever we get for 100% is definitely more than a Trophy or an Achievement because the game doesn't have one for getting just 100%. You get "The Outer Limits" for getting 110%.

I would love for it to be Draculas staple cape fireball move. I was really hoping that'd be one of the Chaos Claw attacks, but it was not.

Does Prince of Darkness give you any completion rate?

Because I'm trying to think of the best way to go about this. Can I collect everything on my first playthough, then New Game+ and just beat the game? Do the Kleidos challenges carry over?

UGH, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THIS BONUS IS! Here's hoping 100% unlocks some new gameplay segment and then 110% comes from completing that gameplay segment.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
From what I've read, New Game+ carries over your health, void, and chaos meters, and gives you all of your experience and mastery back so you can buy all of your old skills again, or if you beat the game without all of them bought, buy different ones first this time around.

There is a separate trophy/achievement for completing all of the Kleidos on Prince of Darkness mode specifically. So either they don't carry over, OR the Kleidos Challenges are unique to that difficulty with different enemy sets and optional conditions.

Either way I'm sure beating the game on Prince of Darkness counts in and of itself.