Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2404167 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4755 on: December 24, 2013, 08:11:07 AM »
Zobech in his "Lord of the Dead" form looks like Darth Nihilus

But I don't think the battle against him will be anything like any other previous Death battles from classic CV. I don't expect to see floating sickles or anything. They're going to try something "new" and "different."

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Darth Nihilus... his origin is so cool in Malachor V.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
All I can say is that crisis loves topic titles.  ;D

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well I guess one Phase of the battle will remind a Death battle, I guess they will do that.
However one Thing was interesting. I don't know if anyone of you has a screenshot of the bestiary entry for the "Lord of the Dead". It showed Zobek's pure form but it somehow looked different than his appearance in the game. For example you could see corpses or souls in his carcass/ ripcage. Maybe we're going to see that. Imagine him Floating in the air with this ripcage and a skythe. That would look sick. :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4759 on: December 24, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
Well i think that is just the artist being creative with the design. For instance, Gabriel's artwork depicts him having long curly hair. His in-game model however has shorter, straight hair. And I believe Satan's artwork shows him having feathers and wings, but in-game model just has him having shadow-like "wings" instead.

But I agree, Zobech with skythe and cloak would look sick. :D

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I don't know why I agree with the idea of Death looking like Darth Nihilus.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Some nice new info in here.

I used google translate.

Store to buy items, flying creature to explore but this could be a bad translation.

http://www.insidegamer.nl/artikel/108831/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-om-je-in-vast-te-bijten

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4762 on: December 24, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »
A castle shop? That's the first I've heard of it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
pleeeease remix this song for the Shop. top 5 best Castlevania tracks, you're wrong if you disagree

Let's Listen: CV Harmony Of Dissonance - Merchant's Theme (Extended)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
In article it says after freeing a "Dwarf Species" you get shop? Calling it the Chupacabra is the shopkeeper.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4765 on: December 25, 2013, 01:32:45 AM »
Interesting points from the article:

- At some point you can find an egg in the game. After it hatches, a small flying monster will search for items.
- "Some sort of dwarf" (I'm guessing the Chupacabra) will set up shop in the castle. Here you will be able to buy both regular  and unique items. At some point you can unlock here "something that will constitute a large part of the gameplay, but Cox is not allowed to talk about yet".
- The beginning of the game will take mostly in the castle, and apparently lasts quite some time.
- You can turn into a rat to avoid enemies.
- You can take over the bodies of enemies to get past modern security.
- You can freely travel between past and present using portales.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Interesting. I'm glad Cox is not spoiling the story/fun.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4767 on: December 25, 2013, 06:29:00 AM »
Zobech in his "Lord of the Dead" form looks like Darth Nihilus

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That's the Castle Shop:

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4769 on: December 25, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »
You can freely travel between past and present using portales.
Here comes the time travel rumors!

anything