Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2378357 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
most of the people criticizing turning into rats and sneaking around like that have probably never read the book, or know anything about traditional vampire/Dracula lore. Mainly the fact that bats aren't the only thing he can turn into. traditionally, it's bats, mist, rats, and a large dog.

I think it's just that they want to rape everything in sight.

I mean, I understand the frustration. After fighting
(click to show/hide)
why do I have to turn into a rat to sneak around Golgoth Guards? It feels really gamey that I can't kill them, that they're somehow the strongest beings in the universe.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Why do I have the feeling Enric and Cox will blame the fans for this game..

Everything comes full circle

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
[lots of stuff]

Its just like really screwed up and super lame fan fiction. None of that shit even looks good.

Sorry, but that killed it for me.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I think it's just that they want to rape everything in sight.

I mean, I understand the frustration. After fighting
(click to show/hide)
why do I have to turn into a rat to sneak around Golgoth Guards? It feels really gamey that I can't kill them, that they're somehow the strongest beings in the universe.

Because you want to get in and out of that facility as quietly and as unseen as possible both times you are there. Just because he could go in there and cause a big scene doesn't mean it's necessarily smart to or preferable for your current purpose.

Offline bigbossbalorg

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Its doing very well in user reviews on metacritic.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7445 on: February 27, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
I've been hearing some stuff about the development process of this game (and the other LOS games) and BOY is it a rabbit hole.

Mr. Alvarez if you're reading this, this is NOT a good look. >:(

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Why do I have the feeling Enric and Cox will blame the fans for this game..

Seems to be a trend among people who come into a franchise and start telling the fans what they have already is not cool and needs to change.

See also Ninja Theory and dmc.

The arrogance is off the charts.

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #7447 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
I've been hearing some stuff about the development process of this game (and the other LOS games) and BOY is it a rabbit hole.

don't leave people hanging, go on..

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #7448 on: February 27, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »

PM me the deets mang.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think DmC had poor writing but the combat was solid and the level design and concept of limbo pulling Dante away and distorting his surroundings was very well done. Its not really a good example to use.

A better example would be the difference between Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and the sequel Warrior Within.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
most of the people criticizing turning into rats and sneaking around like that have probably never read the book, or know anything about traditional vampire/Dracula lore. Mainly the fact that bats aren't the only thing he can turn into. traditionally, it's bats, mist, rats, and a large dog.
does the game lose lore points because dracula has magnificent blood vomit powers

i'm not sure how lore is an actual excuse when the segments are just badly designed compared to other stealth games. i'm fond of dracula's exploding rats, it's just the implementation that seems sketchy. not so much because it's difficult, but because it's too much of a restrictive puzzle. so it's not fun to actually use any of dracula's power because it never feels inventive on my part.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:52:04 AM by thernz »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
The user reviews on metacritic are worth reading because it's very humorous to see the sheer number of people who created accounts in the past couple of days just to rate the game a 10 and say variations of 'REVIEWERS ARE STUPID'.

Also don't blue-ball us, Kingshango, spill dem beans

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7452 on: February 27, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »

I think you can stop teasing us, all is said and done :P Just say it.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Because you want to get in and out of that facility as quietly and as unseen as possible both times you are there. Just because he could go in there and cause a big scene doesn't mean it's necessarily smart to or preferable for your current purpose.

How about
(click to show/hide)
Everything was going to hell in a handbasket and I was still trying to be sneaky

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7454 on: February 27, 2014, 09:53:48 AM »
don't leave people hanging, go on..
PM me the deets mang.
I think you can stop teasing us, all is said and done :P Just say it.

It's in spanish so im gonna have to translate it via Google, I'll pm it once it's ready.

anything