Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 597630 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #960 on: February 01, 2015, 08:06:09 AM »
I started Dying Light last night... Surprising good. I didnt expect it to be but its actually pretty awesome

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #961 on: February 02, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
Saw someone post this so I got the urge to go back and try to beat this game.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3QRWdullo

It's pretty good except that when you reach the 8th and final level the difficulty curve ceases to be a curve and turns into more of a brick wall. Where you have to run through the equivalent of 3 levels fighting 3 bosses (the only 3 in the game) on 3 lives. Maybe I'll just go back and read the original comic strips (which have amazing artwork) and watch the movie lol.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #962 on: February 02, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »
Just downloaded Brandish: The Dark Revenant for my PSVita last night. Never thought I'd see the day this title would be localized to NA considering it was release five years ago for the PSP in Japan. I'm hoping that Brandish 2, 3 and 4 are given the same treatment as well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #963 on: February 05, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »
I really wish it was released for Steam. Me have a Pspipple, but Steam is so convenient...;-;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #964 on: February 05, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »
I finally got a Xbox One with Kinect for my birthday and my family also got me Dying Light, Wolfenstein, and Advance Warfare. (I picked up Killer Instinct and paid for the complete season 2 version with Omen. I also picked up Exo Zombies which is always fun to play with my wife!

Need to play some Dying Light though if I can get off KI and Exo Zombies...maybe this weekend.

Pretty pleased, i used to have a original Xbox which I hacked the mess out of with XMBC and emulators and then sold it.

That's all I used it for so this is my first ever Microsoft purchase.

I was Nintendo and then Sony all the way since the PS3, but I wanted to try something different and Sony really turned me off with their whole corporate structure. They seem to never do anything for the people that supported them since the original PS and PSX and they seem to be money-sucking vampires now. (I guess it's good for high level people in the industry working for them...)

Is it me, or does the Kinect voice activation still kinda sketchy even a year later?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:20:25 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #965 on: February 23, 2015, 11:47:16 PM »
Contra III on hard is whooping my ass right now.

Bought Gargoyle's Quest for my 3DS. Can't wait to get further into it. I want some more games for my Wii-U when it comes in the mail. Mostly Capcom stuff, strangely: Gargoyle's Quest II, Demon's Crest, Mighty Final Fight, Mega Man X3, etc.

Also, does anyone else find the 3DS shop annoying? I kind of hate navigating it...actually I'm not really a fan of the 3DS' interface as a whole.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #966 on: February 24, 2015, 01:24:48 AM »
I can't even access my 3ds shop...
Is it my internet connection? Oh nevermind, I seldom play games now.  :'(

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #967 on: February 24, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
After analyzing for some time, I finally decided to try Dark Souls ;D!!! Yep, that game that some fans wants to be the next Castlevania, more or less. So, I saw some walkthroughs in Youtube and is a very great looking game, with some vibe from Castlevania, indeed. I heard too much about the difficulty, but after playing (and loved) difficult games like Shinobi PS2, Ninja Gaiden II Xbox 360 or Contra Shattered Soldier, I think to myself: maybe I can handle this. So, I bought the game today...

...and I hate it >:(!!! Simply, Dark Souls is not for me. I respect the love that its fans have for the game, but I simply don´t like it. I will going to continue with Transformers Fall of Cybertron and Spec Ops: The Line.

PS Dark Souls is not a bad game by all means, this is just only my opinion. As I said, I respect all of those fans that love that game (the same respect that I want for my love to Lollipop Chainsaw :P)
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #968 on: February 28, 2015, 01:47:45 PM »
Finished Gargoyle's Quest. Probably the best Gameboy game I've played so far. Can't wait to play the other two games in the series.

Played around with Nintendoland for a while. Some of the minigames are fun (like the Donkey Kong obstacle course), but just not very satisfying.

But Super Mario 3D World is a blast. I haven't even finished World 1 and it's already excellent. Love its nods to SMB3.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #969 on: February 28, 2015, 02:15:36 PM »
+1
I finally got a Wii U so I have been playing Wind Waker. I have Smash Bros and Super mario 3d world too. All excellent games.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #970 on: March 02, 2015, 01:30:24 AM »
Took a break from Mario to play Spider Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage. Heh, reminds me of my high school days.  :-[  It's a great feeling when you get that double web smash when 2 enemies are lined up just right. Makes you think, "damn it feels good to be a gangsta."  8)

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #971 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:11 AM »
Trying to play Monster hunter Portable 3rd, the on field hunting part is fun but I don't know if I should prioritize the farm stuff.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #972 on: March 05, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
I played the demo and just couldnt do it. I LOVE monster hunter but Ive only been to really get into em on pc via emulation. Their whole "hey lets make these incredibly indepth games that players will spend literally hundreds of hours on... on portables only... with small screens and cramped controls that dont really work". Tryin to play on psp was an exercise in frustration and hand pain. Playin the psp games on PC via psp tv out and a modded psp so I could control it with a 360 controller... and later via ppsspp was fantastic and easily one of my fav games.

I dunno why they insist on this portable only bs. Do they not think theres a market for these games on actual consoles? Can you imagine a ps4 monster hunter? How awesome would that be

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #973 on: March 05, 2015, 08:33:12 AM »
Even I'm playing on ppsspp, broke my psp a while ago. :/ A Ps4 monster hunter. Hot Damn. That'll get me droolling. @__@

I think the reason for portable monster hunter is because it is a Japan focused series and majority of gaming in Japan is done through portables or mobile since sitting down and playing games like we do is kind of looked down upon by their society as of now. They play games in short bursts and Monster hunter fits that well. Sucks for us though.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #974 on: March 28, 2015, 02:05:38 AM »
Playing Bloodborne now. Good lord, I think I'm having a tougher start on this than I did with Dark Souls II. Lots of fun so far.

Also played some Hexen for a bit last night...I gave up on trying to use a gamepad and just used the default keyboard functions. Some of the button assignments are really stupid though. Unless I'm missing something, the strafe button is on the opposite side of the keyboard from everything else, so if you want to strafe and throw explosives during the same skirmish, well, tough. So far I'm thinking the game looks a lot cooler in screenshots than it actually is. Hope it proves me wrong.

Tags:

anything