Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587340 times)

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1455 on: March 16, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »
Hows the Leynos remake? I bought it but it's still in the plastic wrap.

I haven't played the original on the Genesis, but there is a classic mode (and it's hard, even on normal).  Not sure how accurate it is to the Genesis original though.  Played it mostly on arcade mode, which is a great deal easier than classic mode (even on hard), and I'm having a lot of fun with it.  The scoring and how weapon drops correlate with it is one of the draws for me.  There are notable differences between the arcade mode (think of it as an arranged mode for the remake) and the classic mode, so don't be shocked if there's any differences from the original game while playing arcade mode.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1456 on: March 20, 2017, 04:59:43 PM »
Stuck in a specific stage (need to break enemy's guard to deal damage) in World Tour mode of Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSP). It's just a...hazard to perform moves on PSP's d-pad and I'm suck at combinations.

Normal (Semi-Arcade) mode costs me several good hours to beat Final boss M.Bison. Love that badass music it fits him perfectly.
And damn capcom just didn't give us sound test mode aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrraaaaggghhh

Final M.Bison and Shin Akuma are playable. Hella great! (Final M.Bison is still charge-based character despite one-key super combo can be set in PSP ver. But it doesn't change the fact that CPU final boss is on drug.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:21:57 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1457 on: March 20, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »
Stuck in a specific stage (need to break enemy's guard to deal damage) in World Tour mode of Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSP). It's just a...hazard to perform moves on PSP's d-pad and I'm suck at combinations.

Normal (Semi-Arcade) mode costs me several good hours to beat Final boss M.Bison. Love that badass music it fits him perfectly.
And damn capcom just didn't give us sound test mode aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrraaaaggghhh

Final M.Bison and Shin Akuma are playable. Hella great! (Final M.Bison is still charge-based character despite one-key super combo can be set in PSP ver. But it doesn't change the fact that CPU final boss is on drug.)

Depends, the PSP version has something special about it, re-assign your buttons to find out, it'll literally feel like you can Sonic boom on a single button press

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1458 on: March 23, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
Been playing some "Blood", the 1997 FPS on the Build (Duke Nukem 3D) engine. It's good gory fun once you get past the archaic control scheme. I'm loving all the references to the history of horror, everything from Lovecraft to Elvira.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1459 on: March 25, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »
DiRT 3. Picked up for free during a promo, and just started playing it. I'm really loving it so far. I'm actually considering buying a wheel for it.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1460 on: April 07, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
Giving Just Cause 3 a play. Never played this series before but it is very similar to games like GTA/SR in terms of the whole sandbox thing. Having a blast. Literally, since when I blow s**t up lots of things explode around me, lol. Although there is no character creation mode, I'm still getting into the game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1461 on: April 08, 2017, 01:43:40 AM »
Getting into the final (I think) chapters of FFXV and it's taken on a new tempo, quite liking it atm.

Also, my 2 best friends had the hairbrain scheme of pitching in and buying me a Switch!!! With ZELDA!!!! I just started it today and it's awesome. I bought a carry case/ screen protector/ headphone combo for the Switch which costed a pittance as well. Pretty much believe I owe it to my mates to at least show them Zelda on the move next time I head to their place.
Seriously, I was never going to afford it and they dropped the S-Bomb on me, what legends.(no pun Nintended) :-)))

As for all the concerns and negative press for the Switch that I've been reading, perhaps I'm just really lucky but I haven't experienced any of those. Fingers crossed, touch wood it stays that way.

I'm surprised and delighted that with Zelda you can die directly and indirectly by things such as edges (even falling off during fights), losing stamina while climbing and swimming, etc. Seems like there's a risk/reward factor for exploration, particularly early in the game when you're not ripe with hearts. Nintendo seemed to have learned a thing or two about difficulty which is scratching me right where I itch.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1462 on: April 09, 2017, 09:07:47 PM »
Been playing a ton of Dark Souls 3 again now that all the DLC is out 8) Good times!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1463 on: April 11, 2017, 10:26:03 PM »
Still playing FFXV. I just finished fishing all the fishes and collected all of Ignis' recipes. :)
One last menace dungeon left. But I need to play more Totomonstro and farm that damn MX Angelus.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1464 on: April 16, 2017, 03:46:02 AM »
I just finished playing Batman: Arkham Origins after playing it for about a month or so. Man that game was fun. Played through New Game and NG+, got all Riddler data, solved all cases, got all locations, challenge medals, supervillain side missions, etc., etc., but I'm still at 99%. Found out that although the game specifically tells you that you don't have to play I Am the Night mode for 100%, turns out that you do. Screw that, I'm done. Really liked the game otherwise, though.

Played Payday 2 for a few hours, and it's just way too tedious on single player with AI teammates. Besides, I needed to free up more hard drive space on the PS3, so deleting it was kind of an easy choice.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1465 on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:30 AM »
Been playing a ton of Dark Souls 3 again now that all the DLC is out 8) Good times!

Same here, just bought both DLCs...lol, I didn't know they already released the second one until I saw your post
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1466 on: June 04, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »

party hard on PC
basically you're a killer who crashes a party and covertly kills everyone.
multiple characters to play as and a stage editor.
very fun with lots of replay value.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1467 on: June 04, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »
Giving Just Cause 3 a play. Never played this series before but it is very similar to games like GTA/SR in terms of the whole sandbox thing. Having a blast. Literally, since when I blow s**t up lots of things explode around me, lol. Although there is no character creation mode, I'm still getting into the game.

Thinking of getting this, it's 18 bucks (Australian) for PSPlus members atm. It's one of those "always wanted to try but never had time" titles. It looks great, I was tempted to get the Medici edition which was very affordable back when it was released.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1468 on: June 06, 2017, 02:27:39 AM »
Whew. Just finished Far Cry 4. There is way, way too much stuff to do...and like a sucker, I went ahead and got 100% completion.

The game is just chock full of distractions. You'll be going to an objective, see a courier drive past you that you can kill for karma, find several loot boxes that are in your immediate path to your objective, get attacked by a pack of wolves, then come across Golden Path members being attacked by either more animals or royal army troops. It's like this game pulls you in 17 different directions when you're trying to get from point A to point B. But once you unlock the Buzzsaw, it's practically like God Mode and it's fun again. Such a weird mess of a game...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1469 on: June 06, 2017, 02:51:51 AM »
@JR: How are the honey badgers?

Tags: