Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania finally hitting 3DS eShop in Japan soon  (Read 10694 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania finally hitting 3DS eShop in Japan soon
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:11:28 AM »
It should be in the us and other parts of the world not just japan. heck I cannot command hot chicks with blue, red and green hair, mostly blue in 8-bit.

marth does not count  :P

Well, I have to agree. Only way to play good old FE is by translation patches and emulators(unless you can read Japanese?). :-[

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
+1
This news might be interesting if we were getting a 3D Classics Castlevania.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
+2
We should've had all 3 classic CV's in 3D by now. What's taking them so long?not that i'll be able to buy them anyway, my 3ds is broken -_-

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »
+1
We should've had all 3 classic CV's in 3D by now. What's taking them so long?not that i'll be able to buy them anyway, my 3ds is broken -_-

That's right, where is Castlevania 3D from the demonstration video of 3DS?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »
+1
If Xevious and Excitebike can get an ARIKA remake in 3D, why isn't Konami and other companies jumping on this?
Kid Icarus and Kirby's Adventure as 3D Classics are flippin' awesome.

EDIT: Konami even already did so with Twinbee.  I'd love to see it done with Castlevania.  And Gradius.  And Contra.... .oh god Contraaa....
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
If Xevious and Excitebike can get an ARIKA remake in 3D, why isn't Konami and other companies jumping on this?
Kid Icarus and Kirby's Adventure as 3D Classics are flippin' awesome.

EDIT: Konami even already did so with Twinbee.  I'd love to see it done with Castlevania.  And Gradius.  And Contra.... .oh god Contraaa....

While it's impossible I would love to play lagrange point and getsu fuma. oh and jackal  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 02:02:03 AM »
+1
So who of you mofoz is getting Castlevania: The Adventure on the 3DS Virtual Console when it's out? Saw it on the eShop, didn't specify a release date though.

I KNOW I'M GETTIN' IT :O

'cos it's a fun game and that'll hopefully increase the chances of seeing the sequel on 3DS.

Gotta say, playing GB games on 3DS VC is really nice. On a 3DS XL, that is. When you hold down start and select on startup, the grafix are super sharp and there's no ghosting and such like when I play on my GBA SP+. Plus it's nice to see games in B&W instead of the forced almost-color.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
Well, I have to agree. Only way to play good old FE is by translation patches and emulators(unless you can read Japanese?). :-[

So the official translation is that bad?

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
So the official translation is that bad?

The first six Fire Emblem games were never translated. So, unless you can read Japanese you have to find translation patch.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
Flea men take off five bars of your health just by bumping into you?

Skeletons tossing bones from the floor above you at random intervals so you never know when you're supposed to proceed?

Armor guys at the top of every staircase that retreat the moment you get near them and try to lure you into death traps, usually involving the flea men and/or skeleton guys?

Intentionally throwing so much hilarious shit on the screen at once that it exploits the NES's sprite flicker and players legit can't even see what's flying at them?

Oh, so Konami never actually intended anyone to finish this game without save states, basically.  how nice of them.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:22:28 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
Flea men take off five bars of your health just by bumping into them?

Skeletons tossing bones from the floor above you at random intervals so you never know when you're supposed to proceed?

Armor guys at the top of every staircase that retreat the moment you get near them and try to lead you into death traps, usually involving the flea men and/or skeleton guys?

Intentionally throwing so much hilarious shit on the screen at once that it exploits the NES's split flicker and players legit can't even see what's flying at them?

Oh, so Konami never actually intended anyone to finish this game without save states, basically.  how nice of them.

But it's possible  :rollseyes: I've done it a few times already.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »
Mutant speedrunning freak.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
Mutant speedrunning freak.

I'm far from a speed runner but I am freaky  :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 09:26:44 AM »
... Christopher Bee?

Christopher Lee's pet cat can shoot lasers out of its eyes

Sorry, Konami.  You can't make Christopher Lee any more hilarious than he already is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:44:10 AM by Super Waffle »

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
Intentionally throwing so much hilarious shit on the screen at once that it exploits the NES's split flicker and players legit can't even see what's flying at them?

Never had this problem in CV1. It's a very challenging game but it's doable. Then again I've only ever beaten Death without Holy Water once, and a random sickle killed me before I could get the ball then.

Tags:

anything