Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (PS3) castlevania Harmony of Despair glitches and other stuff  (Read 12476 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: (PS3) castlevania Harmony of Despair glitches and other stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
glitch seekers can nitpick all they want, but CV HD is still one of the most replayed and enjoyable videogames ever created.  :)

(not a fan of hearing video commentaries, but here's one of the recent CV HD gameplay vids of people having fun.)

Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair EP.3

Castlevania Harmony of Despair : Beginning of NORMAL - PART 1 -

:)

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »
glitch seekers can nitpick all they want, but CV HD is still one of the most replayed and enjoyable videogames ever created.  :)

Makes me kinda sad that I don't have proper recording equipment like these guys do  :-\ but I suppose it can't be helped. Still gonna make up for it for what I can bring to the table in terms of content. Besides, my reason for uploading glitch runs and online runs was for the sake of entertainment and showing off end game play, not to nit pick the game to the ground (since this is my favorite CV - blasphemy I know xD). Not to say I don't understand the point that those who find the game meh are on either.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »
@TheouAegis

I didn't mean mine had the same glitches (it doesn't) but was referring more to the way the player realignment code behaves when they're in a wall.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 10:41:52 PM »
Yeah, well still shows they had rookies working on it. I doubt Akamatsu would have let something like that get past the planning stage. He'd look at the code, say, "what the hell does this do?" and when the poor programmer told him it reorients the player on the platform, Akamatsu would probably smack him upside the head and tell him to rewrite it.

But whatever. I have that old schooler award in my avatar for a reason.  :-\
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »
well I guess finding glitches is like a form of treasure hunt.   ;D