Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Maldita Castilla  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »
An awesome looking Ghosts 'N Goblins type game. Just released by Locomalito. For FREE.

http://www.locomalito.com/maldita_castilla.php
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:30:16 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
Man, I gotta check out that site when i get home. Those games look fun.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »
Interesting, interesting. Don't see very many games like this being made in the style of the old arcade days.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »
+1
Very cool, it bring me tears.....
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
Neat. It's like the opposite of G'n'G. Instead of going to the demon realm, it gives the impression of Arthur's leftover knights defending against the demons invading our world.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:45:56 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
http://www.locomalito.com/verminest.php

The guy's site is so fun to look through. He has so many things on it. His games are all old school homages (ZX Spectrum, NES, SNES, Genesis, arcade cabinets of bygone days). And each game has ad posters, box art, trailers, and in some cases even trading cards. I haven't played his games yet, only downloaded them so far.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »
I loved it.
I've always love the GnG saga (and the Gargoyle's Quest and Demon's Crest games).
This is like an homage to the saga with a general Sega Genesis look, and the sound is nice.
I really recommend it to anyone who likes retro-gaming.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »
Locomalito is definitely my favorite indie developer and Maldita Castilla is another awesome game of his. And also one of the hardest I ever played. Luzfaral and his devils are pure Evil! I was fighting with them for about two hours without a break - it was painful, but I was so happy, when finally I managed to defeat this... monster. :) The game is not 100% linear - last level won't be opened as all previous - there is a quest.. And secrets! This game has a lot of hidden items and cool Easter eggs. Also, 4 different endings. "Legend Ending" is hardest to get, but with some luck and practice I did it.   

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:14:50 AM »
THREAD NECROMANCY

This is worth talking about s'more because I feel it's a fairly undiscovered game. It looks, sounds, and plays most like the arcade/Genesis Ghouls'n Ghosts complete with FM synth. I just grabbed it on PS4 and it's a blast. Not sure why the commercial English title is Cursed Castilla, though. An earlier trailer gave it the fully English name "Cursed Castile."

Anyway, GET IT. The original, non-expanded version is still free on PC, but the commercial version adds two new levels and other good crap.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: