Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Massive NES Bundle! - EBay  (Read 6877 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:55:39 AM »
WOW!
That's one super collection.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
S**T! There's some nice stuff in there I've not seen nor heard of before. That Delta-shaped controller being the obvious one.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
S**T! There's some nice stuff in there I've not seen nor heard of before. That Delta-shaped controller being the obvious one.

Right dude! Maybe he will take my $1.00 offer to get it all off his hands....

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
Woah! It even has a R.O.B. with it!
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:25:49 AM »
I may not have a R.O.B. or a need for one outside Gyromite, but I have around 320 NES/FC games, would never sell them. Not that desperate, nor could I ever get this desperate to cash out my chips. Bet there's no Little Samson's or Flintstones 2's in there.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
I may not have a R.O.B. or a need for one outside Gyromite, but I have around 320 NES/FC games, would never sell them. Not that desperate, nor could I ever get this desperate to cash out my chips. Bet there's no Little Samson's or Flintstones 2's in there.

Show some pics bro!

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
Show some pics bro!
Buy me a camera, and give me a bunch of free time, organizing and re-organizing would take ages. The only thing I can do is show a list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/merftyc86w4pt0x/My%20Game%20Collection.txt?dl=0

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 03:54:18 PM »
Great collection, but honestly $8,000 seems incredibly steep.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
Great collection, but honestly $8,000 seems incredibly steep.

It does sound very steep. However there are those that are willing to fork over three times more just because they're such a sucker for classic games. Gamers can be very scary  :-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 12:03:06 AM »
They are the ones helping to feed into the Nintendo games price bubble, there's also a bubble for Saturn games, which have also gotten expensive for the US and import side.

I hope this bubble one day crashes, sending all values back down to sane levels. It's getting harder to pick up stuff when the price tag continues going in the wrong direction.

Seen it happen with Atari 2600 games, that bubble busted a number of years ago.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 12:51:41 AM »

This by chance wouldn't happen to be the time when the market for 2600 games overinflated, and then crashed which led to the dumping of all those games, was it?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:46 AM »
As with all bubble crashes, patience is needed to wait for such things.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 04:34:20 AM »
They are the ones helping to feed into the Nintendo games price bubble, there's also a bubble for Saturn games, which have also gotten expensive for the US and import side.

I hope this bubble one day crashes, sending all values back down to sane levels. It's getting harder to pick up stuff when the price tag continues going in the wrong direction.

Really? When I lived in Japan, Saturn systems were everywhere only like $30 yen and the games were dirt cheap as well. Of course that was years ago, but my video game collection multiplied by x because the yen rate was in my favor and the availability of games and non US releases were everywhere!

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 02:33:03 PM »
This by chance wouldn't happen to be the time when the market for 2600 games overinflated, and then crashed which led to the dumping of all those games, was it?

No different crash, this was a price crash because the age range for NES had reached an age where they had jobs and disposable income, so values rose on those games and dropped on the 2600 games (there are other reasons as well, but that's unknown to myself as I don't collect A2600 titles). For a short while much like NES, SNES, some N64, and Saturn games now, Atari 2600 games were going up in value for collectors. That bubble popped and prices bottomed out for pretty much everything but the rarer Atari 2600 carts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:40:49 PM by Bloodreign »

Tags:

anything