Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 92137 times)

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2015, 03:52:07 PM »
+1
Ill give my first born for another castlevania like OoE

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2015, 05:23:37 PM »
Ill give my first born for another castlevania like OoE

Ahem... Don't you mean SotN or RoB?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »
If another LOS is being made, I think that it would involve Dracula as the main and ultimate antagonist. Maybe Gabriel would shed his vampiric side, becoming a battle of Gabriel Belmont vs Dracula (Inner Dracula or something). Trevor could return and maybe Victor didn't die somehow. That's how I would approach a LOS3 story.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »
If another LOS is being made, I think that it would involve Dracula as the main and ultimate antagonist. Maybe Gabriel would shed his vampiric side, becoming a battle of Gabriel Belmont vs Dracula (Inner Dracula or something).

Kinda like the lords of shadow. Where they had shed their wickedness and ascended to heaven leaving behind their negative and bestial attributes. The same could be done with Gabriel where he sheds all that is evil inside of him and can finally ascend--thus leaving behind a very evil and menacing Dracula who has absolutely no shred of compassion within him. The kind of Dracula CV should have had from the get-go rather then the emo guy we got in the end.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2015, 06:00:40 AM »
I just expect Gabriel/Dracula as the protagonist again against some kind of new force with Alucard helping out. It will have absolutely nothing to do with "Castlevania" at that point.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2015, 08:01:59 AM »
I bet Zobek would return. He's hinted at being alive somewhere. Galamoth could be thrown in the mix too.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
I wonder if Sir Patrick Stewart would even want to work on LoS again.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
+1
Not to grind anyone's gears, but what's so compelling about the LoS timeline that people want to see more stories in it anyway? While it's I'm not not a fan of these games, but even if one really likes them, wouldn't you agree that the writing, even in the first game, is really, really bad?

Like how overwritten the first game but nothing really matters except what happend in the DLC? The awful gambit pileup at the end where the manipulator immediately turned out to be manipulated by yet another manipulator? Or how Gabula seems to decent motivation for doing what he does aside from "because he's Dracula"? The presence of the Belmont family and their feud with Dracula being inherently pointless as it stops being relevant after 60 years in a 1000+ year timeline? And of course gems like "Castlevania City".

It tries to emulate of the same story beats of the IGA timeline but without any thought given to if it makes sense or not. It's a complete and utter mess. Certainly Castlevania can do much better?       

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:11 AM »
Castlevania can certainly do better however like Mercurysteam IGA was also not the greatest story-teller either. What Castlevania needs is a really good writer; someone who can keep a coherent stance on the way the story unfolds, and also a editor; someone who can spot elements that clash with the story and iron them out. Neither Mercurysteam nor IGA had an editor for their works so lots of elements just got in the way, didn't make any sense, and/or were just plain useless and ambiguous.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2015, 01:09:19 PM »
+1
Castlevania can certainly do better however like Mercurysteam IGA was also not the greatest story-teller either. What Castlevania needs is a really good writer; someone who can keep a coherent stance on the way the story unfolds, and also a editor; someone who can spot elements that clash with the story and iron them out. Neither Mercurysteam nor IGA had an editor for their works so lots of elements just got in the way, didn't make any sense, and/or were just plain useless and ambiguous.
My thoughts exactly. Which is a shame, since Castlevania has (had?) so much potential for great stories.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Which is a shame, since Castlevania has (had?) so much potential for great stories.

This.

However, I and many others, would mind if the story was the same old "Dracula has awoken after 100 years, Belmont seeks out to defeat him" storyline and nothing more else.

I just want a Castlevania game, period at this point 

Instead we're probably getting a remaster collection and a million bucks says it's gonna be the Lords of Shadow remaster collection.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:31:38 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »
No. They need to stop fucking making LoS games. They are BAD GAMES. NO. STOP. BAD.

I can just imagine how they will fuck up Galamoth. He will be a little goblin that throws watches at you or some shit.

Fucking quit it.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »
If anything, the LoS games look FANTASTIC in screenshots. I'd argue that the pre-release screenshots for both LoS and LoS2 could be considered trolling. Or fraud.

If LoS3 is ever gonna be a thing I'd recommend Mercurysteam to release it in the form of, y'know - a BOOK. With screenshots. That is all.
LoS games do look fantastic, not just in promotional screenshots.

(click to show/hide)

LoS2 of course, was a case of selective screenshotting, as we got mostly castle shots and a few pre-apocalypse city shots. the city post-apocalypse looks pretty bad. everything else does look good though. But I played PC so I dunno.

No. They need to stop fucking making LoS games. They are BAD GAMES. NO. STOP. BAD.

I can just imagine how they will fuck up Galamoth. He will be a little goblin that throws watches at you or some shit.

Fucking quit it.
That's just like, your opinion, man. I liked LoS because it felt like a more action evolution of LoI's gameplay. And I liked the character and most of the monster designs. Gabriel especially. MoF had plenty of good designs as well, though the gameplay wasn't quite that good, either as a 2D CV, OR as a LoS game. Story was fine though. LoS2 is the one that shits the bed in regards to level design and story, though even still, the gameplay was just fine, and much refined over LoS1's.

They can't please everyone, and looks like in this case, that's you.

Though- Im not too certain I want another LoS game either after Alvarez fucked up not just the game, inserting himself as head writer and ignoring everyone else, but ruined the studio itself.

LoS either way though, unless japan wants to take a crack at fixing it's mess, (Kojima could SURELY fix LoS2) has run it's course. It was fresh at the time, but its time for something fresh again. IMO, something that embraces some of the earlier camp, and not just the super srs plot side, would be great.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:44:27 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »
In actuality, the polarity of opinion of gameplay in the LoS games are still there, I personally love a good hack n slash. The main issue withe the LoS games is how bad the story dropped off at LoS2, which is a pretty easy fix which just involves with a "definitive edition" marketing, not saying much has to be changed, just fill in the plotholes, add a few new stages, and extend parts such as the final battle, and make a playable Dragon mode sequence.

As for the future of Castlevania, the franchise, surely another recreation of the Belmont clan vs. Dracula will come, but I'd rather see some new stories from the non-canon universes, part-vampire Trevor, Cornell in another game, things such as that

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
+1
However, I and many others, would mind if the story was the same old "Dracula has awoken after 100 years, Belmont seeks out to defeat him" storyline and nothing more else.
In my opinion that's all you need for a story, Castlevania's shouldn't be anymore complicated than that. I find that the moment you try to do something different with the character of Dracula, that's when whatever you're making becomes awkward and hard to take seriously.

The game design is what will really matter.

Tags:

anything