Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: THEORY: Reinhardt is Serge, Order of Ecclesia takes place in 1837  (Read 4980 times)

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
In my frustration over the fact the Order of Ecclesia doesn't have a set year, I've concocted this insane fan theory. Take everything with a grain of salt. If anything, this is simply a series of coincidences that happen to line up favorably. I choose to believe it.

It's been firmly established that Reinhardt Schneider is a Belmont descendant. That's an indisputable fact. It's also been established that, as a child, Reinhardt was "often teased by his schoolmates, as they couldn't believe that he was actually directly connected to the famous bloodline."

This is where Serge comes in. Serge, like all the other villagers in Order, is a Belmont descendant as well. Perhaps the point in time where Serge/Reinhardt was being teased is slightly before Order, when there were villagers who weren't Belmont descendants, and couldn't believe that Serge/Reinhardt was a Belmont. It would make sense that he goes by a different name, so as to avoid teasing and disbelief.

Reinhardt was trained to use the Vampire Killer by his father, Michael Gelhart Schneider. Serge's father is nowhere to be found.

They're both similar physically: blue eyes, brown hair. Although Reinhardt's is lighter in color, this can simply be chalked up to age or a change in art style.

Reindardt was born in 1827. Serge is 10 at the time of Order. Thus, if this is to be believed, 1837 is the date. That works perfectly, as Legacy of Darkness takes place in 1844, and Circle of the Moon takes place in 1830. Castlevania 64 takes place in 1852, where Serge/Reinhardt is 25. All in all, 1837 really is the perfect year for Order.

I dunno. Everything lines up, albeit coincidentally, I'm sure. I like this theory, though, as it gives be a set year for Order, and that pleases my OCD.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:59:54 AM by AxeLord »
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: THEORY: Reinhardt is Serge, Order of Ecclesia takes place in 1837
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
Who is Serge specifically? I've never heard of him in any Castlevania game or story.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »
Who is Serge specifically? I've never heard of him in any Castlevania game or story.
Serge is Irina's son, from Wygol Village in OoE.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 07:13:08 PM »
I like this idea. Good job, it really has some thought put into it.

That's what I liked about the simplicity of the plot to the original 'vanias. It left a lot open for interpretation, even if the developers didn't intend for that.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »
+2
Not enough Likes. This is my headcanon now too.

I had this theory that the Schneiders were a Morris-like Belmont splinter family and the priest "Samuel" who Reinhardt approached to claim the VK was a Lecarde, but Serge-is-Schneider works better.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 10:46:24 PM »
Serge is Irina's son, from Wygol Village in OoE.

One of the two kids right? Thanks. I'd forgotten their names  :P

Also, good on you for deducing the year in which the game takes place. It helps just that much more to clear things up. Personally I'm a stickler for accuracies (especially when it comes to games taking place in a specific time). That way there's less room for error. Again, good job  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 11:50:09 PM »
If I hadn't already concocted my own crazy theory, I'd ask to borrow yours  ;D

Yet, one thing you haven't explained (and I don't know if it is your goal to explain this or not): Why did Serge change his name?
Director of that one 1999 fangame that is not out yet.

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 12:27:09 AM »
+1
Why did Serge change his name?

In Order, everyone in Wygol Village is a Belmont descendant. I'm sure they're all aware of that. However, there are only about 12 villagers. That's kinda ridiculous. I think it's safe to assume that there were more shortly before Order, before the threat of Dracula was in the horizon and before monsters were all over the place. These Belmont descendants most likely lived among other non-Belmonts. It's here that Reinhardt comes in.

(For the purposes of this theory, we're going to have to assume that it's widely known that the Schneider family are Belmont descendants. More on that later.)

As I said, Reinhardt was teased as a kid because nobody believed that he was of Belmont descent. So, now that Serge is solely among other Belmont descendants, they'll understand him.

However, one day, Shanoa shows up. She's an outsider. Serge most likely thought that Shanoa wouldn't believe him, just like his pre-Order schoolmates. He that she would call him out on it. So he decided to go by a different name entirely.

During 64, he's older, and certainly much bigger and stronger. It's not much of a stretch for him to claim that he's a Belmont descendant at this point. He can finally go by his real name: Reinhardt Schneider.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:29:01 AM by AxeLord »
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 06:31:14 AM »
Your idea also makes sense if you consider the opening to Ecclesia already assumes groups of people have tried to stop Dracula post-Richter, which gives credence to Circle of Moon and its cast of non-Belmonts trying to stop Dracula in Austria.

Interesting idea.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »
Can you show us some art/sprites of Serge? :)

Tags: