Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Look what I found today...  (Read 8511 times)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 08:43:52 AM »
Every link I found online was an "installer" package to the demo, and I haven't been able to determine if it was legit or not. Even so, in my opinion installers for fangames are a big no-go for me. If there's a link to a .zip or other archive for the game, I will give it a try.

Here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/download/td9mkwcz50mcttq/Castlevania_-_The_Bloodletting_Beta_V1.3.exe

Glitches everywhere, so keep that in mind. This was 6 years ago when I was starting out.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »
Please pardon the double post, but here is a link to the incomplete first stage of Castlevania - Bloodstorm that I recently found. This project came about after I thought my data for Bloodletting had been lost, I was working on a new engine (some things such as stair attacks/damage, item crashes, etc are not coded). Some enemies were in place, but not programmed. I stopped working on this project when my term of unemployment came to an end and I was working hellaciously long hours and didn't have time for it. Then I just gave up on fan-games altogether.

Anyways, the first level is playable, there is an alternate route. The real highlight is the slightly obscure musical arrangements that I was going to use that I have included in the music folder. They're .ogg format, so you'll need the codec. It was incomplete and VERY early, but I have seen several people on youtube asking about it. Anyways, here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/58in95zh9oy393j/Castlevania+-+Bloodstorm.zip

NOTE: Press the "Y" key to bring up a dialogue, then click the 1st Keyboard box and you can reassign your controls however you please. Or you can choose "Joystick 1" and plug in a gamepad, though I never mapped it out so who knows what buttons it assigns.

PROTIP: If you are so inclined to play to another song, just rename whatever intro to "Theme_Of_Simon_Intro_V2" and then rename the loop. Boom, custom music.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:19:58 PM by piscesdreams »

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 10:40:56 AM »
The Stage design is very cool! i hope you're remaking this thing someday! (or make another game using Sonia, the story of this game is a bit weird, but well, six years ago... ;D )

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 06:50:24 AM »
Thanks very much. Unfortunately, I don't see myself returning to this anytime soon. I am working on Anathema now, hoping to release it next year sometime.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
If it was coded in GML, then I might be willing to fix alot of the stuff. But alas, I don't know a bit of CTF2.5 or MMF2, so I can't. ;-;
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »
If it was coded in GML, then I might be willing to fix alot of the stuff. But alas, I don't know a bit of CTF2.5 or MMF2, so I can't. ;-;

Honestly, Bloodlettings movement code needs a complete rewrite. There were a lot of noob choices made to take the easy route to get the sprite moving. It's a good lesson learned.

Tags:

anything