Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MMX: Variable Zero  (Read 13010 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 09:19:40 AM »
Yay mugshot stuffs

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »
Psi-XI is starting to work as he should--if he knows where you are and you're not far enough away to elude him, not even stage obstacles will keep you safe.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »
Question, any reason you're using this sprite set vs x4/5/6?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 12:31:15 AM »
Question, any reason you're using this sprite set vs x4/5/6?

Can't really speak for D9, but the X4/5/6 sprite set are usually seen as inferior in quality, despite technically being better (larger, more colors, etc.) And I'd agree with that sentiment, that overall the X1/2/3 style just looks nicer.

Also, I'd imagine it's probably easier to design graphics in the smaller 1/2/3 style, anyway.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
Because the PSX style is inconsistent as fuck and never really figures out what it wants to be, therefore I have no real consistent basis to go by in regards to emulating it. Seriously. Look at X, then at General, then at Eregion, then at Final X4 Sigma, then at Hell Sigma, then at Nightmare Mother, then at Blizzard Wolfang, then at the X4 stage select, then at Gamma Sigma, and then at the D-1000. Then try to find a consistent style. Trick question, you can't.

It's also rather ugly and overly shine-heavy and I really don't like it.

SNES style is much cleaner and gives me far more options for striking visual design that doesn't require whoring solid-white highlights on everything.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
Yeah, PSX MMX was very inconsistent,
X4 was pretty consistent, but all the pre-rendering in X5 and Blaze phoenix in general sports all the flaws.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 05:41:08 AM »

Also, work has begun on a new enemy class.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 05:37:20 AM »
Special ability writeup reveal time.

NOTE: All abilities, both passive and active, can be individually enabled or disabled in the pause menu at the player's discretion, so that everyone can set up a play style that best suits them. I'm currently mulling around the idea of having a limit to how many of each type (active or passive) or total that can be active at once, similar to the Part enhancements in X5.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:53:11 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
Speaking of abilities, do you have any special canceling mechanics in mind?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 04:00:19 PM »
Define what you mean by "cancelling" mechanics. Like, "stop doing this thing by doing this other thing?"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:10:50 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 05:03:12 PM »
Yyep. Maybe I should've said combo mechanics instead.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:03 PM »
Pretty much everything can be cancelled in some way, mostly by simply moving or inputting a different command. The ones that can't are generally fast enough to compensate.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 04:15:23 PM »

Also featuring an environment boss.

Yes he's a Serris reference shut up
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:04:55 PM by Dracula9 »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 07:17:43 AM »
Yes he's a Serris reference shut up
Well, as long as it doesn't constantly go VWORPVWORPVWORPVWORP...
^^

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 06:00:05 AM »
Based off my favorite Fusion boss? sweet!
good thing you removed any hanging areas.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: #MOOGAMIN EX 

anything