Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Double Dragon 4 announced  (Read 11233 times)

Offline JayDominus

• Count Janus Dominus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »
SO not buying it. NES-style graphics and gameplay? Talk about playing it safe and pandering to the base. And it's ArcSys too, they have great artists, 2D and 3D. And this after the awesomeness that was Neon? Thanks, but no thanks.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
SO not buying it. NES-style graphics and gameplay? Talk about playing it safe and pandering to the base. And it's ArcSys too, they have great artists, 2D and 3D. And this after the awesomeness that was Neon? Thanks, but no thanks.

I was willing to give the laziness of sticking with retro graphics a pass because of ArcSys. ArcSys + Double Dragon was supposed to be a recipe for success.

The game is alright at best. It's not the worst beat-em-up I've ever played but this game is abysmal when put beside Neon.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »
Got to floor 94 of the tower...so friggin' close...
f-floor 94?!  i was pumped when i got to floor 43!  (40 unlocks everything, right?)
i love this game!  it's great fun by yourself and a riot multi-player.
the inclusion of 25 playable characters really solidified this as an amazing work for me.

arc-sys needs to do something in the vein of sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴏꜰ ʀᴀɢᴇ x ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ.  i would love to see something like that!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 02:00:23 AM »
f-floor 94?!  i was pumped when i got to floor 43!  (40 unlocks everything, right?)

Yeah, Mysterious Warrior is the last unlock in tower mode. Playing as him and exploiting the upper and lower borders of the playing field can get you pretty far.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything