Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dawn of Symphony (NEW HACK!)  (Read 32202 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:31:35 PM »
Hey guys, for those who are fans of my last Future Alucard hack you probably saw one of my videos where I gave a preview of the a SOTN related Alucard hack, this hack will be titled Castlevania Dawn of Symphony, it will serve as a direct sequel to Castlevania Symphony of the night and will feature many returning elements as well as characters from SOTN. The story was really done in a very convincing way and I feel fans will have fun uncovering the many references within the story to SOTN as well as how the events of this game ties into SOTN as a sequel to it.

Returning characters from SOTN include
Alucard
Shaft
Richter Belmont
Maria
Dracula
Succubus

Special thanks to Jop/Julian for the new Alucard sprites and Caminopreacher for the new story.

Here are some images of the hack, I will upload a gameplay video later which will show the hack in action as well as give a glimpse at the new story.

Images

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Dawn of Symphony (NEW HACK!)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »
And i was thinking what happen to this, nice work!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
The sprites are really inconsistent with AoS's sprite style. Other than that, good work so far.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »
The sprites are really inconsistent with AoS's sprite style. Other than that, good work so far.

Yea I would have to agree with you there, AOS is a more bright and vibrant game in comparison to other CV games like SOTN that used a dark and gothic look, but hey what can you do lol, I wanted a fanmade CVSOTN sequel so I had to use SOTN inspired sprites, but anyways thanks for the comment. :)

@Jop

Yea sorry this took longer than expected lol, got busy doing other things outside the web that took up so much of my time, I had planned on being done by now but instead I fell behind, but everything came along nicely I belive. :D

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »
- UPDATE -

Ok here is the gameplay video showing Alucard in action, also shows the first encounter with Dracula and a look at the story firsthand, enjoy. :)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 05:26:10 PM »
Cool! :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »
+1
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I feel this is extremelly relevant.

And no, you don't know it. Listen again.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 06:28:08 PM »
Called it just as I was about to listen to it. :V
Then again, considering the context it's pretty obvious to begin with anyway.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
H I G H - Q U A L I T Y

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 07:02:30 PM »
I'm starting to doubt that bringing SiIvaGunner's content here was a good idea...

Jokes aside, its impressive that you could do a new plot doing a hack like this, nice.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline kenleong1989

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 12:01:18 AM »
That's great~

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 12:25:59 PM »
Very nicely done. But is it the video or Alucard's walking animation isn't as smooth as Soma's? Also you might want to change the palette of the "stoned" Alucard. It is too bright and messy. And is the damage number supposed to be black and red? You could change it into white with red outline you know.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
Very nicely done. But is it the video or Alucard's walking animation isn't as smooth as Soma's? Also you might want to change the palette of the "stoned" Alucard. It is too bright and messy. And is the damage number supposed to be black and red? You could change it into white with red outline you know.

Yea Alucard's walking animation is not as smooth as soma's because soma's was drawn out better to be honest, I think Jop did a good job but looking at soma's walking/running in comparison to this alucard's its obvious soma had more of his animations where drawn out between each step, I think it turned out good myself given what I had. :P

Also as far as the stoned thing, Its the same one that i used in my last to hacks actually, but I plan on replacing it anyways, and yes I wanted the numbers to be black and red so that was on purpose lol, I know exactly which part of Alucard's palette contains the color for those and I changed it myself to differentiate Alucard damage numder from Soma's.

@theplottwist

Yea I have saw, I think someone posted it in one of my other hacking topics somewhere, I would love to add it to the game but I need to find someone to show me how to music hack.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 02:27:56 AM »
very cool i always wanted to make a part 2 to SOTN but never had the game making skills but like to play your hack did you change any of the castle? or just txt  still very cool and worth playing can't wait

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »

well i send this sprites to DarkPrinceAlucard and i think in this gif it moves smooth

I think you see this gift in my facebook.

perhaps an error of the position of the walk or the frames?

Tags:

anything