Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dawn of Symphony (NEW HACK!)  (Read 31604 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Dawn of Symphony (NEW HACK!)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 09:16:36 AM »
well i send this sprites to DarkPrinceAlucard and i think in this gif it moves smooth

I think you see this gift in my facebook.

perhaps an error of the position of the walk or the frames?

Actually with your gif it moves at a different speed between each frame than what it does within AOS, like I said earlier each one of Soma's sprites are drawn out in detail between each and every step and thus possess more animations that move in a a faster sequence, as such I had to replace 2 of his steps with one otherwise it was moving so fast you barely could make out his leg movements, if you want I can send you the file and you can see for yourself or you can attempt to see if you can find a fix.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 04:09:49 AM »
- UPDATE -

Ok here is the gameplay video showing Alucard in action, also shows the first encounter with Dracula and a look at the story firsthand, enjoy. :)

Looks awesome!  I like what's happening in the screenshots.  But in the video... Alucard's head not bobbing for a few frames as he runs really bugs me.
Not sure if it's the filter, but it also looks like a lot of frames of animations are missing (you insist on recording with the emulator's video filters on).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 08:49:09 AM »
Looks awesome!  I like what's happening in the screenshots.  But in the video... Alucard's head not bobbing for a few frames as he runs really bugs me.
Not sure if it's the filter, but it also looks like a lot of frames of animations are missing (you insist on recording with the emulator's video filters on).

Thanks man :), regarding the head thing I plan on working on the running sprites really soon to see if I can find a fix to make the running better, I have already pm'd Ken Leong who is the same guy who helped me with Arikado's running, but I will try one more time to correct it myself.

Also regarding the filter and frames, the filter is a HD one that just makes the game look better, I doubt it would have anything to do with missing frames since it does not affect it at all and I always have no frame skip checked, at best it may be the free video cam I am using but I did not notice any missing frames personally. But I recorded it using the filter because I think the graphics look better with xbrz filters, but I posted the images without them for fans who wanted a look at the game without them, but the next video I post will be without filters. :P

Offline kenleong1989

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
It's done.

Do you have another about this hack of Alucard's palettes?

I can help you to correct it in this time.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
It's done.

Do you have another about this hack of Alucard's palettes?

I can help you to correct it in this time.

Looks good to me, send me a pm with the download link so I can start work again. ;)

Also regarding the palettes, which ones are you referring to?

Alucard's palette seems fine to me.

Offline kenleong1989

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 08:57:53 PM »
I found these actions problem.

If you have another Alucard's palettes of this hack, let me help you.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »
I found these actions problem.

If you have another Alucard's palettes of this hack, let me help you.

Oh no those are not "pallete" issues, the first one is like that because the sprite is to large to fit the entire wing, sadly there is nothing that can be done about that since you can not fit anymore without overlapping with another sprite entirely, the best that could be done would be a sprite edit and I may ask jop or do it myself at a later time once I get all the other sprites replaced. The second and third ones are sprites that I have not replaced yet and I will do so later, the actual palette for those is shared so there is no palette issue there is only the fact that those are still the old sprites that need to be replaced with the new ones I have.you can just send me the file through a pm when you get a chance and I will take it from here, thanks. ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:19:13 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 09:21:08 PM »
the first one is like that because the sprite is to large to fit the entire wing, sadly there is nothing that can be done about that since you can not fit anymore without overlapping with another sprite entirely

Tell me the dimension and i will see what i can do.

Offline kenleong1989

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 05:09:39 AM »
Oh no those are not "pallete" issues, the first one is like that because the sprite is to large to fit the entire wing, sadly there is nothing that can be done about that since you can not fit anymore without overlapping with another sprite entirely, the best that could be done would be a sprite edit and I may ask jop or do it myself at a later time once I get all the other sprites replaced. The second and third ones are sprites that I have not replaced yet and I will do so later, the actual palette for those is shared so there is no palette issue there is only the fact that those are still the old sprites that need to be replaced with the new ones I have.you can just send me the file through a pm when you get a chance and I will take it from here, thanks. ;)

OK, I sent the message. Please check it.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:43 AM »
Tell me the dimension and i will see what i can do.

Thanks, the dimension is 32 width and 48 height, here is the sprit itself if that helps,

Offline kenleong1989

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 05:49:37 AM »
Why don't use this?

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 07:45:07 AM »
I think it fits better but stil it have a lot of wing for the back, im going to be busy so i think on monday i will work but if someone wants to help you do it.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »
Why don't use this?

Ok I will give it a try and let you know if it works, but to be honest it looks a bit to long width wise but It could still work.

@Jop thanks, If this works and I decide to use it I will let you know.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
I thought the animation while walking needed a few more frames of animation too. Glad to see you are adding more.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 12:46:04 PM »
Ok here is a new gameplay video showcasing the changes made to the running and double jump, it also shows a bit more of the new story as well as shaft's new shop design, A heads up that I plan on having new item layouts as well as new difficulty to make the game standout even more and this will be thanks to caminopreacher who will assist me, enjoy the video.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:50:03 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Tags: