Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Spectral Interlude for Sega Master System  (Read 12002 times)

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Third Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Spectral Interlude for Sega Master System
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 05:46:24 PM »
The project is going at good pace I'm working on bosses and lesser enemies these days and there is something that I wanted to discuss long time ago, on what to base on the lesser enemies, actually I made proto sprites based on the characters you can see in the image the results are satisfying but the "SNAKE", this enemy doesn't have a proper character to base on and the proto sprite I made is not satisfying to me. Then It is the "DEMON" I've put horns, claws on him an looks good, this character seems to be a "GREMLIM" from RoB and I replaced his ears with horns what do you think all about this?? Do you have better character choices to recommend to me?? Just I have in mind everything I'm touching is in order not to change their original look too much.

EDIT: Sorry if you expected a finished spritesheet, I didn't wanted to post the proto spritesheet I made yet to avoid spoilers  expecting to post it when it's finished.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:58:20 PM by FeRcHuLeS »

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »
UPDATE: 05/06/2017

I've just finished the lesser enemies sheet they are 11, my inspiration was based on lesser enemies in the style of Rondo of Blood onwards (including SOTN of course) these sprites are sharing a palette of 16 colors though 14 are only used by now maybe going to use more colors or maybe not.

I hope you like them, the particular case of the EYE is that its tail is not going to hurt you, if you don't want to spoil yourself that much then check the may sprite competition out and appreciate the flying enemies only.  ;D

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:30:08 AM by FeRcHuLeS »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »
Nice conversion  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
Nice conversion  :)

Thanks, I had in mind Rondo of Blood cause the Pc Engine uses a palette very similar to the Master System's, I haven't used more colors so that all the lesser enemies can have more color schemes to choose from. btw do you know how to receive notifications about replies in my email?. I have "Notify me of replies" option checked but doesn't work. :(

Tags:

anything