Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Talk Trump, not games  (Read 7858 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
Mega Hitler? Now we need someone to create a Hitler in a Mega Man suit image to complete things.  ;D

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
I think people are just sick and tired of the electoral college overriding the will of the majority popular vote.

We didn't choose Trump. And now we're stuck with a goblin that 3 million more people than voted for him didn't want.

We saw it happen in 2000 in favor of the right and now it's happened again. Things need to change so that he vote of the public actually matters.

Good for Kurt using his platform to speak his mind.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »
The electoral college exists to prevent any one area of the country from choosing the president. California, NYC, and Minneapolis don't speak for the everyman farmers and blue collar workers outside of major cities.

Regardless, tweeting to your video game audience about your butthurt is (a) annoying and (b) accomplishes nothing, because Kurt going out on a women's march won't mean Trump is magically no longer president, and you're not reaching a new audience with whiny protests. Try to convert people, make them see your point of view, rather than mocking those who disagree with you, because all you're doing then is shouting to the wind.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »
Put it this way, Belmontoya: If you followed a gaming site on Twitter and anytime in the last eight years they made political rants about Obama, would you put up with it? I couldn't stand Obama, but all the same I would gripe about and unfollow someone if they had made those rants on their gaming forum, because as stated, I'm on Twitter for games, not other bullshit. I already get politics crammed in my ears, eyes, and asshole from all angles every day; I don't need some condescending prick mouthing his mental sewage when I'm following gaming dudes and sites on Twitter.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
I don't even fucking like Trump, I just don't wanna read some keyboard warrior thinking he's making a difference when his Twitter handle is dedicated to games. Kurt can make a personal account if he wants to, but then he wouldn't have nearly as many followers that would blow him in agreement, so I guess that's why he's tainting @HG_101.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
+1
Mega Hitler? Now we need someone to create a Hitler in a Mega Man suit image to complete things.  ;D
GENOCIDAL NAZI

HITLER MAN!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
I can just tell this thread will end peacefully and amicably!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
Like, was Bush Hitler (and a lot of people said he was), but Trump is even more Hitler, thus a Mega Hitler? Like, more Hitler than Hitler? I don't get it.

Yes, according to Japan it's possible.

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
People take politics waaaay to seriously in the wrong way.
Remember when Obama was supposed to make America Great Again?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:06 PM »
Remember when Obama was supposed to make America Great Again?

Yeah, but he couldn't. He was too busy cleaning up the mess that Bush left in his wake. And yes, too many people take politics way too seriously. Especially in the US. It's not a healthy habit. If somebody were to make fun of my country's new prime minister? So what. It's got nothing to do with me personally. It's just a mindless waste of energy on something that could be better spent in more productive and creative ways that serve me.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:05 PM »
+1
People take it too seriously, which goes back to the original point: If people follow your Twitter because it's associated with your long-standing, comprehensive video game website, don't use it as a platform for your personal thoughts unrelated to gaming. That means: don't post a million pictures of your dog, don't share the food you just ate, don't tell me about the new pair of comfy shoes you just bought; because your page serves one purpose: gaming.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 04:42:59 AM »
Edit: Ah, forget it. Lock thread, duhleat, lol. I said my piece. Kurt is happy to lose fans, so be it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:00:28 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 12:43:36 PM »
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Politics are okay once in a while, but we already have other politics threads and I doubt another one like this is such a great thing. Locked.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything