Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Where do you think the Belmonts lived?  (Read 10899 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Where do you think the Belmonts lived?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 09:12:42 PM »
Interesting. I never knew about this either. Would've been cool to have playable Richter in the SOTN sequel and this Belmont village as a location. A proto-Wygol of sorts.

I just feel that it might be important to iterate here that Wygol most likely did not exist by the time of Rondo. I understand the comparisons with Wygol but let's keep in mind that the chances for Wygol having existed by the time of Rondo are slim.

Wygol is kind of a miracle village of sorts.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 11:25:19 PM »

https://web.archive.org/web/20090402012951/http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=77052

IGA has said that more than once, too.
Thanks for posting that man.  Can you link me to that interview? Or any others where he said stuff about it? I guess I've missed some Of a interviews, really want to catch up.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 12:07:33 AM »
I don't want to derail this topic, but I have a query. Rondo starts in Aljiba, Simon's Quest starts in Aljiba. I know Rondo was a throwback to SQ, but is Aljiba supposed to be Simon Belmont's town?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
I think the Belmonts would have lived out of the way of prying eyes, but close enough that if there ever was a situation that required their duty, they were not far away to hear the peoples' plight.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
I don't want to derail this topic, but I have a query. Rondo starts in Aljiba, Simon's Quest starts in Aljiba. I know Rondo was a throwback to SQ, but is Aljiba supposed to be Simon Belmont's town?

Took me a week to remember, "You've arrived back here at Transylvania on business..." from SQ's intro. Which doesn't help much; it could mean he's from there as much as he isn't.

Then again, that's the English version.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
Aslo was I right in remembering that Wygol village had the last 2 belmonts liaveing in there, I was unsure cos after the whole loseing the whip. id have just moved far, far away until there ready to come back,

Also I really would love to know a reson why they lost the whip,

as I think its cos richter broke the  blood convent with sera's soul.  As we all know that anything to do with the count can draw out the worst in  anyone heart, so I always thought that deep down  he was sad that he was now useless, and there was no  need for him. and I would not be shocked if shaft played on that and used that to take him over, thus his weakness  was how shaft controlled him. And that's were the shame part comes in he left out of shame cos in fact what shaft did to him was true he did want to fight  over, and over scard of become old and forgotten.

but the whip being sort of alive understood,  as I think sera's soul  loves them all like family, as she would have been leons child's mother so I think she made it possible to  have a cooling off time, sort like to make them pure again
SO yeah that's my idea to why the Belmont's lost the whip, its may not be right, and it may not  even be close,
but cos Richter became the master of the demon castle, others would have been doomed to  become a vampire and other terrible fates. And that's what was promised to sera's soul.   (I swear to you, no more will suffer your fate)

So yeah that's just what I think
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:45:38 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 12:56:10 PM »
Aslo was I right in remembering that Wygol village had the last 2 belmonts liaveing in there, I was unsure cos after the whole loseing the whip. id have just moved far, far away until there ready to come back,

Nope. There are no direct Belmonts on Wygol.

but the whip being sort of alive understood,  as I think sera's soul  loves them all like family, as she would have leons child's mother so I think she made it possible to  have a cooling off time, sort like to make them pure again

Just a correction here: Sarah, as far as we know, didn't have children. She was betrothed to Leon, and not actually his wife (she was kidnapped one day before becoming his wife). And we know how things went back then with the virginity stuff. Plus, she's 18 by LoI's time, so it's much more likely that the mother of the Belmont clan was someone else.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:58:44 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 01:15:37 PM »
Nope. There are no direct Belmonts on Wygol.

Just a correction here: Sarah, as far as we know, didn't have children. She was betrothed to Leon, and not actually his wife (she was kidnapped one day before becoming his wife). And we know how things went back then with the virginity stuff. Plus, she's 18 by LoI's time, so it's much more likely that the mother of the Belmont clan was someone else.

Yeah but what I meant was that she would have married him and had his kids that's was the plan Baring death. so I think  she see the belmonts as the family she never had. that's what I meant And she did love him very much sort like the heart in Dishonored, Sera  feels intense love/protection, (And we know it can feel emotions)  for anyone who is a Belmont. That's the way I see it, no she gave him no kids. But her soul is now part of His so she will always be with and part of the Belmont's.
 But all this could be wrong. I'm just drawing on my knowledge  of the occult.
I know IGA has said he didn't no the reason why they lost the whip, but I think he may have some idea, even if its a dim one.
And I'd love to know why.   :'(  WHYYY   Konami WHY!!!!!!  Sob  :'(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:32:36 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 02:19:50 PM »

Also I really would love to know a reson why they lost the whip,

as I think its cos richter broke the  blood convent with sera's soul.  As we all know that anything to do with the count can draw out the worst in  anyone heart, so I always thought that deep down  he was sad that he was now useless, and there was no  need for him. and I would not be shocked if shaft played on that and used that to take him over, thus his weakness  was how shaft controlled him. And that's were the shame part comes in he left out of shame cos in fact what shaft did to him was true he did what to fight  over, and over scard of become old and forgotten.

but the whip being sort of alive understood,  as I think sera's soul  loves them all like family, as she would have been leons child's mother so I think she made it possible to  have a cooling off time, sort like to make them pure again
SO yeah that's my idea to why the Belmont's lost the whip, its may not be right, and it may not  even be close,
but cos Richter became the master of the demon castle, others would have been doomed to  become a vampire and other terrible fates. And that's what was promised to sera's soul.   (I swear to you, no more will suffer your fate)

So yeah that's just what I think

Personally I don't believe this is correct. I don't believe the VK "loves the Belmonts like family" so to speak. I believe it's purely because of the VK containing Sara's soul, it does contain a level of sentience to recognise the bloodline, but that's about it. The reason I say this is because in LOI the power of the VK i.e. "The Whip's Rage" is mentioned. Later in AoS we are informed that the VK's power 'faded' after the true ending i.e. the Rage was quelled. The reason Sara's soul was fused into the whip of alchemy was to create the VK, so the Belmonts could destroy creatures of the night.

Notice that in POR when Jonathan faces off with the Whip's Memory (the memory of the previous wielder) it is still Richter Belmont. This means the VK's last memory is Richter wielding the VK, so it still does recognise him as the last person to wield it and that's by the time of POR, over 100 years after Richter's games took place.

The Richter being ashamed

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 02:39:23 PM »
Personally I don't believe this is correct. I don't believe the VK "loves the Belmonts like family" so to speak. I believe it's purely because of the VK containing Sara's soul, it does contain a level of sentience to recognise the bloodline, but that's about it. The reason I say this is because in LOI the power of the VK i.e. "The Whip's Rage" is mentioned. Later in AoS we are informed that the VK's power 'faded' after the true ending i.e. the Rage was quelled. The reason Sara's soul was fused into the whip of alchemy was to create the VK, so the Belmonts could destroy creatures of the night.

Notice that in POR when Jonathan faces off with the Whip's Memory (the memory of the previous wielder) it is still Richter Belmont. This means the VK's last memory is Richter wielding the VK, so it still does recognise him as the last person to wield it and that's by the time of POR, over 100 years after Richter's games took place.

The Richter being ashamed

I agree, But the whip must have felt the rage, as  the count was still alive.  and this was after the Belmont gave up the whip but still having others fighting him.
and as far as blood convent  go They made a Bond deeper then almost anything, I remember reading that's were blood packs
came from The idea of blood brothers (I may be wrong about This ) so I always see that her soul will always be with them, and I think that since it was out if love to protect him and others it must be able to feel something more then just hate, No I'm not saying that inside the whip its play chess and having coffee and planning out its days , but like the heart it has a sort of awareness of what's happening.

Yes we have never seen that and all this is based on just my head.  But again my idea is no more right then your idea.
And your idea is really cool.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:44:03 PM by Guy Belmont »

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »
I always had a the feeling that the Belmonts had a farm that was a few hours ride from town.  Far enough so that anything that goes after them isn't going to be noticed by the "City folk" but close enough that they can arrive quickly in cases of danger.  Plus I like the idea of them raising crops, cattle, and chopping firewood and all that in their day to day lives. 

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »
I agree, But the whip must have felt the rage, as  the count was still alive.  and this was after the Belmont gave up the whip but still having others fighting him.

I'm not sure when exactly you're referring to between LOI>AOS about Dracula being alive. However, after the battle with "Chaos" in AoS, Julius mentions the VK's power "has started to fade" which correlates to Soma not becoming the Dark Lord.

soul will always be with them, and I think that since it was out if love to protect him and others it must be able to feel something more then just hate, No I'm not saying that inside the whip its play chess and having coffee and planning out its days

Rage =/= Hate. It's also not defined by rage for every single living thing. The rage is directed at creatures of the night. When Leon fought Walter he could feel the VK's rage. 

but like the heart it has a sort of awareness of what's happening.

It's called sentience, which is why I mentioned it.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 04:52:46 AM »

There's a problem with this, and it's the following:

-The starting village in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, is not Aljiba.  It is Jova.  This is Simon' Arrival Town.  The villagers do not recognize Simon.
-The first stage in DraculaX: Rondo of Blood is a throwback to CVII, indeed.  And if Richter/Maria reads the 'sign' in the town entrance, it does indeed say "Aljiba".  However, the layout of Aljiba in CVII is quite different from the layout of Aljiba in Rondo.  Rondo's Aljiba resembles CVII's Jova.

It's very possible that the old villages started resembling one another over time, and while they were different in the past, they were more closely similar in Richter's time.

Note that the villagers in the 2nd closest village to Dracula's Castle (Village of Fetra) do recognize Simon Belmont... in a negative way.  They remember him and tell him that what he did years back (in CV1's time) has doomed the village/countryside and his presence upsets the people, and cast him away from the town.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 06:37:38 AM »

-The starting village in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, is not Aljiba.  It is Jova.  This is Simon' Arrival Town.  The villagers do not recognize Simon.
-The first stage in DraculaX: Rondo of Blood is a throwback to CVII, indeed.  And if Richter/Maria reads the 'sign' in the town entrance, it does indeed say "Aljiba".  However, the layout of Aljiba in CVII is quite different from the layout of Aljiba in Rondo.  Rondo's Aljiba resembles CVII's Jova.

Ah okay, that's where my confusion was. Well for whatever reason Aljiba looks like Jova in Rondo.(Maybe Aljiba is just a more memorable name or it was closer to the castle?) I'm then inclined to think Rondo stage 1 is a throwback to multiple parts of SQ. Jova's layout, Aljiba by name, reading the signpost, breaking a wall, and winding up on another part of the map by going below ground.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »
The weirder thing is, Aljiba isn't located near Castlevania.

Aljiba is closest to the Carmilla Cemetery, Joma Marsh, and Dabi's Path.  Even years later, a town wouldn't just move on over.

Jova, however, is the closest village to Castlevania, in Simon's Quest.  Unfortunately, there is no direct path from Jova to the Castle in Simon's Time.
However, in Richter's time, if the town he visits is actually Jova, and nor Aljiba (probably just a small error in development?), then the Town Expansion to the east, coupled with the underground pathways, could conceivably lead to both the Outer Border to Dracula's Castle Grounds, as well as the Aqueduct Bridge.

Back on Topic, however...

I don't think the Belmonts live in an of the Simon's Quest villages.
I think that some descendants of the Belmont Clan remained in Wygol, while others went out to see the world and hid who they were.

This was my original reason for thinking that the Morrises were actually Belmonts in disguise; not that they were another clan, but a major branch of the clan, renamed in name after Richter's Downfall.

I'm not sure I can go with that theory now, since now there are other games that revealed a few more facts (events in Portrait of Ruin, the existence of Julius Belmont in the Sorrow story, etc.).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:01:06 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything