Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ...Have you ever had nightmares about Castlevania?  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: ...Have you ever had nightmares about Castlevania?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 03:39:51 AM »
I'll try! ;)  Of course, I'll have to make sure that it's only original timeline Alucard that gets sent, and not Trevorcard, as I have had dreams involving him as well. :D

Yes. Original timeline please.
But if he doesn't appear, it's ok since I've got another videogame prince constantly appearing in my dreams since December last year. hahahaha.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 05:59:54 AM »
Yes. Original timeline please.
But if he doesn't appear, it's ok since I've got another videogame prince constantly appearing in my dreams since December last year. hahahaha.

He wouldn't happen to be a certain FF prince who travels round on a roadtrip with his bros, by chance, eh? ;)  Oh darnit, thanks, Shiroi, I'm now mentally picturing Alucard drawn Amano-style in a futuristic setting.... oh crud, he happens to look a bit Vampire Hunter D-esque! :D

I keep on daydreaming with my fanfic idea around an AU version of Alucard called Alex who starts out as an actor who's playing Alucard in a film version of SotN, only to wake up in Castlevania for real, and finds out that he's an alternate version of Alucard irl.  Because of the events of going there, and his soul feeling comfortable as a dhampir, when he returns to 'the real world' after defeating Dracula, he stays as a dhampir.... then discovers that Shaft managed to follow him back through when Saint Germain (who was the film's director all along) sends hi home.  I mentioned this in a fanfic ideas thread a while back, but this little setting and plotbunny will not leave me alone.  My brain has developed this whole thing as far as deciding that Alucard and Maria's daughter, who turns full dhampir after her own trip through Castlevania (in an alt version of CV3 alongside her 'cousin' Trevor, trying to rescue his other half Sophia, who's been kidnapped by Dracula/Matthew (Dracula's actor turned Drac), hooks up with their version of Hector, who has all of his alternate self's memories and powers as well.  I've tied in the Mirror of Fate from the LoS-verse, as that has a connection as well to all of the different realities, and Lisa gives both Alucard and Liz the choice to be dhampir or human.  After their brief playing about as actors, Maria's alt self Cate takes up a career as a vet, and Alucard and Richter (Richard) set up a stage and film stunt team company, VK Stunts.  This is utterly crazy, it's doing my head in as I cannot write stories wel enough to put this down on paper as a proper fic. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »
He wouldn't happen to be a certain FF prince who travels round on a roadtrip with his bros, by chance, eh? ;)  Oh darnit, thanks, Shiroi, I'm now mentally picturing Alucard drawn Amano-style in a futuristic setting.... oh crud, he happens to look a bit Vampire Hunter D-esque! :D

Bingo! You should really start playing that game. Then we can talk more about it since I can't lead you into spoiler-y territory.

You're welcome. :)

Offline Perturabo

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 04:59:56 AM »
No nightmares about Castlevania from the games or official media themselves, but plenty from a fanfic on Wikifoundry I've been betaing. Nightmares aren't always the scary type; sometimes they just create stress.

Take very basic, gamebreaking mods like instant build and cooldown, free units, all powers and heroes for RTS/RTT games like C&C, Battle for Middle-Earth, Dawn of War, and Company of Heroes. Convert that into the setting for a post-DoS fic set in 2045: an endless meat grinder of a war for the Dark Lord's succession.

From city- and worldbuilding series like Civilization and SimCity, take the logistics of governing whatever areas you control. Turn this into the challenges of ruling over an empire, even if you're the ultimate evil or especially if you've only built up your territory so you'd be too politically inconvenient to kill.

Close comparisons to ground-level views of day-to-day life are dystopian series like The Sims, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, Metal Gear, and indie games like The Last Stand, Dead Frontier, and Caravaneer.

Add in some of the points from Dawn of Sorrow. There's a functioning teleportation machine still in the Lost Village—the technology exists and can be reverse-engineered. In a nearby cave, there's a statue that heals even the worst injuries. A guy possessed a Doppelganger and turned it into his new body. A witch knows a technique along the lines of what created the Vampire Killer, and she can apparently release souls. A Dark Lord will arise, even if it isn't the old one.

All of what I mentioned is only the background to the nightmare. Imagine being the one to check the accuracy of the author's figures and barter chains. The Karnsteins' (Carmilla's clan) pork scam wouldn't have worked without trade deals between EU members and Japan. Olrox has a human contingent in his armies, and they need caffeine—as he's based in eastern Germany, that meant coffee, and from there, which type for long-term storage (robusta, freeze-dried instant) and which low-cost supplier (Vietnam). I had to see whether the commodities exchanges the author mentioned actually traded in gold, and how much an average gold coin weighs. There's even the part where the author's currently bogged down, using beverage purchases to predict someone's next move—an old technique; newbie marketers used to be taught how to read a person's background based on what they bought.

Figuring out whether things from the story would work has woken me up a lot of nights and kept me from falling back to sleep. I do enough calculations at work already.

The worst part is the author's not likely to release this fanfic to a public archive until she figures out how to use AO3. To test their system, she's writing another Castlevania fic, a one-shot from the perspective of Lucy Westenra.

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 10:59:32 AM »
God this is soo funny I had one of those, just the other day,

SO there was like this possessed  person/ thing, I still have no idea what it was and a lot of it has blurred  now, but the built pontes are.  it was in my house, and it really was freaky, like it was sort scaly with a round head, really sharp teeth and like its skin was covering its eyes. (sort of like the goombas mario movie)
 It had like wavy arms like shadows, it was in one of the bed rooms.
So I summed but all my courage got my whip took it in to the room caught its neck with my whip, And then ripped its jaw off.
And then some other stuff happen dream changed, but that was it dead. that has never happen before of since.

There's a lot of build up that I'm missing out, but like with all dreams they just fade so only the parts that made an impact stay in your mind. but yeah it was a really scary dream. but one I would love to save, and then play back. like in  red dwarf.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Dia

• Professional Idiot
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »
Never have I had a Castlevania based nightmare, but I have had nightmares about other games, Corpse Party, for example.

I think the reason behind that because in a game like Castlevania, I could theoretically fight back if something threatened me, versus a game like Corpse Party where whether I live or die is pretty much based in whether or not I get lucky.
Dracula better hope I don't come through to Castlevania. I'll disrespect his whole domain, take what isn't nailed down, and eBay the hell out of it all.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 06:04:51 PM »
Never have I had a Castlevania based nightmare, but I have had nightmares about other games, Corpse Party, for example.

I think the reason behind that because in a game like Castlevania, I could theoretically fight back if something threatened me, versus a game like Corpse Party where whether I live or die is pretty much based in whether or not I get lucky.

Pretty much. In CV you're the hero with the mighty vampirekiller whip. Nothing's going to stop you unless you plummet to your death or get impaled  :-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything