Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castevania vinyl, posters, and other merch coming from Konami and Mondo.  (Read 15071 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:05:32 PM by AlexCalvo »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
At least it's a step in the right direction. I'd buy some of that.

I'd rather have some CV games, but I'd go for some collectibles...
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Exciting news! I hope some of the merch makes it way to my country....

Lol at the article writing this: The-Once-Great-Publisher-That-Must-Not-Be-Named

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Konami OST records sounds like a cool idea, especially for Silent Hill. Watch as they're mastered from the CD versions, lol.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
*Still waiting to see if the Cv3 vinyl is the US or JP version*

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Dang, would have loved to get the poster and t shirt. I missed out on this.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Just found out something that makes these vinyl soundtracks sound more promising (and likely not to be just CD rips): the guy behind Death Waltz, who releases a lot of remastered movie soundtracks and his Halloween III disc is supposed to be great, is the record label manager for Mondo Tees—and knowing this, I see now that Death Waltz records are now distributed and manufactured by Mondo. That basically ensures these will be high quality releases with cool original artwork.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Or you can just buy the 1998 Castlevania 1-2-3 soundtrack, which includes a few arrangements as well...? It's still cheap and easy to find out there.

I don't see the added value, except probably a new artwork, and if it's as stupid as the poster, it's a negative value. I love Castlevania soundtracks, but this thing is surfing on the current radness of old games & vinyls.

Besides, the poster was 60-80$ guys, seriously? Why not spend a similar amount of money on a real old Castlevania poster?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
Already got the soundtracks on CD, brug, but thanks for your condescension.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
No condescension really. Maybe you could tell me why this vinyl is interesting, or why I should be happy/excited about it, as a Castlevania fan and collector. Just calling me condescending won't make it a must-have addition to anyone's collection.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Just when I nearly stop caring altogether, they go and put out something that's actually somewhat interesting.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
No condescension really. Maybe you could tell me why this vinyl is interesting, or why I should be happy/excited about it, as a Castlevania fan and collector. Just calling me condescending won't make it a must-have addition to anyone's collection.

I'm guessing you are unfamiliar with Mondo?  You should fix that, they are universally known for their incredible work on licensed properties.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
The Simon's Quest record is up, the day/night variant anyway (the normal edition goes on sale at noon of whatever timezone Mondo works in, heh).

https://mondotees.com/products/castlevania-ii-simons-quest-original-video-game-soundtrack-10-lp

It looks pretty boss. I like the rendition of the "death" Dracula. The record features both NES and Famicom versions. Shame about the Konami Kukeiha Club credit and not individual musician credits, though.

I heard Mondo's record for the first game was pretty shitty and basically the CD audio slapped onto wax, so I hope fans complained and they changed their approach with this one and all VG OSTs in the future. Mondo needs to step up their game and start doing the quality work Data Discs and iam8bit are known for.

If their upcoming Silent Hill records aren't mastered-for-vinyl from the original master audio, I'll be beyond pissed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Surprised I'm the only one kicking up a shitstorm about the Super Castlevania IV vinyl Mondo is releasing tomorrow.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/mondo-records-announces-super-castlevania-iv-release/

Tags: