Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: i was looking at the Castlevania Chronicles map  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
i was looking at the Castlevania Chronicles map
« on: July 22, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »
Hi there just saw this on the map when I was playing Castlevania Chronicles. and it was like wow that looks like the place were you meet death for the first time in SOTN.  and yes we all know that the castle never keeps the same shape but after playing countless CV games, some of the places in the castle seem to echo themselves.

So I wonder if they looked at the map and thought  "hey this would be cool if we could sort echo the older castle maps.

Now I might just be over thinking it, I tend to  that.

And if you look to the right you can see the guy who plays music and gives you items. in the second stage.

If this has been already pointed out sorry to waste your time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:57:00 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: i was looking at the Castlevania Chronicles map
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »
Oh don't worry too much about these kinds of things being done before  :)  It's nice to see similarities throughout the castlevania series, which I find makes it special in its own unique way. Plus it is fun to compare maps  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
Oh don't worry too much about these kinds of things being done before  :)  It's nice to see similarities throughout the castlevania series, which I find makes it special in its own unique way. Plus it is fun to compare maps  :D

Yeah that's one of the things I love about CV, there are a lot of call backs. really keeps the feeling of continuity.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »
What about the structure in the background of the SotN pic?
There is a very similar structure in the Chronicles map above the first tree in the courtyard area.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
Yeah, I liked to do that sort of thing all the time, but never thought about checking for drawn map references outside the clored boxes locations. You know that this same exact area is where you fight the Werewolf in Rondo too right? Also one room earlier is where you fight the Giant Bat boss.

The castle reshapes itself but like to keep some important areas (outside of story, its just devs paying homages, sure lol). I had compared CV1's map with SotN's one time and its pretty interesting, because  the locations are there but scattered in some parts. Also CV1 level 2 appears in SotN, it starts one room after Death (climb stairs) and starts going left (to Alchemy Laboratory until you enter Royal Chapel and fights Medusa). The strange part is that in CV1 time this mini tower near Death seemed to resemble more  Outer Wall because of its enemy placement.

This thread is really interesting.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 05:25:11 PM »
The place where Alucard meets Death in SotN is the same place where Richter meets the Werewolf in Rondo of Blood.
The hidden room in the ClockTower that Alucard can access by hitting the switches, is the same place where Annette is hidden, in Rondo of Blood.  Richter has to use similar switch-gear triggers to open the chamber.

The X68000/Chronicles Merchant is reminiscent of the Merchants from Simon's Quest and Akumajo Dracula/Vampire Killer MSX.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 10:56:37 PM »
The place where Alucard meets Death in SotN is the same place where Richter meets the Werewolf in Rondo of Blood.
The hidden room in the ClockTower that Alucard can access by hitting the switches, is the same place where Annette is hidden, in Rondo of Blood.  Richter has to use similar switch-gear triggers to open the chamber.
huh, i had never put that together before.  that's pretty neat.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 02:30:31 AM »

The X68000/Chronicles Merchant is reminiscent of the Merchants from Simon's Quest and Akumajo Dracula/Vampire Killer MSX.

At 00:13 It's also clearly the room where you fight the Vampire Bat in CV1. In this room a block to get the double shot (II), in the vid, Richter breaks the same block at 00:10, if I'm not mistaken, Alucard also breaks the same block, under a few steps (before the Death room) for meat or something..
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 10:10:46 AM »
At 00:13 It's also clearly the room where you fight the Vampire Bat in CV1. In this room a block to get the double shot (II), in the vid, Richter breaks the same block at 00:10, if I'm not mistaken, Alucard also breaks the same block, under a few steps (before the Death room) for meat or something..

That's pretty much it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
Not to mention the map layout is very similar to Chronicles, The long stretch and a dipping section right before the death encounter, then things get vertical.
Then again, self-homages like that are what makes Castlevania rather awesome

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »

Wow nice eye, yeah your right. man never would have put that together, man that's soo cool, feel a bit silly now.
its a nice thing to know, as I feel it links the two game even better.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 05:30:40 PM by Guy Belmont »