Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I think Christopher originally came before Trevor/Ralph pre-IGA  (Read 18403 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: I think Christopher originally came before Trevor/Ralph pre-IGA
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 06:59:12 AM »
Thanks plottwist, I was just about to say the same thing. Although I wouldn't say that I'm fluent, in this case I feel its justified to point out my reading comprehension level is N2 (the second highest level),  so you can trust that what I'm saying is correct. Once again, if you refer back to my translation of Dracula Densetsu manual you can see, as plottwist already pointed out, that the story is starts by recalling the events of Akumajou Dracula (and I also assume the sequel, Dracula II). This makes sense if we look at the release order the games came out as these games directly preceded Dracula Densetsu (if we ignore the arcade game for a moment). Then the story proceeds to introduce Christopher and it's quite clear these events occur in the past since the origins of both Dracula and the Belmont family are explained to the reader. It's not outright stated how far into the past the story is set but  we can deduct that it's more than a 100 years. From the manual of the first Akumajou Dracula we learn that there is a legend that says Dracula revives once every 100 years. For this legend to have come into existence it means someone must have noticed a pattern in the way that Dracula revives. This means Dracula must have been revived at least two times before the legend was created. In this way we can determine Dracula Densetsu occurs at least 300 years before the events of Akumajou Dracula and Dracula II. However, as I mentioned earlier, Dracula's age in Rondo pushed these events even farther back in the chronology.           

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: I think Christopher originally came before Trevor/Ralph pre-IGA
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 01:10:42 AM »
Yesterday I searched the direct translation of the Dracula Densetsu manual. After reading it, I said to myself: "My bad"

Tags: