Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 453411 times)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)
« Reply #870 on: November 13, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
For some reason, this pink shadow remembers me a town in flames  ;)

Offline Dkaelynd

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #871 on: November 30, 2017, 01:39:33 AM »
if there is anything i can do to help with this project let me know. i have knowledge of the Castlevania timeline (i own the north american release of the games), im a writer, actor and can give some ideas if need be. i would love to see this project succeed since Konami wont give us the gap in the timeline. pm me if you wish to talk

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #872 on: November 30, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
The story for Umbra was the first thing that was tackled when this all began. theplottwist is very detailed and in-depth in his work, let me tell you. Although that's not to say he would not welcome any help with the story. You could ask him if you'd like.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #873 on: December 10, 2017, 05:53:39 PM »
So, a while ago I said I would make another prediction in early December. We are in early December, so here it is:

Due to past events it was decided that setting hardcoded deadlines for playable releases is not a good idea. Regarding this announced gameplay demo, we decided to polish it a bit more than previously intended, and we have concluded that another predicament is a real possibilty. Therefore we will be working from now on without a release date, but instead with a monthly-ish report on progress, showing sneak peeks of what we have created -- something that we were NOT doing before.

Still, we HAVE an internal ideal release date and are working with it in mind. We just are not confortable to announce it for now, but I assure you it's not something ludicrous like "one year from today". We will make another definitive release announcement once this release is 100% impossible to prevent by any obstacle. In other words: The next time we give a release date, absolutelly nothing will postpone it further.

I'm sorry for this delay, it is the result of a lot of stuff going wrong (for me in particular), and I know many of you are eager to get a taste of what is happening. But we cannot afford to deliver anything less than what the ~big plan~ is. We believe things are really shaping up to be that good that anything less than we are planning will get postponed to ensure maximum possible quality.

The story for Umbra was the first thing that was tackled when this all began. theplottwist is very detailed and in-depth in his work, let me tell you. Although that's not to say he would not welcome any help with the story. You could ask him if you'd like.

X is absolutelly right about the plot. Its main skeleton existed well before the project was posted on this forum, and it has already walked too far for external ideas to be of much value. However I will be looking for assistance outside of the team in the future for specific story-related feedback concerning clarity.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:11:38 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #874 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:18 AM »
I agree with announcing the release date when you are already 100% sure to deliver it by then. :)
Postpone until it is polished, so that the final product would not need unnecessary post release patches bullshit that AAA games are doing nowadays.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: December 11, 2017, 07:24:27 AM »
This things happen I dont care, I know your are doing what you can right now, I will wait for that great day to come.
:3

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2017, 03:59:34 PM »
Whenever it releases, I know it'll be more than worth the wait.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline HeartOfFire

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #877 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:11 PM »
This is so cool!! I'm a relatively new Castlevania fan and I thought it was a complete shame that there wasn't a game about the battle of 1999. I actually made some quick mockups in GIMP a few weeks ago and figured this is a decent place to post em!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: January 15, 2018, 03:07:20 PM »
This is so cool!! I'm a relatively new Castlevania fan and I thought it was a complete shame that there wasn't a game about the battle of 1999. I actually made some quick mockups in GIMP a few weeks ago and figured this is a decent place to post em!

Hello HeartOfFire!

Those are nice mockups, and I dig the "no-mustache Julius" heh! But this isn't actually the right place to post them. Not just because this thread is devoted to one specific project, but because it falls on the "thread derailment" rules of the forum.

Still, no need to delete your post or something, as this is a very minor issue. Let it be, just make a new thread next time, as it will help with exposure for your content, too!

Offline HeartOfFire

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #879 on: January 15, 2018, 10:48:13 PM »
Whoops, my bad! Sorry about that!

I gotta say though, it is SO COOL that this project is a thing. Julius was always my favorite character since I played my first Castlevania, so I'm super giddy waiting for more news on this! I'm really happy to know that even though Konami has stopped making Castlevania games, the community loves them enough to keep them coming!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #880 on: January 26, 2018, 02:44:32 AM »
+2
Hello!

Team Umbra has made a casting call for some characters on the project. If there are any actors here who would like to give it a shot, the current available roles are:

• Alucard ROLE FILLED!
  • Jonathan Morris
  • Lenora Belnades ROLE FILLED!
  • Death

I urge you to visit our page at castingcall.club to get much more information (including quality standard, test lines, character bios, and overall workflow structure):
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/castlevania-umbra-of-sorrow-1999-fan-project

Please keep in mind that this is a fan project, so these are NOT paid positions. If you are to be selected for quality work (as is all the work involved on this), then remember that there is no profit to be made.

"Didn't you already have an Alucard?"

We did, and it was Dracula9. Despite his voice being perfect for the job, it was too taxing on him as to reach a certain tone he had to make a constant conscious effort that would do him no good on the long run (Alucard, as a protagonist, speaks a LOT). However, you'll still get to listen to D9's voice, just on another role!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:26:38 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: January 26, 2018, 07:29:32 AM »
I will love to help but sadly I dont think my voice fits (and perhaps my english will not be good XD) for any of that characters and I dont have the equipment to record in a good quality, hope you find awesome voices for that characters  :D

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #882 on: January 26, 2018, 08:09:25 AM »
I've done some voice work for online english courses.  I could give it a shot.  I could try any of the three male voices (counting Death as male) just need a little direction on what you are looking for in each voice.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #883 on: January 26, 2018, 08:52:00 AM »
I've done some voice work for online english courses.  I could give it a shot.  I could try any of the three male voices (counting Death as male) just need a little direction on what you are looking for in each voice.

In the link its say what they are looking

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #884 on: January 26, 2018, 01:14:22 PM »
I think I want to try as well. I've been taking voice training lessons & I just got my new mic in recently!
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Tags: 1999 Awes