Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Final Fantasy XV - Update Road Map  (Read 44779 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 12:04:47 PM »
I haven't finished A King's Tale yet (I'm somewhere in the middle, I will play it again when the update takes a long time to download).

LOL at the plot twists that happened in game. At that stage in the game I'm also on the same page as Noct.
But I think they did it that way because of the mandate of the higher ups (Sell them DLCs) and we'll be getting a Prompto DLC. I'm having my hopes up for more story.

I just haven't put time aside for King's Tale yet. I played the first few stages and it's a pretty fun beat-em-up so I'll be going back to it eventually.

And man, the whole plot falls apart in the latter half, Chapter 13 being absolutely abysmal. They're supposedly adding several cutscenes to flesh out the story and revamping Chapter 13 as a whole, so I'm interested in seeing what they're going to do.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
Yup. My pre-chapter 13 save is waiting for the revamp. :)

Aaaaa!!! Someone with a twitter account please help me.
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/832937265953460228
Quote from: Final Fantasy XV
Any FFXV cross stitchers out there?
Please tweet my work to them. http://shiroikoumori.deviantart.com/art/FFXV-Boy-Band-Cross-Stitch-Bag-Tag-641898400

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 12:00:06 AM »
+1
I gotchu, mate.

EDIT: Reposted the link, but actually showed the image in the post.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:04:43 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 01:23:48 AM »
Thank you dearie~!  ;D

I think it automatically posts the picture on twitter.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 02:07:44 AM »
Hahaha, I forgot to mention that I caved in and bought the Season Pass and the other pre-order stuff that I did not get (Royal Raiment is the best outfit) during the Lunar New Year week (because discount) and was able to download the Holiday Pack+; I am particularly fond of the Blitzer's Fanfare and Key of Prosperity.

Anyway....
The 1.05 update dropped and so did the Booster Pack+

Oh my, I love the limited time hunt and replayed it 9 times, hahaha. I think I had my fill of killing 900 cactuars/slactuars with warp strikes @9999 damage thanks to the new booster pack sword Ragnarok. This hunt can only be accessed if your PS4 is connected to the internet.

======
Anyway, "A King's Tale" will be available to free to everyone on March 1. Pixel art! WHee~
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/kings-tale-final-fantasy-xv-released-free-march-1

While waiting for the update to download, I played this game where I left off and I was at the final boss stage when the update finished. Hahaha. I will continue it next time while waiting for another update to finish downloading.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:29:56 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 02:02:07 AM »
Another timed hunt dropped today: Malboro and Malborodoom, darn I only have 3 ribbons, who will I sacrifice? I'll think about it tomorrow. haha.

Bug report?
Since the 1.05 patch, while playing the game I've noticed my PS4 stutters in some parts (it never stuttered before); the fishing music has this weird swoosh sound effect that wasn't there before and I think it shouldn't really be there; and when travelling long distances, suddenly there's a loading screen then it's gone.
And they still did not fix the falling into the sky bug. It happened to me twice in a menace dungeon. The first time it happened, I have to restart the dungeon (it was just keycatch trench, so easy peasy) and the second time (at glacial grotto) it was aborted by a warp strike or some random attack since there are still enemies on the room and I was able to continue on.

A co-worker of mine also has the same issues (except for the falling into the sky thing, I don't think he attempted the menace dungeons) and he says that when he's playing other games, there's no problem.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »
I haven't quite gotten back into FFXV. Have they done the patch that fixes Chapter 13 yet?
I'm mostly curious about when they're doing the story update with the new cutscenes. I've been looking forward to that, and saving my replay for that time. I'm guessing probably when Episode Gladio drops at the earliest, though.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »
+1
The story patch will be out by March 28, the same day Episode Gladio drops. I just hope that the update patch won't be too large.

The only thing I'm doing now are finishing the menace dungeons (3 more to go) and lots of fishing (must get all the fishies....). I've just defeated the Adamantoise today and got my first ever Platinum trophy. :)
The timed quests are good for doing it once since the current one gives 500AP for finishing. Much better than doing the AP farming thingy.

And frame rate dropped again when I was catching the bizarre barramundi. I landed the fish with no worries but the render on the screen was so blurry.

On other news. I found a new channel on youtube cooking FFXV inspired dishes. Here's a sample.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:23:11 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
The story patch will be out by March 28, the same day Episode Gladio drops. I just hope that the update patch won't be too large.
That is so good to hear. Looks like I won't be waiting long to replay the game.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 03:17:57 AM »
The new timed quest is...
Lv140 Dread Behemoth

Rewards:
30,000 EXP
999 AP
1.25 Million GIL
Requirement: Chapter 15

This would be fun. haha.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2017, 11:49:41 PM »
Trophies for Episode Gladiolus
Hmmm... They will add more trophies as the DLCs drop.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 01:38:46 AM »
Downloading time for both the update patch 1.07 and Episode Gladiolus took me around 4 hours.... /sigh
At least I finished A King's Tale and got some of the trophies.

I played Episode Gladio twice but I still haven't finished the trophy list. Replaying it soon.
The best thing that came from this is Gladio's "Rugged Attire". Thanks Squeenis. It shall be my default outfit for Gladio.

As for Chapter 13 Verse 2, people say it can be accessed from the main menu (special) provided you have finished the game. I'll get to it when I have time to play the game again.

The Ring of the Lucii is now super OP, I'm gonna use this more than warp strikes! Full on mage mode. Hahahaha. I'm sure those last 2 post game dungeons wouldn't stand a chance.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:40:28 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 02:06:24 AM »
Downloaded patch 1.09 for 2 hours.

The new timed quest is a fishing contest vs the world. Oh boy, I can only play for a few hours. I just hope I'd get enough for the reward at the end of the quest week.

This game is turning into a mobile game.  :rollseyes:

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 10:58:41 PM »
Hahaha caught 151 fishes in an hour to rank at the 710th place worldwide! Wheee~ I got more than enough quest points to get the afrojack sword.

The current timed quest is a series of hunts which I won't do since I already got the sword and I'm not after duplicates unless the upcoming quest is easier. (psst... squeenix more fishing)

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »
I love this game to bits and the updates only make it better. Of course, there are some problems, notably the lack of story about halfway through the game, but then again, it *is* an open world game, and those are never that big on story in the grand scheme of things. Can't wait for Episode Prompto!
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Tags:

anything