Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dead Cells  (Read 8586 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 10:43:40 PM »
I finally picked this up, but I just get an error message:

The application was unable to create an OpenGL context for your Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 video card.  OpenGL 3.2+ is required, please update your driver.

Can someone who is tech savvy help out a guy that mostly pretends to be?  I found on the support forum that others have run into this, and that the devs will (at some point) work on adding DirectX support (which may or may not help)...but I'm not understanding if I can just go download a fix somewhere?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:59:54 PM by theANdROId »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »
I'm probably late.... but......

Go with the beta, I believe the beta has DirectX now. Or just download updated drivers if your gfx card can support opengl 3.2. Don't see why not, unless you got a real old computer.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 03:47:43 PM »
Thanks, but somehow it works now.  I google searched, contacted a friend, and the developer, and none of their suggestions seemed to work.  Then I had a really crappy day (I don't even remember why it was crappy now) and thought, "I just wish this game would work.  That would be a good end to a crappy day."  Even though it hadn't worked the literal night before, I tried to start the game again and it just worked!

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:08:21 PM »
the most recent update has some fantastic changes to it, even a "castlevania-esque" option for the food items.
i haven't had time to play it much recently and check out everything that's changed, though from what i've seen they've added a ton of things lately.

this image sums up the game pretty much perfectly -

it's a ton of fun to play and the art style & general atmosphere of it is very well done.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 05:50:13 AM »
the most recent update has some fantastic changes to it, even a "castlevania-esque" option for the food items.
i haven't had time to play it much recently and check out everything that's changed, though from what i've seen they've added a ton of things lately.

this image sums up the game pretty much perfectly -

it's a ton of fun to play and the art style & general atmosphere of it is very well done.
That feel when you've unlocked every weapon BUT the whip...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline yamabigdog

• Uber Pwnerer
  • Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 12:58:42 AM »
The Valmonts whip blueprint can be obtained from the worm creatures in Sewers.  In the most recent (beta) update, you can find the legendary version of it!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:21:33 AM by yamabigdog »
Been here since the 1st NES CastleVania.

Tags: