Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula's Curse (Wii VC)  (Read 15107 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 05:07:02 AM »
Already had the retranslated superior looking and sounding, CV3(j) on my Wii a long long time ago. Not paying for an inferior version.

This. (Even though there's nothing re-translated about it--it's just the text ripped from the English version of the game and hacked into the Japanese game, unless there's a different version out, an actual fan translation.)

Plus, FCE Ultra GX has an option to display the game 4:3 on a widescreen display. And it doesn't take up space on my Wii storage. AND I can configure the B and A buttons to Y and B respectively, which feels far more natural.

Fuck Nintendo. Too little too late. I would have paid for this a year ago, but when hackers create stuff that's better than the official services that you have to pay for, I know what I'd much rather go with. And seeing as how the superior version of the game will never see the light of day in the US, I'd say I'm making the right decision.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 05:44:43 AM »
In Reply To #17

(Even though there's nothing re-translated about it--it's just the text ripped from the English version of the game and hacked into the Japanese game, unless there's a different version out, an actual fan translation.)

there is. you're missing out if you got the copypasta version rather than the retranslated one.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »
In Reply To All,

It seems to look better than the ROM using FCEUGX.  I don't know what it is about it, though... here's what I noticed:

1. The game fits on the entire screen, in comparison to the FCEUGX which, even if you play with the aspect ratios and whatnot, always manages to either look wrong, or chop off a bit of the resolution (usually the lettering around the Score or the Block Number).  I can't get it to display correctly.  The VC game fits perfectly on the screen.

2. There's something about the choice of colors the Wii NES VC use... it seems... 'darker' than the emulator.  If someone can grab the palette file from this I'd love to load it as a custom palette in FCEUGX.  It just reminds me of the old days I used to play the game in front of the TV a while ago, not the squeaky clean bright palette the computers seem to use.

3. Music seems smoother.  This might actually be inferior music in comparison or something, but it's got just the right amount of bass, etc.

It could be that Nintendo's NES Emulation code is perfect, or something... I too have HBC and have played CVIII and CVIIIJ (though I do not have ReTranslated CVIIIJ), but as a fan of the series, it's not going out of my way to support Konami and getting a $5 NES game.

I spend more on coffee daily.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Dracula's Curse (Wii VC)
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »
Oh yes! Finally, I have waited a year for this to come to the virtual console!! I am so downloading it :D
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
2. There's something about the choice of colors the Wii NES VC use... it seems... 'darker' than the emulator.

Yes. That is what I like about the VC the best. Those are the actual NES colors. I haven't seen an emulator yet to actually have those. If someone could inject the retranslated ROM into CV3 on VC, then that would be awesome.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »
I haven't really checked the aspect ratio of CVIII yet, since I haven't really played it on the Wii emulator, but I know more recent versions tend to show everything, or so it seems. I compared CVI, anyway, and FCEUGX was showing more.

As for the Virtual Console NES colors, I think they look too dark. I fired up my actual NES cartridge on my NES2, and it doesn't look that dark. But yeah, the FCEUGX color palettes are too bright, or too wonky. Can't find one that's just right, but oh well.

Where can this fan-translated CVIII-J be found? I usually just check Romhacking.net for patches, and they have nothing. Somebody PM me a link or something.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:10:23 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 05:57:33 PM »
Oh, and I can't even get access to the Shop Channel anyway, lulz. I wasn't sure if it'd be safe to update to the latest firmware, or if it would erase The Homebrew Channel. I also don't know where to look to download the replacement/hacked Shop Channel or whatever.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »
In Reply To #23

There's a "Shop Channel Updater" app you wanna download for your HBC.  You can get it off of wiibrew.org.  :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »
Otay o. o Last night I had searched "shop channel" on WiiBrew but got dick-all.

I still can't even find it when browsing their apps list. Perhaps it got removed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
I wanna know where this retranslated cv3 is too.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
well before chapel's server died it was hosted there, but now seeing as the host itself went bankrupt it'll probably take some time to return.

other than that google. you'll know you found it if its title is "akumajyou densetsu" or something in a redrawn english font.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 05:35:13 AM »
Otay o. o Last night I had searched "shop channel" on WiiBrew but got dick-all.

I still can't even find it when browsing their apps list. Perhaps it got removed.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

Offline silvermoonlight

• A Gentle Ray of Moonlight
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 11:27:51 AM »
Muahhahaha!
It soon shall be mine!
*purchases wii points*
 ;D
soma eyes sig" style="width:276px

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 11:31:17 PM »
Gawd, I love this game :3

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
funynpart is i've had the game for some time on the wii, i will buy it tho, i do wish i could buy rondo properly since its on my menu as a jap import title
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Tags: