Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Could "Dracula II - The Undead" change some things in the chronology?  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I suppose that you know that there will be an official sequel to "Dracula" made by the grand grand son of Stoker based upon some notes of his grand grand father where he planned a sequel.
The problem with Castlevania is, the new novel will be at 1912, and the hunter will be Quincy harker (Son of Jonathan) and Dracula is resurrected, it appears to be.

So, perhaps, the Bloodlines and the POR could be erased or edited in time and facts, because Castlevania still has as main refference the original novel.

What do toy think about it?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Could "Dracula II - The Undead" change some things in the chronology?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »
Interesting point, but I doubt they'd edit those out for it.
Bram Stoker's Dracula isn't exactly the most important thing used in the CV timeline. Bloodlines and PoR are already established, so I doubt they'd care enough to make changes now
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 05:15:08 PM »
There is a greater issue than this. While the first story is public domain, I'm assuming, this one wont be. It'll have to be copyrighted to be printed.

I think this would exclude it from use in the canon.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:08 PM »
In Reply To #1

Although the classic novel is officially canon, I object to its inclusion.  There are numerous problems created by its inclusion that would be easily remedied by its removal --or perhaps an appropriate game to replace it.  The Castlevania Universe no longer needs the Stoker novel as a crutch for its own legitmacy --Castlevania is a powerful mythos unto itself.

I am looking forward to this official sequel BTW.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »
Cecil-Kain, I agree with you.

This sequel to Stoker's book is it's own entity, and canon to the world Stoker created. It will have nothing to do with CV. They tried to get cute & fancy with Bloodlines by loosely tying it into Stoker's novel with the Morris character, but this new book won't affect the CV universe at all, or at least it shouldn't.

That being said, I'm looking forward to this new book.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 11:59:58 AM »
I disagree.
IN the canon storyline, Bram Stoker's Dracula is the OFFICIAL resurrection of Count Dracula in 1800's. I mean, Richter fight - 1797
Dracula - 1897
The bloodlines resurrection is just a stuff.  ;)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 12:14:08 PM »
I'm talking about Stoker's canon, not CV canon. This new story is part of the world Stoker created, and has nothing to do with CV. The makers of Bloodlines attempted to bridge the gap between Stoker's story and the CV story by having one of the playable characters be related to Quincy Morris, which was a total stretch, but whatever works. This new novel is solely based on Stoker's creation, not CV.

*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Tags:

anything