Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What will you miss about IGA?  (Read 23110 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
What will you miss about IGA?
« on: June 08, 2009, 01:50:02 AM »
Y'know, if it turns out he was actually fired from the series.

I will miss:

- His fashion sense

- His loyalty to and knowledge of the series and his clever easter-egg references to it

- His nice-guy personality, and his drive and passion to better himself for the series' sake. Never afraid to blame himself when things don't go as planned either.

- His consistent ability to give us some incentive to replay his games (always made sure there was a second quest, and character of some kind. Alot of other developers don't give a shit in that regard)

- His trust in, and respect of, Michiru and Ayami. We are spoiled with their combined talents and the two of them gave the series a singular style to identify with.

- His very attempt to try to give an overarching plot to such a deep, historic, albeit confusing franchise.

- His never giving up on the series, even when it seemed Konami was not entirely behind it.   

Hey, I may disagree with some of his decisions over his 10-game run, but overall I respected his passion to turn the series into something bigger. That he absolutely tried his best I think there is no doubt.

Now whether it was enough... I don't think there's a single human on earth that can entirely please the average CV fan out there.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:55:58 AM »
Assuming he is gone

I will miss

-His dedication to the series.

-His hat.

-The art direction he took the series in.

-The fact he introduced us to Ayami and Yamane.

-The fact he kept putting htem out like clock work though i previously said I would like to miss cv once an while that was impressive.

There is probably more but if indeed he is gone I will miss his dedication.

Shadowserg

Re: What will you miss about IGA?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:09 AM »
Nothing

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:32:12 AM »
- His cool cowboy hat

- His loyalty to Konami and CV

- He seems like a nice guy; humble and polite. He is no David Jaffe, thank God.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »
This topic is really premature, but I will say this.

I can't think of anyone else in the game industry so dedicated to the artform --as opposed to the business.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 07:28:40 AM »
Assuming this topic is connected to the announcement of LoS, it is silly in many ways.

But I guess it's good to see what good things people think about IGA. For a change.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:33 AM »
This topic is really premature, but I will say this.

I can't think of anyone else in the game industry so dedicated to the artform --as opposed to the business.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:05:38 AM »
Why does everyone want CV to be mainstsream? It isn't a good thing. Just look at Halo.

mainstream appeal = profit
profit = more investment
more investment = higher quality
higher quality = happy dungeonites

Unless of course you're into recycled sprites, copypasta stage design, and other mediocre production values...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »
In Reply To #9

Mainstream != shit in every case either.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »
I would miss:
1- He likes working with Ayami and Yamane, those two are the great missing gears of LoS.... ok, I will have them again in the Alucardvania xD
2- His knowledge about the classics and the easter eggs he puts into the games.
3- His goth atmposphere sense.
4- He likes hgis work; his work is bad sometimes, but he loves it; I don't know if dave Cx really love CV as IGA does.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
I liked that he was the focal point of Castlevania for a while.  It was nice to just say "find out what Iga thinks and you'll have your answer".  It was great that he was always at the big events and was good with interviews.

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
Mainstream != shit in every case either.
Most of the time, however, it isn't~
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »
mainstream appeal = profit
profit = more investment
more investment = higher quality
higher quality = happy dungeonites

Unless of course you're into recycled sprites, copypasta stage design, and other mediocre production values...

I just don't want my beloved Castlevania to be in the same category as those stupid franchises such as Halo, Call of Duty, Madden, and so on. I'm sick of casual gamers ruining everything. "OMG DIS GAEM IZ TOO HARD IT MUS SUX"

Soooo many people complained when Street Fighter IV came out that the AI was too hard, and that Seth was impossible.. Please, give me a break here. Learn skill.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 11:48:25 AM »
Personally, if he is done with the series, I'll be happy. I personally feel that he destroyed the Castlevania story and it's good to see that Konami plan on starting over. However, I just hope this team doesn't wind up butchering it too.

I agree, I think Iga is overrated and its great to see a new team have a crack at taking Castlevania in a new direction.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
In Reply To #15

Remember the feedback from DXC? Reviewers gave it shit ratings because it was too hard.

Tags: