Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)  (Read 28474 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)
« on: July 24, 2009, 01:16:13 PM »
Castlevania Icon Koji Igarashi Still At Konami, Working On New Project

By Stephen Totilo, 1:40 PM on Fri Jul 24 2009, 941 views
At E3, it was legendary Metal Gear developer Hideo Kojima who took the stage to announce his oversight of the next Castlevania game, not the man long associated with the series. Today, series publisher Konami addressed that curiosity with Kotaku.

Koji Igarashi, who has overseen three critically-lauded Nintendo DS Castlevanias and has been involved with the franchise since 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, is still with Konami, company spokesman Jay Boor told me during a phone call from the San Diego Comic-Con.

"He is still at Konami, and he is still working on projects," Boor said.

The spokesman said that press questions about Igarashi's status have been common since Igarashi failed to appear during the E3 debut of the Kojima-overseen Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. That new Castlevania game is being developed by Madrid-based MercurySteam with involvement from Kojima Productions. The new title was the first major Castlevania project announced without an apparent connection to Igarashi in years.

Boor declined to address questions of Igarashi's potential involvement in Lords of Shadow, neither confirming or denying that the developer would be working on that project.

Konami hopes to announce the next Igarashi project at the Tokyo Game Show.

Castlevania games have been released in 2005, 2006 ad 2008 on the DS, but no such project has yet been announced for 2009. Each of those games has been overseen and promoted by Igarashi. Asked by Kotaku if there would be a new DS Castlevania this year, Boor said, "I can't say anything."

We'll look to TGS for the next chapter of this story, which will hopefully illuminate Koji Igarashi's path at Konami and whether there will be any further intersections with the storied Castlevania series.
Taken from Kotaku.com.

Do you think that that (mm) "New project" to be revealed at TGS (September 24... TOO DAMN FAR) is the AlucardVania? Another Castlevania? A non-Castlevania? Nanobreaker 2?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »
I, for one, am very happy at this information. I do like IGA and am glad to hear that he is still with Konami. I'm hoping that he's still working on that Alucard game, but I am willing to try anything else he may be working on.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »
In Reply To #1

Curious....

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »
Well it's about damn time.

Why is this sad news?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »
I just read this on Kotaku, too.

I'm glad he's still with the series. So if it turns out I don't like LoS, I can always fall back on IGA-produced games, even if they do sometimes vary in quality.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
Why is this sad news?
Because some of us wanted a change, even in CV Japan, and are tired of the lack of new ideas and deep storytelling and innovative gameplay of IGA.
Still, it's nice in some sense, at least we'll know what happened in those 3 big plot holes

- Post SOTN events (Evanescence of Belmont clan, Alucard Spear to Lecardes, Barlowe with Dracula's vessel...)
- 1999 (Belmont again with the whip, dracula's kicked ass...)
- Post Sorrow (Unknown... oh, I forgot Rycordanza of God's Abyss)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
But you're already getting the change you desire with lords of shadow. Your grudge against iga shouldn't matter anymore.

Offline CastlevaniaX

• Work at Night
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 02:27:40 PM »
So, Dracula was right when he said " the curse will not be lifted".

Welcome back Iga. I miss you already.

Thanks Kojima .. one of the revolutionaries in the entertainment industry

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »
In Reply To #7
Not really, I also want a change in CV Japan.
So, Dracula was right when he said " the curse will not be lifted".
;D :lol: perfect ha ha.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 02:57:26 PM »
That's good news for me. I'm awaiting his next 2D project. Ecclesia was such a great step in the right direction. I'm eager to see if he can take that next step and make a truly epic game.

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
Not really, I also want a change in CV Japan.
Stop being so greedy. You're getting what you want, so get out of Iga's asshole. Ignore him for all I care.

-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
Yeah, I won't mind if the CV series splits up into two franchises(the one Lords of Shadow is forging and the Akumajou Dracula series).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »
Stop being so greedy. You're getting what you want, so get out of Iga's asshole. Ignore him for all I care.
No! I really like the Japan storyline I love the Belmont clan and all that Alucard Stuff, I want the best for it, and certainly, IGa isn't.
Yeah, I won't mind if the CV series splits up into two franchises(the one Lords of Shadow is forging and the Akumajou Dracula series).
As far as we know, that's the way it's working. The Castle Europe saga (LOS) and the Castle Japan saga (IGA)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
Yay!!! I love IGA-sama :D :D :D I'm glad to hear he's not gone. ^^

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »
And not everybody agrees with that sentiment, Ahas. I certainly disagree, I believe that as of right now Iga is one of the best people we could possibly have on the series. Certainly better then anyone from Mercury Steam could do.

I doubt many people could have done what he's done with the series
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Tags: