Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)  (Read 28727 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »
In Reply To #15
I understand what are you saying.
You are right, his first games were great (AOS is the 2nd best Castlevania of all time, IMO, the best is still CVIII) except HOD (I just can't love it, I mean, God, it's a disguised SOTN, and Juste with white hair...hmmmmm... oh, and don't forget the ultra original plot about the maid in troubles...) Two of the DS games were excellent too (POR sucks, a good idea, a bad development) and the 3D games were... deccent.
But the point is, IGA just can't think in anything new and as shocking as SOTN was. He can make more un-justified games with the same formula and perhaps I would love them anyway, but I'm just getting tired of the same metroidvania thing, oh, and don't forget the God-Alucard and the weak downgraded Belmonts.

What I like from IGA is that certainly he loves the saga, and, in the paper, all his games are strong and with all the good intentions in the world, but in the end he's uncapable of striving for making a new shocking experience that could make said "OMG, is that Castlevania? IMpossible!, is too great and beautiful to be it" and the lack of vision kills his work. I hate when he says things like this:
I can make many games with the same formula, anyway, fans will love it
And certainly, some fans are REALLY TIRED of the same formula.

Ecclesia is a great game, is almost perfect, the only thing that I don't like is the fact that was so predictable, but what I really liked was the fusion between old and new school, I had faith in IGA at those times, but there came the Judgment, and i said to myself "That's it, that's what IGA consideres a great game" and I lost all my faith.

For his games, I'm just expecting another MetroidVania with no sense at all (Historically) that tries to be tied with the storyline and in the end isn't at all.

Oh, and I forgot about the main 3 things
- Alucard is the hero after all (Or he appears or he's mentioned
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:53:52 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 08:22:36 PM »
I am so happy he's still there.. and hopefully working on the Alucard CV PS3 game :)
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »
Goddamn :S when is the curse going to finish?

He needs to make the Alucard-O's Cereal to finally have enough of him?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:27:21 PM by Amduscias »
=============================================

Fill this space with some nice message

=============================================

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 09:53:12 PM »
Well hey, we finally know when we're going to get the answer to the burning questions "is Iga still involved with Castlevania in some form?" and "is the Alucard game still on?".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:55:03 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
Hopefully he'll announce a new, epicly-long 2D classic-vania for DS or PSP.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »

The mysterious Alucard game may very well still be in production. If so, it's probably the only game IGA's involved with right now. But I also believe that Konami wants IGA to make another DS game in the series as soon as possible, so that's another possibility. Or maybe he's not even working on a CV anymore? After all, he hasn't created an original game since Nanobreaker, and as awful as that game was I'm sure he'd like to have another go. I know I would if I was him. I mean, Castlevania is great and all, but sometimes you just wanna make a game about... dunno... robots.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
OoE was a step in the right direction (after PoR) so let's see how IGA carries this new momentum with a new game. I'm glad he wasn't just ditched like we all wondered he might have been, but I hope he starts taking a little more risk where innovation is concerned. Then again, I guess we do have LoS for that.

If anything if LoS turns out to change too much about the series' formula, we KNOW we can at least rely on IGA to support these classic themes.

I doubt the Alucard thing is still int he works as it would directly conflict with the interest and awareness of LoS, and since Kojima was even brought in to assure attention, I really doubt they'd want to threaten all of that.

IGA is likely working on the next 2D game, only I'm hoping it's that classic-formula "Wii-make" he's mentioned wanting to do.

At least we finally get some closure on his status. Don't know why their PR group danced around the issue so long.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:01:30 AM by A n t r a x x »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
Interesting information. I'm actually happy he isn't leaving because I do love his handheld games. If the series does branch off (the 'rebirth' with LoS and what may come after going one way while his own version of CV going the other), I think everyone wins in a sense.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 05:37:49 PM »

I doubt the Alucard thing is still int he works as it would directly conflict with the interest and awareness of LoS, and since Kojima was even brought in to assure attention, I really doubt they'd want to threaten all of that.

It's just that the Alucard teaser was released AFTER LoS was announced the first time, wasn't it? We already know Mercurysteam has been working on LoS for quite some time, which makes me think that the IGA game is, in fact, a newer project. I've heard IGA wasn't too happy that the teaser was even shown at last years TGS. So maybe the game is actually under development as we speak, but Konami won't talk about it right now since they want to focus on LoS first. The Alucard game may very well be 2 years away for all we know. Time will tell...

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 07:10:06 PM »
i hope we dont see him for a while because if he is working on a new vania i want him to take the time to develop and polish it. The only problem with his games is that they need more time to bake.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
In Reply To #24

That's an interesting point you brought up. LoS was already an existing title(Castlevania title) BEFORE IGA unveiled the Alucard teaser. Had Konami JUST wanted LoS to corner the market on 3D CV action, they would certainly not allow IGA to show it, let alone make a teaser or a game for that matter.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »
That's an interesting point you brought up. LoS was already an existing title(Castlevania title) BEFORE IGA unveiled the Alucard teaser. Had Konami JUST wanted LoS to corner the market on 3D CV action, they would certainly not allow IGA to show it, let alone make a teaser or a game for that matter.
I think you are being too optimistic. If you remember, there were news kind of 2 days ago, saying that Konami wasn't very happy with IGA's work and they could fire him (Searching for the link right now) and also remember that when IGA was asked about LOS long ago his answer wasn't very deep, and, he wasn't very pleasant with the question, I can even say that he was uncomfortable. You can be sure that no IGA gamewill have the budget of LOS (because Kojima Produtcion$ have many "resources") Konami's support or media coverage. Remember than even ecclesia had less budget than LOS, and Judgment was made in 6 months.
So, I think IGA will NEVER make a PS3-360 3D game, I think he's in charge of 2D and Wii games that aren't that ambtious.
IGa is not castlevania God anymore.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »
If the Alucard game is still going, then...

CASTLEVANIA
EAST VS WEST

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
In Reply To #28
There's a nice side:
FUN x2! ;D
Do you know what could piss me off?
If the AlucardVania is developed for the Wii. Damn it, only thinking about it makes me feel bad (NOte: I have a 360  :))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:18:56 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline CastlevaniaX

• Work at Night
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 10:06:17 PM »
In Reply To #27

I need links to what you mentioned up there. I've never read anyhting about Konami thinking of firing him or being not happy with him. Also, I can't recall anything related to Iga's comment on LOS.

Thanks Kojima .. one of the revolutionaries in the entertainment industry

Tags:

anything