Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)  (Read 28763 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »
In Reply To #30

Yeah, I can't say I recall hearing anything else about IGA and Konami stance on him other than the Kotaku article. I mean, that's the first real ANYTHING we've heard regarding IGA still being at Konami in a long while. Wasn't he, like, MIA since the whole "sick" thing?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 11:28:29 PM »
That's good. I'd be sad if there were no more of IGA's DS Castlevanias.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 02:05:04 AM »
Most Japanese corporations would never speak of their own employees that way. It is just too disrespectful.

And I highly doubt Konami ever would.

I agree I have never ever heard of this article stating Konami said such harsh things about IGA.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 04:09:21 AM »
When I saw the title, I thought out loud: "give me a break".

He has either minimal or zero involvement with LoS. That should be enough for even the fiercest haters.

I mean, what do you want? What would suffice? To see him fired and rolled in tar and feathers?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 04:12:42 AM by A-Yty »

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »
Not really a fan of the Metroid style(I like the style in general, just not how it's generally done with this series), but I don't want the guy to lose his position for it or something.

Which isn't very likely anyway. They have this thing in Japan where once you've got a job, you have said job for life(not sure how it's handled when a company goes under, though).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »
PLease guys, help me to find the interview when IGA talked about LOS, it was from september, or something like that. I just can't find it, but I'm SURE he was asked.
And about he being fired, I saw it in a spanish forum (Not the ever-trustable Castlemaniacs) and I must to find it.
But please, help ,e to search the interview where he was asked about LOS, was only one question; he was promoting Judgment
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:24:04 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline CastlevaniaX

• Work at Night
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 09:45:38 AM »
In Reply To #36

Please, provide us with the link to Eurogamer interview with Iga. Not that I don't believe you, but I'd like to read the complete interview. As per the line "Konami is not OK with Iga and thinks of firing him" where you found at a Spanish forum , I'd like to call it "a fan's post " till I've got a more credible source.

Waiting...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:49:43 AM by CastlevaniaX »

Thanks Kojima .. one of the revolutionaries in the entertainment industry

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »
Ok, I will, but it's in spanish  :P Another spaniard can confirm my translation http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/koji-igarashi-entrevista

Offline CastlevaniaX

• Work at Night
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:29 AM »
Thanks. Well, I don't speak Spanish. However, God knows how Google language tool is so valuable nowadays lol.

Eurogamer: We've seen the video of Lord of Shadows, the game just introduced Konami and that may take many elements of Castlevania. Got a relationship with this game?

Koji Igarashi: I'm not related to this game. But the truth is that I really want to know more details, appeals to me a game of such action but developed in Europe. [Recall that Lord of Shadows is being developed by Mercury Steam studying Spanish for Konami].

This proves one thing which is that he had no idea about LOS and what LOS would be... at least at that time. Well, maybe it was much bigger than that. I mean, could it be that Konami Japan didn't know about this game till Dave Cox "from Konami Europe" presented it lately to them then they decided to cancel Iga's game ( or at least hold the project ) ? I know it's still a speculation, but we know that Konami had a history of doing these things " cancellation of Castlevania : Resurrection ".

God I hate this.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:19:02 AM by CastlevaniaX »

Thanks Kojima .. one of the revolutionaries in the entertainment industry

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 10:16:10 AM »

Now reading this, I have a :irony:little:irony off: impression, he didn't knew that LOS was a Castlevania

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2009, 10:22:58 AM »
I don't know, the interview is set December 8th. It could be very weird if IGA didn't know at that time that LOS was a Castlevania. But God, Konami has no good referenes. Perhaps it was like:
-Iga walked to his office early in the morning ready to continue with his beloved AlucadVania, but found a letter on his desk. The letter said:

"Hi IGA pal, you know? I have been involved in some games here and there, and I found a good game in Spain, is a sort of action game and the hero has a whip. So i went with the boss and talked about how much I liked that game and that I could put my seal on it; The Boss was very happy, he thought that my seal could expand the sales of the game and it could
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:24:40 AM by Ahasverus »

Offline semianonymous

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

Eurogamer: We've seen the video of Lord of Shadows, the game just introduced Konami and that may take many elements of Castlevania. Got a relationship with this game?

Koji Igarashi: I'm not related to this game. But the truth is that I really want to know more details, appeals to me a game of such action but developed in Europe. [Recall that Lord of Shadows is being developed by Mercury Steam studying Spanish for Konami].

All that proves is he didn't know the details at the time. It was entirely possible that he knew full well that it was a Castlevania at the time, and he was under orders from the powers that be to not mention it was a Castlevania.

Or it really wasn't a Castlevania at the time, or he really didn't know. I imagine the first scenario to be the most likely.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »
In Reply To #42

Konami likes to keep its secrets, it does... :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
In Reply To #43

All companies do. Not every team knows what the others are doing. That happens with every company. It was made clear whenever I heard various production teams at Square Enix comment about other teams within the company. It's not like Kawazu and Tanaka know what Kitase or Tokita are doing. They might have some idea, but I'm sure the production team for the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series doesn't know what the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation has in store for us.

I don't think it would be far-fetched that Konami does this too. I doubt the Castlevania people know what the Silent Hill people are doing, or the Contra and Gradius teams know what Kojima's doing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:21:58 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 03:51:40 AM »
In Reply To #44

True. But I think Hideo Kojima would know if a new, non-Kojima Metal Gear was in the making. Same goes for Igarashi. And who knows, Igarashi might be partly responsible for LoS not fitting the official CV timeline. Maybe LoS was initially going to be connected with the other games, but Igarashi didn't want them to interfer? This is only speculation, of course. But perhaps he suggested them to stay away from his timeline and come up with something different? Maybe he already have plans for his storyline.

Lol, speculations are teh shit.

Tags:

anything