Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)  (Read 28471 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Confirmation- Koji Igarashi is still at konami (Sadly??)
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 08:07:24 AM »
Man, hearing that Iga's still around really bums me out. Hopefully, the projects that he is working on are unrelated to Castlevania. Highly unlikely, but here's to hoping.

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »
I'll reserve my Judgement, but I'm not expecting anything different than what we got before. I think it's really funny that Iga is praised for reviving the CV series with SotN, and yet the same people who praise him for that are bashing Mercury Steam/Kojima for attempting to do the same thing, because let's be honest, if CV was starting to get stale before SotN came a long, it's certainly gotten stale enough with the latest Igavania's to warrant another revival.

The word of the day: hypocrisy.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 12:42:19 PM »
I dont' see it like that. The reason a lot of people are wary about LoS because they fear it's going to turn it's back on the classic series themes completely. While IGA changed the gameplay up and switched the series over from a stage-based on to a castletroid, he kept a lot of the things from the older games(hell, he went out of his way to bring back Alucard, and makes references to past titles). The change in gameplay was different, yet it was still roaming around the castle, killing zombies, fleamen, fishmen, candles with hearts, subweapons and Dracula.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »
But right now, it's like jumping from a airplane, sky diving over an area with a dense jungle. There's some clear patches to land, and the overall surrounds are BEAUTIFUL, but you just don't know what's down there.

That's exactly why I'm so excited about this game.  8) It's better to take that leap than just let the series grow stale with the same formula over and over until Konami closes the lid forever. And I still think LoS will be a familiar experience to CV fans, albeit not stuck in the 90's anymore.

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
Awww cmon dude, just look at the situation like this:

We had 9 years of breathtaking classic action
Then we got 12 YEARS of the same formula of the castleroid and the fail of PS2 by Iga

Its time for another change or in this case, reborn and we cannot underestimate the power of the action games, it have many potential is just that there are not enough brain to make it work to the 1OO%
=============================================

Fill this space with some nice message

=============================================

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 09:59:46 PM »
But right now, it's like jumping from a airplane, sky diving over an area with a dense jungle. There's some clear patches to land, and the overall surrounds are BEAUTIFUL, but you just don't know what's down there.
That's exactly what happened with SotN, but no one complained then, did they? Watch the trailer again, and look closely. I did, and I saw torches with blue flames that probably serve the same classic purpose we expect them to, gothic castles, Gabriel using a subweapon of sorts, creatures born out of European mythology, etc etc.

Besides, I'd rather jump from the plane now and land somewhere new than stay on the plane and land in the same ol' territory.

And by the way, I believe I read somewhere that this is part of a planned Trilogy. With a film on the way, which is going to use the classic plot of a vampire killer facing Dracula, do you really think Konami is going to release a game, or several, in conjunction with the film that would ditch that basic plot? People who weren't fans before the film are going to walk out of the theater wanting to play the games, so I doubt Konami would do something so stupid as to release new Castlevania games that have don't have anything to do with the Dracula-based storyline at the same time as a film that does.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »
Yeah, I don't know where everybody's getting the idea about a trilogy. The first I heard about it was in the movie thread.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
The only trilogy I've heard about was the one for the Dracula's Curse animated films. They said they wanted to do 3, but it doesn't seem like we're going to get any now...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
I predict IGA will take this opportunity to introduce a new female character who dies / has everyone she knows and loves die / is useless for the entire game.

C'mon.  You know he's going to.

Offline Nazrath

• Thanatologist and
  • Hunter in Training
  • \/^^^^\/
    • The Castle of Dracula
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 07:07:56 AM »
Or maybe there'll be a surprise unveiling at the end of the game, whereby the main protagonist was actually a girl with a-cups. If Iga's that keen on metroid, maybe he's finally going to give it the ultimate tip of his wide-brimmed hat?  :-*

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »
In Reply To #55

I dunno which Metroid you played but Samus is definitely not an acup =D

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
Women have no business in Castlevania unless they're being saved by a male Belmont. That's right! I said it!

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Awww cmon dude, just look at the situation like this:

We had 9 years of breathtaking classic action
Then we got 12 YEARS of the same formula of the castleroid and the fail of PS2 by Iga

Its time for another change or in this case, reborn and we cannot underestimate the power of the action games, it have many potential is just that there are not enough brain to make it work to the 1OO%
Uh. Your numbers are off. Castlevania debuted in 1986. Symphony came out in 1997. That's 11 years. Unless of course, you don't want to count the time-frame between the '95 release of Dracula X for the SNES and SOTN, in which case we've only had 11 years of Castleroid, because the last release was in late 08. And ultimately, we've had more classic/other style games then we have Castleroids (approximately 9 out of 29 games are metroidvania style).

Castlevania has always been partially action game at heart, so I don't see why you're going on about that. The complaints about it not being castlevania are less about gameplay and more about style and the visible lack of actual Castlevania elements.
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
I think it's really funny that Iga is praised for reviving the CV series with SotN, and yet the same people who praise him for that are bashing Mercury Steam/Kojima for attempting to do the same thing, because let's be honest, if CV was starting to get stale before SotN came a long, it's certainly gotten stale enough with the latest Igavania's to warrant another revival.

The word of the day: hypocrisy.

Amen to that.  I don't understand why there is such resistance to change, when we saw the exact same thing happen with SotN, and at the time it was good for Castlevania.  To people criticizing the perceived gameplay similarities to God of War... How is that any different than slapping Castlevania themes over Super Metroid?  And stylistically, there were a great deal of changes in SotN as well.  The elegant and romantic look of the characters that has become so commonplace to Castlevania was a huge departure from the norm when SotN came out.

I mean, if you guys are really pessimistic about this because you haven't seen fleamen or candles yet, all I can say is be patient and stop nitpicking.  Don't judge a book by its cover, and don't judge a game by its trailer.

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
We're judging the game by what we've seen thus far - the trailer, interviews, concept art, all of that. That's the entire point of them showing you these things. To give people an opinion on it, and hopefully drum up some anticipation.

And stylistically, there were a great deal of changes in SotN as well.
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Tags: